U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2014, 08:09 AM

10,361 posts, read 10,377,986 times

Advertisements

I have not read every post. My question is. Has anyone addresses the question of? Why didn't he break down the door if he was arguing with her? He broke down the door after she had been shot. Why not before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 08:26 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,338,684 times
She was locked in the bathroom for whatever reason. He apparently was arguing with her and fired into the door in an effort to open it. He claims that he thought it was an intruder and Reeva was still in bed (which kind of makes no sense because surely she would have heard him yelling and firing a weapon). So, the way I'm picturing this is he was shooting to disengage the door lock and/or knob/handle in order to gain access. I wasn't there, of course. I just can't imagine someone shooting through a closed door and not expecting some of those bullets would hit a person on the other side.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:10 AM

10,361 posts, read 10,377,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
She was locked in the bathroom for whatever reason. He apparently was arguing with her and fired into the door in an effort to open it. He claims that he thought it was an intruder and Reeva was still in bed (which kind of makes no sense because surely she would have heard him yelling and firing a weapon). So, the way I'm picturing this is he was shooting to disengage the door lock and/or knob/handle in order to gain access. I wasn't there, of course. I just can't imagine someone shooting through a closed door and not expecting some of those bullets would hit a person on the other side.
The door with the bullet holes spread out contradict what you say.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:14 AM

4,576 posts, read 7,076,737 times
we'll see if the justice system in SA can really convict this guy. He's young, good looking (personally I don't think so but whatever), has overcome serious disability, an athlete, he is truly a SUPER STAR in SA and many parts of the world. It would be like trying to convict Tom Brady or someone with that status in the US. I hope M'Lady comes through and does the right thing, but I'm having some doubts. I fear she feels sorry for him...

Old 04-16-2014, 11:19 AM

646 posts, read 751,057 times
clearly he was standing his ground...

Old 04-16-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The door with the bullet holes spread out contradict what you say.
That's might be true. I wasn't there. I don't recall seeing any photos of the damaged door either. However, I have shot a gun. It is very difficult to get all bullets in the same general area even when not upset (or angry or scared) as he supposedly was. Granted, I wasn't using the same type of weapon that he had either.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:44 PM

5,319 posts, read 7,872,746 times
Quote:
That's might be true. I wasn't there. I don't recall seeing any photos of the damaged door either. However, I have shot a gun. It is very difficult to get all bullets in the same general area even when not upset (or angry or scared) as he supposedly was. Granted, I wasn't using the same type of weapon that he had either.
Then look for yourself at the bullet holes here or here.

You can see the cricket bat damage here.

There is no way he was aiming at the doorknob.

Anyone who loved guns as much as he did, should have been able to get closer than he did to the doorknob while standing just a few feet from the door.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:17 PM

Thanks for the links to the photos. The bullets holes look like they were fired by someone without much experience firing a weapon which contradicts reports about him going to the firing range. So, either he really believed there was an intruder and was trying maximize the chance of shooting him/her OR he knew he was going to kill Reeva and wanted it to look like he was wildly aiming.

Has there been any information about how tall he is without his prosthetic legs on?

Old 04-16-2014, 06:42 PM

12,371 posts, read 18,463,797 times
Quote:
Thanks for the links to the photos. The bullets holes look like they were fired by someone without much experience firing a weapon which contradicts reports about him going to the firing range. So, either he really believed there was an intruder and was trying maximize the chance of shooting him/her OR he knew he was going to kill Reeva and wanted it to look like he was wildly aiming.

Has there been any information about how tall he is without his prosthetic legs on?
Cleary - he fired in a fit of rage and anger, not caring if he hit her or not. Of course he wasn't aiming at the doorknob. There was no aiming involved, there was only emotion. He knew she was in the bathroom.
I still call it murder.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:55 PM

I agree it was murder. I don't see how it can be anything except murder when one blindly shoots through a door. Any reasonable person would know they are bound to hit somebody (girlfriend, intruder, etc.) on the other side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or