Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 11:00 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
One of the running professionals that knew him said that he didn't think professional athletes should own guns at all. He thinks they are prone to impulsive and explosive behavior. I tend to agree with him.
Well naturally higher testosterone is common because of the life even without drugs. That does make you more aggressive and impulsive. He also had a head injury which does the same. Layer possible steroid use on top of that...

Guilty or not...he is dead. That is what is the worst part of it all. Girl is dead and his life as he knew it is over, prison sentence or not. Guilty or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 11:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
IMO it's too easy to get out of jury duty. The juror pool usually looks like the audience on Jerry Springer.
I don't even want to go there: I could report on a jury situation I was on about 6 years ago, but it would take way to long. It was federal court so of course, the money paid for jury duty was a little different than municiple courts. I was discusted and appalled at what happened. Short and sweet, we had one juror that would not bend on her vote, admitting she hated cops, so she beleived the defendent and also indicated she was hoping we could be deadlocked a couple more days: can you say $$ signs? Long story short, it ended up a hung jury, 11 to 1 and the case was re-tried. Think of the cost to the tax payers because of one perosn.??

Old 02-19-2013, 11:26 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
There is no jury in South Africa. South Africa has a jury-free system.

I saw reports on his testimony at today's bail hearing. It was full of holes. Like at one point he said he tried to kick the bathroom door down, but at another he said he tried to use the cricket bat to do so. He said he screamed out her name at one point, so why wouldn't she have answered so that he would have known she was in the bathroom. Why didn't he notice that she wasn't in the bed, after he got up to close a window, and noticed the bathroom was occupied? Why was the bathroom door locked? Wouldn't most people with an over-night guest assume that the person in the bathroom was your guest? Why would you think it was an intruder?

Old 02-19-2013, 12:24 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
I don't get that either.

An ex had a gun for home protection and once when people were outside on the property the first thing he did was slide his hand over my mouth and shook me awake a bit before even getting out of bed.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:11 PM

26,726 posts, read 26,798,919 times
There's an existing thread on this crime: http://www.city-data.com/forum/true-...ed-murder.html

Old 02-19-2013, 01:20 PM

26,726 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Post your citation on the domestic violence.
-In 2009 he spent a night in jail after allegedly assaulting a 19 year old woman.
-Neighbors said that police had been called to investigate incidents of a "domestic nature" at his house in the past.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/14/oscar-pistorius-murder-girlfriends-shooting

-An article in January, 2012 in the New York Times magazine described him talking about how he pulled a pistol to search his home when his alarm went off the night before an interview.
At Pistorius’s suggestion, he and the journalist went to a nearby target range where they fired at targets with a 9mm pistol. At one point Pistorius told the writer: “If you practised, I think you could be pretty deadly.” Asked how often he went target shooting, Pistorius replied: “Just sometimes when I can’t sleep.” -United Kingdom Press

Old 02-19-2013, 01:20 PM

519 posts, read 1,023,497 times
First, he was not an "Olympic Hero". People who play games well are not heroes. The misplaced worship we have for athletes is part of the reason that the news over the past few weeks has been dominated by athletes revealing themselves to be humans.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:04 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Me too....comments like "she was hot" are just .
If you think this is bad, steer clear of the Jodi Arias thread here.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:12 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
I knew he was a bad egg, you could see it in his eyes and high, smooth forehead

Old 02-19-2013, 03:21 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,579,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerner View Post
First, he was not an "Olympic Hero". People who play games well are not heroes. The misplaced worship we have for athletes is part of the reason that the news over the past few weeks has been dominated by athletes revealing themselves to be humans.
That's one of my pet peeves. The over-use and mis-use of the word "hero" has really weakened the term. So few "real" heroes these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime