U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 11:30 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,174,803 times

Advertisements

I couldn't believe his Defense team is trying to claim he has Generalized Anger Disorder. He doesn't meet DSM-V criteria for that diagnosis. If he had GAD, he couldn't have competed in any Olympics.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 07:57 AM

5,319 posts, read 7,869,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I couldn't believe his Defense team is trying to claim he has Generalized Anger Disorder. He doesn't meet DSM-V criteria for that diagnosis. If he had GAD, he couldn't have competed in any Olympics.

MSR
Just looked up GAD. They refer to it as Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

Generalized anxiety disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is an anxiety disorder that is characterized by excessive, uncontrollable and often irrational worry. For diagnosis of this disorder, symptoms must last at least six months.[1] This excessive worry often interferes with daily functioning, as individuals suffering GAD typically anticipate disaster, and are overly concerned about everyday matters such as health issues, money, death, family problems, friendship problems, interpersonal relationship problems, or work difficulties.[2] Individuals often exhibit a variety of physical symptoms, including fatigue, fidgeting, headaches, nausea, numbness in hands and feet, muscle tension, muscle aches, difficulty swallowing, bouts of difficulty breathing, difficulty concentrating, trembling, twitching, irritability, agitation, sweating, restlessness, insomnia, hot flashes, and rashes and inability to fully control the anxiety (ICD-10).[3] These symptoms must be consistent and ongoing, persisting at least six months, for a formal diagnosis of GAD to be introduced.[2]
Since the symptoms appear to be physical, it should be pretty easy to obtain Pistorius' medical history, to see if anything listed above was reported. He most likely has a regular doctor since he competes as an athlete, and for his legs.

They also say the symptoms must be consistent and ongoing for at least 6 months. I doubt the Defense will be able to prove that was the case.

And Pistorius' ex-girlfriend can also testify whether Pistorius exhibited any of the symptoms while they were dating.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:54 AM

3,438 posts, read 4,742,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Thank you Captain Obvious for your contribution to this topic.

if he knew how to fire the gun he must have known that a bullet goes through a bathroom door.

I am still wondering why you imply that he maybe was just letting off steam and equated it to punching a hole with his fist in the wall.

apples to oranges

Old 05-14-2014, 05:19 PM

12,345 posts, read 18,450,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
if he knew how to fire the gun he must have known that a bullet goes through a bathroom door.

I am still wondering why you imply that he maybe was just letting off steam and equated it to punching a hole with his fist in the wall.

apples to oranges
Thank you for promoting me to his defense team, I never knew...since I am on record in a previous post in calling him a blatant murderer.
Now run along now Captain, to another thread and another pointless argument.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:14 AM

5,823 posts, read 10,169,058 times
Like the O.J. Simpson saga; boring, boring, boring. But for whatever reason the world medias love it.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:37 PM

7,022 posts, read 6,003,323 times
Why has this trial gone on for so long?

Old 05-18-2014, 01:55 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,364,505 times
I want to know why they decided halfway thru the trial to finally do a psych eval! He's obviously going to look highly anxious if they evaluate him now -- he's on trial for frikkin' murder.

I also want to know what drugs the judge is on that he would see this as anything but garden-variety domestic violence. The only anxiety this guy showed evidence of before the shooting is that Reena might possibly be interested in someone other than Oscar.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:05 PM

10,357 posts, read 7,995,224 times
The Oscar Pistorius trial was slated to re-start on Monday June 30th, after he was being evaluated to determine if Oscar knew the difference between right and wrong, and to assess whether or not he has an anxiety disorder that might make him not responsible for his actions.

But now the psychiatrist who was supposed to sign off on the document about Oscar's mental health has had a heart attack, so it might delay the restart I'm thinking.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:12 PM

7,315 posts, read 5,555,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The Oscar Pistorius trial was slated to re-start on Monday June 30th, after he was being evaluated to determine if Oscar knew the difference between right and wrong, and to assess whether or not he has an anxiety disorder that might make him not responsible for his actions.

But now the psychiatrist who was supposed to sign off on the document about Oscar's mental health has had a heart attack, so it might delay the restart I'm thinking.
Omigosh. I can't believe it. Will that mean someone else will have to assess him all over again?

Old 06-29-2014, 05:10 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,062,186 times
Oh, Lord.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but it seems to be one thing after another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or