U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 06:36 PM

15,774 posts, read 15,008,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
I want to add that there is a dire shortage of psychiatrists in this country. I don't know if there is ANY quick way of getting someone "quickly" into a psychiatrist's office.
But wasn't she from Canada? I thought socialized medicine eases the availability of doctor appointments. And even if she were properly diagnosed, many people suffering from mental disorders similar to Lam's don't take their medication because of the adverse side effects.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:07 PM

23 posts, read 27,613 times
Default What are your thoughts on the Alyssa Lam case?

The circumstances surrounding her death sure are strange. I personally feel there is a cover-up. I really don't understand how we can expect to believe she got to the roof and just decided to take all her clothes off jump in and drown? I don't by the accidental drowning excuse. The way she was behaving in the elevator tape seems as if she's scared of someone and trying to get away, also strange how she presses all the buttons but the elevator doesn't work. It also leaves one of the biggest questions: If she did open the tank and jump in, who closed it?

Old 01-15-2016, 04:38 PM

2,267 posts, read 4,522,147 times
That is one of the most bizarre cases I've ever seen. Something very weird is going on in that hotel. It's like there is some demonic force there. Did you know they loosely based the new season of American Horror Story on it? There is no way that was a suicide.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:53 PM

23 posts, read 27,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
That is one of the most bizarre cases I've ever seen. Something very weird is going on in that hotel. It's like there is some demonic force there. Did you know they loosely based the new season of American Horror Story on it? There is no way that was a suicide.
The weird thing is there was a botched autopsy and had to do another one. Accidental drowning my ass!

They also found a scratch on her knee and some of the rocks from the roof in her clothes indicating she fell, or more likely pushed. I would bet she was raped, thrown in the tank and someone is being paid to keep it hush-hush.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:22 AM

15,774 posts, read 15,008,061 times
There's an existing thread on this topic.
Missing Woman's Body Found in Water Tank of Los Angeles Hotel

Old 01-16-2016, 09:53 PM

282 posts, read 170,658 times
I haven't looked up details about this case in a while, but if I recall she had a history of mental issues that had been carefully hidden for a long time.
I'm under the impression that it all bubbled over and she ended up in the position she did of her own accord. Supposedly there were no narcotics found in her system.

But two things that make me hesitate on that conclusion are that she would have had a hell of a time repositioning the lid to the water tank after she was in it. And also her phone disappeared. She sure as hell didn't have someone she was running from in the video, though. In fact no one else was there.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:14 PM

2,267 posts, read 4,522,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setchel View Post
She sure as hell didn't have someone she was running from in the video, though. In fact no one else was there.
No one LIVING

Old 01-24-2016, 07:34 AM

10,614 posts, read 13,146,734 times
Strange and scary case. Regardless of any rational explanation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or