U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 07:27 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,138,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
From the autopsy report, she was apparently 5'6". You wonder how it is that she was able to remove her clothing but could not swim to the top of the tank.
Because the water was being used and therefore the water level in the tank was dropping while she was inside. So, even at the top of the water, she would've been unable to reach the hatch.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:02 PM

21,320 posts, read 21,890,925 times
some reports said the tanks were blue, but they clearly are gray! this proves that the woman was abducted and the police are covering this up because ...because the police are posessed and in on it!!! and so is the elevator.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:12 AM

15,781 posts, read 15,012,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
...this proves that the woman was abducted and the police are covering this up because ...because the police are posessed and in on it!!! and so is the elevator.
There's more than one thread about this case on the Unexplained Mysteries/Paranormal subforum....a whole different explanation for what happened to Lam.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:15 AM

Another case of a young woman whose body was found in a water tank in a Mexico City apartment building. Apparently she'd been planning to move just before her disappearance.
Mexico City horror: Body of aspiring actress found in drinking water tank | Fox News Latino

Old 11-07-2015, 02:56 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,171,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Because the water was being used and therefore the water level in the tank was dropping while she was inside. So, even at the top of the water, she would've been unable to reach the hatch.
I haven't researched this case ( like I should because I didn't know about it but i have seen a few threads on Elisa Lam posted on CD, so now it's caught my attention, --ahem ..) but it sounds like the last maintenance person to work on the tank, left the alarm off, the door half open and the hatch unlocked and she found a way to hide ( entering the tank from the top) and climbed into this tank. Her clothes were found with sand like pieces from the roof so she stripped and ( most likely) danced on the roof and then took her clothes with her into this tank. She was 5'6" so there was no way out and she chilled easily. ( I get this from the sweater she had in the elevator) This is LA we are talking about.

There was no trauma to her body. Nothing. I feel for her parents. I wonder if this was her first time in LA? The autopsy did find a few traces of her bi-polar medication but nothing consistent with taking it on a daily basis..

Sad..

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 11-07-2015 at 03:06 PM..

Old 11-07-2015, 08:05 PM

21,320 posts, read 21,890,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I haven't researched this case ( like I should because I didn't know about it but i have seen a few threads on Elisa Lam posted on CD, so now it's caught my attention, --ahem ..) but it sounds like the last maintenance person to work on the tank, left the alarm off, the door half open and the hatch unlocked and she found a way to hide ( entering the tank from the top) and climbed into this tank. Her clothes were found with sand like pieces from the roof so she stripped and ( most likely) danced on the roof and then took her clothes with her into this tank. She was 5'6" so there was no way out and she chilled easily. ( I get this from the sweater she had in the elevator) This is LA we are talking about.

There was no trauma to her body. Nothing. I feel for her parents. I wonder if this was her first time in LA? The autopsy did find a few traces of her bi-polar medication but nothing consistent with taking it on a daily basis..

Sad..
you mean like the jitterbug?

Old 11-07-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
you mean like the jitterbug?
Not really.. but sorta'. Although I've never been to the "Cecil" hotel, I'd say it's safe to say "American Horror Story"- rocks. I watched some of it.

Elisa Lam's blog is really kind of dark. I've read some of it.. "No clothes" in her initial finding may be associated with feeling empty, although the thought of her not taking any medication is even worse. Jessica Lange was perfect for the role for Amercian Horror Story, BTW. ( I loved it when she smoked.. evil woman. lol)

Quote-
Instead I am left to wander the streets of downtown looking at frivolous things like clothing but being broke I cannot buy anything and I feel so empty. What is the purpose of owning a nicely curated closet if there is no place to wear it to? What is the purpose of reading countless articles if there is no one to discuss it with?

Ether Fields

Old 11-07-2015, 10:05 PM

Oh, and speaking of smoking.. ( above) I think the alarm didn't go off because that is where everyone took their smoke breaks. ( employees)

Elisa didn't take her psychotic medication that day.. so I would think being on the roof would be enough to do her in- mentally. Holly hell, it must have been for her.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Elisa didn't take her psychotic medication that day.. so I would think being on the roof would be enough to do her in- mentally. Holly hell, it must have been for her.
On the autopsy report it stated that in her system was found: bupropion (brand name Wellbutrin - an antidepressant), quetiapine (an antipsychotic), and lamotrigne (delays mood episodes in bipolar disorder), but not present was her prescribed medication venlafaxine, (an SSRI - another antidepressant).

Old 11-08-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
On the autopsy report it stated that in her system was found: bupropion (brand name Wellbutrin - an antidepressant), quetiapine (an antipsychotic), and lamotrigne (delays mood episodes in bipolar disorder), but not present was her prescribed medication venlafaxine, (an SSRI - another antidepressant).
well, looking at the autopsy results for meds-

All three prescriptions were filled 1/11/2013

She had 10 more of one and four more of the other so, no she wasn't taking two of the meds consistently. The other one had been taken, ten times ( prescribed two a day and she had taken these for five days) correctly. Five days was approximately how long she was at the Cecil or a close "four" days.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 11-08-2015 at 10:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or