Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 12:46 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
That does sound like the sound of a paranoid schizo right winger speaking. I'm not a psychologist, so I have no suggestions as to cure.
Typical response from a liberal. You offer no substance, no solutions. You just dodge the issue and start with the personal attacks.
How about an educated response from you to show that you have some grasp of our 2nd amendment rights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 12:48 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,558,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Typical response from a liberal. You offer no substance, no solutions. You just dodge the issue and start with the personal attacks.
How about an educated response from you to show that you have some grasp of our 2nd amendment rights?
Wow, you want the 2nd amendment to extend to South Africa now? That's cray-cray!

Old 02-17-2013, 12:58 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Wow, you want the 2nd amendment to extend to South Africa now? That's cray-cray!
If you would have read my post, you would have known that I was speaking about gun rights in the U.S.
Here is that post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
I have a right to protect my family if someone were to break into my home. For that purpose I have a Glock at my disposal or an aluminum bat. Either way, the intruder will meet the same fate.

You, on the other hand, would rather be at the mercy of the intruder. That's your choice. It's called freedom. Don't infringe on mine.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:36 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,730,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You know... what i find interesting... this story has made the world news because of the celebrity of the people involved. It is very likely that a story like this occurs at least once every single day in the U.S. Even in crime ridden South Africa there is restraint in the doling out of lethal fire-power to the security crazed fear mongers that want them. In America, not so much. Every day 100 people die by a gun and only 50 of them are the low life scum that none of us C-D types would be likely to know. The other 50 are people you might work with or might be known to someone that you know. Only 2 of the dead were in the process of committing a violent crime and were killed by someone legitimately defending their own life... ... ...

H

Edit: in trying to find out what, if anything, happened to the guy who shot his fiancee, I find enough similar stories to be seriously worried for women that share homes with gun owning husbands and boyfriends. At least when women shoot their men, they don't claim it was an accident.
Thank you for posting this. You're absolutely correct. Before a man becomes a gun criminal, he's just a gun-owning male. I'm also glad you posted this because practically all gun shootings, accidents, crimes, etc., are caused and committed by gun-owning males. Gun-owning males attempt to deflect from that by saying that their wife has a gun, that their girlfriend has a gun, their female neighbor has a gun, and that women are very, very interested in buying guns, yet the statistics continue to reflect that gun-owning males are responsible for almost 100% of gun accidents and gun crimes.

As to living with a male that keeps a gun in the home, I marvel at the females that allow that. Why would a woman even be with a male that likes guns or owns guns? Why would a female coexist in a home where there's a gun, unless she's incredibly infantile, afraid, or needy of having a male at any costs.

I opted long ago to never date males that owned guns. It has never even been a question. I place gun-owning males, gun-needing males, into the same category as males with an extremely low I.Q.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:56 AM

43,631 posts, read 44,355,249 times
'Roid Rage? Steroids reportedly found in Bladerunner's home after galpal gunned down | Fox News

Old 02-18-2013, 03:01 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,754,732 times
How cruel that he -- or someone -- shot her on Valentine's Day. Probably the symbolism was intentional.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:38 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,910 times
Oscar Pistorius: Blade Runner's 'murder' of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp turned into controversial CARTOON as police reveal he may have been taking steroids | Mail Online

New info in the link. Along with crime scene speculation of the events.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:03 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Me too....comments like "she was hot" are just .
Normal. Its actually normal for people to make comments such as this. Yes, a woman was murdered, however do you know her? is she your friend or relative? People are brutally murdered all day, everyday, all across the world. So what, I am supposed to fall down on the ground in a fetal position and cry?

Everyone deals with these issues differently and saying she is hot (which is damn true, I was going to say: I'd hit it) is one way of dealing with it. Its also not wrong. Humor has a way of making people feel better.

Is it sad she is dead? Yes (I won't get my chance). However, tonight the sun will set, tomorrow it will rise. The tides are going to come in and out. The world is going to continue to rotate (I hope).

The unfortunate fact of life is: Death is common place. And with modern media we know all about it and people have become desensitized to it.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:13 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Normal. Its actually normal for people to make comments such as this. Yes, a woman was murdered, however do you know her? is she your friend or relative? People are brutally murdered all day, everyday, all across the world. So what, I am supposed to fall down on the ground in a fetal position and cry?

Everyone deals with these issues differently and saying she is hot (which is damn true, I was going to say: I'd hit it) is one way of dealing with it. Its also not wrong. Humor has a way of making people feel better.

Is it sad she is dead? Yes (I won't get my chance). However, tonight the sun will set, tomorrow it will rise. The tides are going to come in and out. The world is going to continue to rotate (I hope).

The unfortunate fact of life is: Death is common place. And with modern media we know all about it and people have become desensitized to it.

Its tasteless. Just admit it.

There is a huge range of respectful reactions you could exude instead of that.

Just because things are common doesn't mean you should play without care.

And if people are so desensitized why do they need to make funny comments to cope?

Old 02-18-2013, 08:17 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Its tasteless. Just admit it.

There is a huge range of respectful reactions you could exude instead of that.

Just because things are common doesn't mean you should play without care.

And if people are so desensitized why do they need to make funny comments to cope?
Nope. Its not tasteless. Maybe to YOU it is; however, to others it is not. Not everyone reacts the sameway as you. Not everyone has to do something the way you do.

We are different. You, me, it, him, et al. That is life and a fact. I don't and, I can gurantee you, would NEVER react to things the way you do. You would fall down in a fetal position in most things I deal with. You would cry, throw up, sweat, and not be able to walk out of your home. I don't do that.

The world out there is difficult and hard. Live with it, deal with it, and embrace it. You will be a better person for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime