U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2013, 10:17 AM

9 posts, read 9,792 times

Advertisements

If you watched Nancy Grace last night, she aired a portion of an interview between Arias and Det. Flores. He asks her if Travis had a gun in his house, and she answers, 'Not to my knowledge.'

If he actually did own a gun and she had seen it where she now claims (on the top shelf of his closet), there was only one reason for her to lie about it - it was missing from the scene. The ninja story had or was falling apart by then, so she couldn't blame them for taking it.

Jodi had one reason and only one for removing the gun from the crime scene - because it was registered to her grandfather. That means it was she who staged the burglary, took the gun to Arizona and carried out Plan B - premeditated murder.

Plan A was to have a sexual romp with Travis in hopes he would, upon the eve of his Cancun trip, change his mind about taking a chaste Mormon girl and invite Jodi instead. Had he done that, Travis would probably still be alive. She was giving him one last chance, and he failed.

She did not shoot him first and risk him dying an easier death and, in fact, mentions that in a police interview. 'I would have just shot him so his death would be more humane.' Therein lies the key to her guilty knowledge that Travis suffered before he died - and he did so by her design. I believe she enjoyed killing him.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 04:56 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,280,264 times
Very rarely do I watch Dr. Drew On Call; however, over the last several nights, he has had quite the program with interesting participants -- also included are snipets of the current day trial -- pretty amazing -- granted everyone is considered innocent before being found guilty [or not guilty] -- in my opinion, let there be no question that this was pre-meditated.

Further, and there has been a great deal of discussions about it - battered woman syndrome - domestic violence, etc. I cringe at the thought of this action/excuse being at the core of the defense; it markedly diminishes the affects and effects of what a battered woman does go through - it devalues the struggles battered women go through to get out - and more often than not, if a battered woman does need to truly defend herself, I trust that woman, after doing whatever she needed to do to protect herself, will be running outside, in the public, and crying for help. Not what this woman did instead.

I sincerely hope that the jury 'gets it' for what this is really all about....

Old 03-14-2013, 10:02 AM

6,708 posts, read 8,086,140 times
Would a battered woman come up with all those different versions of what happened? I think not.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:32 AM

4,371 posts, read 5,459,910 times
"Proof" never comes from Nancy Grace.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:53 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,525,640 times
^^^ If you read the entire post, the OP stated that they showed a clip from the actual interrogation where Jodi stated that Travis didn't own a gun to her knowledge. What does it matter if the OP saw the clip on the Nancy Grace show as opposed to somewhere else?

Old 04-06-2013, 12:06 PM

9 posts, read 9,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
"Proof" never comes from Nancy Grace.
The proof was not 'from' Nancy Grace; it was from an interrogation video.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:11 AM

319 posts, read 643,381 times
Hmm.. I've been in shock twice before. It was under different circumstances, but both times, I was functioning (probably like a drunk person), but I was completely unaware of what I was doing. The first time I was in complete shock and only ever recovered few very vague, dream-like memories from the situation. The second time, I was more in-and-out of shock. I remember more of the situation, but again, they are dream-like memories and I was completely not in control of my actions. I think that that's what happened to Jodi. I don't think it was pre-meditated. I think that maybe she began defending herself and went into shock. She messed up by lying, but I think that she should be found guilty of nothing more than second degree murder because I do not believe it was pre-meditated.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:19 PM

657 posts, read 762,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag08 View Post
Hmm.. I've been in shock twice before. It was under different circumstances, but both times, I was functioning (probably like a drunk person), but I was completely unaware of what I was doing. The first time I was in complete shock and only ever recovered few very vague, dream-like memories from the situation. The second time, I was more in-and-out of shock. I remember more of the situation, but again, they are dream-like memories and I was completely not in control of my actions. I think that that's what happened to Jodi. I don't think it was pre-meditated. I think that maybe she began defending herself and went into shock. She messed up by lying, but I think that she should be found guilty of nothing more than second degree murder because I do not believe it was pre-meditated.

I am so glad you are not on the jury.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:48 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,525,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag08 View Post
So you think it's all just coincidence that both a gun and a knife happened to be within reach in Travis's bedroom, the gun that shot him just happened to be the same caliber as the gun stolen from Jodi's grandparents less than two weeks earlier, she dyed her hair, removed her license plate and shut off her cellphone before she crossed into Arizona, used gas cans so she wouldn't have records of buying gas in AZ...

Old 04-14-2013, 06:49 PM

319 posts, read 643,381 times
These two had a volatile relationship. I don't think that that is in question. Maybe she decided to start carrying a gun for protection or even just to scare him. I own a gun. Am I plotting to murder someone right now? She explained that the knife was there because he would use it to cut off the ties after they would have s*x. Who would PLAN to use a knife to kill someone? If she had PLANNED the murder, she most logically would have planned to use the gun first.

Yes, she dyed her hair. But obviously, she was into her looks. Dying your hair isn't that unusual for women. And if it were a part of a plot to avoid capture, why wouldn't she have dyed it directly prior to the murder. Plenty of people saw her with her new hair color before the murder. Besides, it was her natural color. She had only dyed her hair blonde for Travis. Their relationship wasn't good. Maybe she dyed it back to her natural color to annoy him or because she figured the relationship wouldn't go on much longer anyways.

What does her shutting off her cell phone have to do with anything? I don't see how that would aid in her escape. Anyone that calls her wouldn't get an answer if she had it off, but she could have left it on and just not answered calls. I don't think that that proves anything. Same with the license plate. Removing it or having it altered would just draw attention to her. Most cops aren't going to see a car without a license plate and think 'oh, they don't have a plate so I guess I'll just ignore that car.' That would make it more likely for her to get captured.

As far as the gas cans, it may seem unusual to us, but who knows? Her ex testified that he used to tell her to keep gas in her car so she didn't get stranded, so maybe it was a habit of hers.

I'm not saying that the woman didn't do it, I'm just saying that there is a reasonable doubt that she had it pre-planned.

You guys should want a fair and impartial jury of peers, not jury members that only agree with your perspective!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime