U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 PM

6,111 posts, read 5,077,737 times

Advertisements

What is it with our athletic heros? Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Junior Seau, Lance Armstrong, and now now the The Bladerunner! Sheesh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 02:33 AM

198 posts, read 141,138 times
ticks me off, here we are doing everything we can to ban semi-auto scary looking guns and they are allowed to own full auto machine guns without a background check or permit. And he didn't even use that to kill the person mistaken for an intruder.

On another note, if this woman hadn't been a super model, we would most likely never have heard about it.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:39 AM

6,865 posts, read 6,194,424 times
I feel sorry for the woman but a wise man named Billy Ray Valentine (of all names) once said:

"Once you go with a man with no legs..........You never go back."

Old 02-15-2013, 03:18 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,545,592 times
He has been charged with murder. I heared that he has a history of domestic violence, and neighbors report hearing a lot of yelling and screaming in the house before he shot her.

I think this man has some serious issues which have been hidden up to this point. He likely is a very insecure individual because of his condition, especially in regards to women. He's probably extremely sensitive about being rejected and made to feel like he's not a full human being because of his handicap. She might've told him that she was leaving him for someone else, someone who wasn't handicapped, and Oscar flipped. Maybe she made fun of his condition, pushed the wrong button, and he flipped.

Shame and tragic. It will be interesting to find out the facts of this one.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:37 AM

17,853 posts, read 12,224,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
He has been charged with murder. I heared that he has a history of domestic violence, and neighbors report hearing a lot of yelling and screaming in the house before he shot her.

I think this man has some serious issues which have been hidden up to this point. He likely is a very insecure individual because of his condition, especially in regards to women. He's probably extremely sensitive about being rejected and made to feel like he's not a full human being because of his handicap. She might've told him that she was leaving him for someone else, someone who wasn't handicapped, and Oscar flipped. Maybe she made fun of his condition, pushed the wrong button, and he flipped.

Shame and tragic. It will be interesting to find out the facts of this one.
Or maybe he was just an asshat with poor impulse control and a gun at hand.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:50 AM

3,522 posts, read 3,925,256 times
Don't understand the sympathy, the guy murdered someone (allegedly).

Old 02-15-2013, 05:39 AM

13,904 posts, read 11,482,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Sad news. He was such a bleak of hope in last year's Olympics. Now his legacy is forever tarnished. Hope her family gets the justice they need.

BBC News - Oscar Pistorius 'shoots girlfriend' - local media
I'm gonna spend the whole day wondering what "a bleak of hope" is.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:39 AM

30,056 posts, read 16,613,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
If it turns out that these were the circumstances, I can't see that he would be to blame for anything even if he is the cause.
Of course, he would ~ in America anyway. You can't just kill someone and go 'Oops; Sorry."

Plus she was shot more than once so . . I don't think the whole intruder thing is going to fly.

Such a waste of a young life.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:31 AM

1,076 posts, read 1,499,299 times
She was supposedly in the bathroom. So first question would be is it possible to get in there from outside.

If so, at the very least he was negligent for firing through the door without knowing at whom or what he was shooting. Doesn't explain the shouting the neighbors heard, though.

The fact that they charged him with murder right off the bat doesn't bode well.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:32 AM

19,634 posts, read 12,445,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I think it was foul play.

Agreed. He shot her four times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or