U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2014, 07:51 PM

1,756 posts, read 1,938,165 times

Advertisements

murder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 09:58 PM

10,357 posts, read 7,991,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
Thanks for the links to the photos. The bullets holes look like they were fired by someone without much experience firing a weapon which contradicts reports about him going to the firing range. So, either he really believed there was an intruder and was trying maximize the chance of shooting him/her OR he knew he was going to kill Reeva and wanted it to look like he was wildly aiming.

Has there been any information about how tall he is without his prosthetic legs on?
I think he said around 5 feet.

The shots might have been a bit wild because without his prosthetics his balance is affected and he is apparently kind of wobbly.

Last edited by ellemint; 04-16-2014 at 10:36 PM..

Old 04-17-2014, 01:30 PM

4,576 posts, read 7,070,096 times
so they are now on a two week hiatus...anybody know why?

Old 04-18-2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
so they are now on a two week hiatus...anybody know why?
The trial has gone on longer than expected. One of the attorneys is needed for another trial.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:57 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,336,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I think he said around 5 feet.

The shots might have been a bit wild because without his prosthetics his balance is affected and he is apparently kind of wobbly.
I know some people with various handicaps and all of them are proficient at using their bodies without prosthetics. Pistorius was not only able to use his stumps, but excelled at the para-Olympics. With that in mind, does it seem reasonable that he was "wobbly" without his prosthetics?

Maybe the "emotional distress" in court really is to plant the seed of insanity. I just can't fathom how he can claim he was in his "right mind" and have his story make sense.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
I know some people with various handicaps and all of them are proficient at using their bodies without prosthetics. Pistorius was not only able to use his stumps, but excelled at the para-Olympics. With that in mind, does it seem reasonable that he was "wobbly" without his prosthetics?

Maybe the "emotional distress" in court really is to plant the seed of insanity. I just can't fathom how he can claim he was in his "right mind" and have his story make sense.
That's a good point. I think Samantha Taylor, his ex-girlfriend, testified to that---that he wasn't able to balance that well on his stumps when standing in place and would have to hold onto to something.

And Oscar himself, during the trial, has said that because of the particular formation of his stumps, that he's OK as long as he's moving, but if he stands still he has problems with balance.

Well he certainly does cry a lot, that's for sure! I think some of his distress is real, he has remorse, but I also think sometimes his tears are for himself.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:09 AM

Thanks for clarifying this point, Ellemint. Sometimes, I wish all the world's legal systems would get revamped and people could confess and do their time without all the theatrics.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:33 PM

12,982 posts, read 12,271,108 times
This is a bombshell if true. Of course his camp is denying it, not much else they can say.

Quote:
I have it from a reliable source that you are taking acting lessons for your days in court. Your coach has an impossible task.
LETTER TO OSCAR ... | janiallan.com

Oscar Pistorius trial: spokeswoman denies athlete took acting lessons | World news | theguardian.com

Old 04-26-2014, 06:57 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,900,220 times
I don't think there was ever an intruder issue. Just a convenient excuse for a hotheaded gunfreak who went overboard. Guilty.

Yes. I'm a card carrying Texas gun owner.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:32 PM

The part that still baffles me is how he (or his team) thought this story would even make sense.

Yes, I understand he felt vulnerable without his prostethes.
Yes, I understand it was the middle of the night.
Yes, I understand he lives in a high crime area.

What I don't understand is how anybody on the other side of a locked door is a real and immediate threat? Why not find something to barricade the person in and call the police?

I don't understand how any rational human being whose ever been in a relationship with another adult would not do a visual or at least auditory check for their whereabouts ESPECIALLY if one fears that an intruder is in the house.

I don't understand how a famous person will a "team" of advisors couldn't concoct a better lie than this ridiculously transparent one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or