Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2014, 05:26 AM

43,618 posts, read 44,346,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
He probably get 5 years after good behavior or less but another ing is he will not be able to get into some countries. England and the US For example will not allow him to enter since he now is a convicted criminal/felon.
From my understanding the judge could sentence to no jail time or up to 15 years. So we shall see....

Oscar Pistorius convicted of homicide in girlfriend's killing - LA Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 08:25 AM

675 posts, read 543,962 times
If this dude gets anything other than 10 years its a joke.

Even if he didn't intentionally kill his GF, he was insanely reckless and stupid to wake up and start firing off shots into the bathroom when his GF is not even in the bed. I mean WTF, common sense says that is 98% probability that your GF who is sleeping over and not in the bed with you late at night is in the bathroom.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:32 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,388,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post

Even if he didn't intentionally kill his GF, he was insanely reckless and stupid to wake up and start firing off shots into the bathroom when his GF is not even in the bed. I mean WTF, common sense says that is 98% probability that your GF who is sleeping over and not in the bed with you late at night is in the bathroom.
I'm thinking he may not be sentenced to prison at all. I believe judge Masipa is smitten with him. It seems as if she wants to adopt Oscar as her very own grandchild. The whole thing is sickening.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:50 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
I think they had a fight and he most certainly meant to shoot her in the heat of the moment.

Being sorry after the fact means nothing in my book. And, I am not even sure he is sorry he killed her, but I am sure he is sorry he is in trouble. I think most of those courtroom tears were for himself.

I hope he gets the full 15 years but I will not be surprised if he gets nothing.

If I was that judge I would be thinking about one thing......what are the chances that someone else is going to die someday because Oscar loses his temper?.....and I would be giving him 15 years in prison to learn how to control it.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:45 PM

894 posts, read 1,049,854 times
I absolutely believe he shot her intentionally. When you live with someone and hear a noise in the middle of the night, you don't all of a sudden jump out of bed and start firing bullets. I think Pistorious will get minimal jail time if any. Poor Reva.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:00 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFigureMeOut View Post
I absolutely believe he shot her intentionally. When you live with someone and hear a noise in the middle of the night, you don't all of a sudden jump out of bed and start firing bullets. I think Pistorious will get minimal jail time if any. Poor Reva.
I agree. No only that but when you get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, nobody LOCKS the door. Many don't even bother shutting it (I don't). She was clearly trying to get away from him because she knew how violent his temper could be.

The judge and the press are enamored with Oscar and his crying game. He'll get off easy. RIP Reva.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:01 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I agree. No only that but when you get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, nobody LOCKS the door. Many don't even bother shutting it (I don't). She was clearly trying to get away from him because she knew how violent his temper could be.

The judge and the press are enamored with Oscar and his crying game. He'll get off easy. RIP Reva.
And his celebrity. If he had been an ordinary citizen, he would have been found guilty and sent to prison months ago. Some celebrities seem to think they deserve special treatment & can do pretty much what they want with out consequence. Unfortunately, in some cases they are right.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:33 PM

43,618 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Final arguments at Oscar Pistorius sentencing - ESPN

Old 10-17-2014, 09:17 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post

My sentiments exactly. She probably told him she was leaving him and that it was over, then he killed her, then made it appear like it was accidental. He should spend the rest of his life behind bars, or executed, for what he did. Damn shame.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:37 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
My sentiments exactly. She probably told him she was leaving him and that it was over, then he killed her, then made it appear like it was accidental. He should spend the rest of his life behind bars, or executed, for what he did. Damn shame.
And if Oscar approached the bathroom door and actually believed an intruder was inside, wouldn't he have yelled at the door something like "Who's in the bathroom? Come out now or I'll shoot ... I have a gun!"

And wouldn't Reeva have replied back from inside the bathroom?

I find it completely impossible for me to believe Oscar's version of the story.

And it's amazing that Oscar wasn't found guilty of 1st degree murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime