U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-19-2013, 11:59 PM
 
Location: Dublin, CA
3,813 posts, read 3,655,959 times
Reputation: 3967

Advertisements

This is one of those cases where everyone (Of course now, people will say, "Not me," jumped to the conclusion Gary Condit killed her. I withheld judgement and, I normally do in these cases, just because of this one and many more I've personally seen. Think "Runaway Bride") KNEW who the killer was.

In fact, the negative press killed his political career and, I say, unfairly so. Now, the killer, who has been convicted by the way, has an argument. It shall be interesting to see what occurs in this appeal. Morever, what is issue which needs a court order to protect? Who is being protected and/or what? This case is now very interesting me and I am going to have to go back and dig myself.

Attorneys: Was Chandra Levy case 'predicated on a lie?'

"The documents were sealed and recent hearings in the case have been closed under a sweeping protective order issued in December by Superior Court Judge Gerald Fisher because of what the judge described in the documents as "very substantial safety threats'' related to the case."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-20-2013, 06:34 AM
 
7,106 posts, read 9,341,059 times
Reputation: 8147
Gary Condit's career was wrecked by all the revelations of how he was using government funds to put women like Chandra Levy up in apartments, buying them flowers and plane tickets and la de da, so he could cheat on his wife in privacy. Almost all his energy was going into sleeping with assorted women and almost none of it went into helping run the country. When Guandique said he was paid by Condit to kill Chandra L., hey, that was bound to raise suspicion all over again, but as I recall they pretty much disproved that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2013, 11:22 AM
 
77 posts, read 69,926 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Gary Condit's career was wrecked by all the revelations of how he was using government funds to put women like Chandra Levy up in apartments, buying them flowers and plane tickets and la de da, so he could cheat on his wife in privacy. Almost all his energy was going into sleeping with assorted women and almost none of it went into helping run the country. When Guandique said he was paid by Condit to kill Chandra L., hey, that was bound to raise suspicion all over again, but as I recall they pretty much disproved that...
It didn't help that when Levy disappeared, Condit prioritized political damage-control over being forthcoming with investigators. As it turned out, she was already dead and so his behavior ultimately didn't matter in that respect. But he didn't know that at the time. He decided that his political fortunes were more important than possibly helping law enforcement find Chandra Levy.

Here's a pretty good way to avoid getting bad press for having extramarital sex with an intern -- don't have extramarital sex with an intern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2013, 11:38 AM
 
51,883 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Reputation: 32366
What they said.

Many a politician has survived scandal....had he been forthcoming he might have survived that one....but basically what happened was that ALL his dirty laundry came spilling out and his lies about it at the beginning doomed him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 PM
 
Location: Dublin, CA
3,813 posts, read 3,655,959 times
Reputation: 3967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What they said.

Many a politician has survived scandal....had he been forthcoming he might have survived that one....but basically what happened was that ALL his dirty laundry came spilling out and his lies about it at the beginning doomed him.
So, the fact he is innocent means nothing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2013, 06:36 AM
 
Location: Ostend,Belgium....
8,820 posts, read 6,361,885 times
Reputation: 4885
not really, he's stuck with a label, he went about it all wrong and showed he was nothing but a selfish, stupid guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2013, 10:08 AM
 
7,106 posts, read 9,341,059 times
Reputation: 8147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestak View Post
It didn't help that when Levy disappeared, Condit prioritized political damage-control over being forthcoming with investigators. As it turned out, she was already dead and so his behavior ultimately didn't matter in that respect. But he didn't know that at the time. He decided that his political fortunes were more important than possibly helping law enforcement find Chandra Levy.

Here's a pretty good way to avoid getting bad press for having extramarital sex with an intern -- don't have extramarital sex with an intern.

If only our degreed, professional elected officials could come up with that thought BEFORE it was too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top