U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:17 PM

3,813 posts, read 3,669,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Its tasteless. Just admit it.

There is a huge range of respectful reactions you could exude instead of that.

Just because things are common doesn't mean you should play without care.

And if people are so desensitized why do they need to make funny comments to cope?
Nope. Its not tasteless. Maybe to YOU it is; however, to others it is not. Not everyone reacts the sameway as you. Not everyone has to do something the way you do.

We are different. You, me, it, him, et al. That is life and a fact. I don't and, I can gurantee you, would NEVER react to things the way you do. You would fall down in a fetal position in most things I deal with. You would cry, throw up, sweat, and not be able to walk out of your home. I don't do that.

The world out there is difficult and hard. Live with it, deal with it, and embrace it. You will be a better person for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 05:37 AM

15,900 posts, read 15,126,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
How cruel that he -- or someone -- shot her on Valentine's Day. Probably the symbolism was intentional.
Later that day, Steenkamp was scheduled to speak to a Johannesburg school about abusive relationships. Pistorius had allegations of domestic violence brought against him in the past.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:17 AM

5,144 posts, read 10,891,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Nope. Its not tasteless. Maybe to YOU it is; however, to others it is not. Not everyone reacts the sameway as you. Not everyone has to do something the way you do.

We are different. You, me, it, him, et al. That is life and a fact. I don't and, I can gurantee you, would NEVER react to things the way you do. You would fall down in a fetal position in most things I deal with. You would cry, throw up, sweat, and not be able to walk out of your home. I don't do that.

The world out there is difficult and hard. Live with it, deal with it, and embrace it. You will be a better person for it.

You talk about embracing things and not doing things the same way...
Embrace I see it as tasteless. Live with it, deal with it, and embrace it. You will be a better person for it.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:49 AM

12,302 posts, read 11,369,351 times
Post your citation on the domestic violence.

He wept so uncontrollably that the judge issued a brief recess to allow him to regain his composure. This is not a man without regret and sadness. He is not a cold blooded man but a flesh and blood person who may have made a terrible error. (From the pleading). The bathroom window was not barred and workmen who were installing them had left ladders. (NY Times) He was afraid, half awake thought that his GF was in the bed.

He made a chilling and god-awful mistake; one which he will live with.

Sounds like the prosecutor has a reason to go after him.

"Wept so uncontrollably that court had to be stopped...."

Old 02-19-2013, 08:33 AM

652 posts, read 606,372 times
Default Blade runner says he shot through door because he though it was a burgerler.

I had to pick myself up off the floor after reading this one. So this guy's girl friend locks her self in the bathroom and he thinks its a B&E and shoots through the door several times? WTF kind of drugs was he on? That must be some powerful enhancers he is taking. LMAO Well we will see if the SA jurors are as dumb as the Florida idiots who let Casey Anthony go. Man when I saw that come down I knew America was gone. How stupid do you have to be, my kid has been taken, now wait she died on a trampoline so we took her body wrapped it in plastic and tossed it in the ditch. Because we love her so much. LMFAO Florida jurors must be the dumbest in the nation. Well besides California.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:38 AM

9,137 posts, read 6,777,398 times
It's the "Peek-A Boo" defense...Once she closed and locked the door behind her, he could no longer see who was inside the bathroom...allegedly.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:39 AM

5,144 posts, read 10,891,920 times
Luka Magnotta cried also after he made his kill.

Tears are not always what they appear to be in situations like this. Regret after the fact or a depression does settle in to the killer.

I just want to know what is the buzz about the bloody cricket bat and her crushed skull...

Old 02-19-2013, 08:40 AM

35,507 posts, read 32,363,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
I had to pick myself up off the floor after reading this one. So this guy's girl friend locks her self in the bathroom and he thinks its a B&E and shoots through the door several times? WTF kind of drugs was he on? That must be some powerful enhancers he is taking. LMAO Well we will see if the SA jurors are as dumb as the Florida idiots who let Casey Anthony go. Man when I saw that come down I knew America was gone. How stupid do you have to be, my kid has been taken, now wait she died on a trampoline so we took her body wrapped it in plastic and tossed it in the ditch. Because we love her so much. LMFAO Florida jurors must be the dumbest in the nation. Well besides California.
IMO it's too easy to get out of jury duty. The juror pool usually looks like the audience on Jerry Springer.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:34 AM

10,357 posts, read 8,013,458 times
One of the running professionals that knew him said that he didn't think professional athletes should own guns at all. He thinks they are prone to impulsive and explosive behavior. I tend to agree with him.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:41 AM

824 posts, read 1,471,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
One of the running professionals that knew him said that he didn't think professional athletes should own guns at all. He thinks they are prone to impulsive and explosive behavior. I tend to agree with him.

Interesting. When I see those guys jogging along the beach , they look very healthy,but a bit stressed, a bit agressive, especially those who hit the gym hard. I wonder if extreme work-out produces brain changes? For example abnormal production of adrenaline, or some stuff like that.

Except for some exeptions (Ussain Bolt, Kassious Clay, André Agassi, Maradona, Pelé, etc) most athletes always stroke me as very shallow people, with zero social skills or talents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or