U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 05:15 PM

960 posts, read 1,942,695 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if you're supposed to advertise like that, but your book sounds very interesting. I remember seeing his story on
48 Hours . It really creeped me out, I guess because Charlie seemed so NORMAL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 05:42 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,760,424 times
^^^ I saw that episode and thought the same thing. He really did look like the guy next door, not your typical maniac with crazy eyes.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:45 PM

3,139 posts, read 3,513,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Just read The Stranger Beside Me -excellent (how Ann Rule came to have serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer as co-worker...)
Ann Rule also wrote a book by about a wealthy guy who had his divorced wife killed in Florida- can't remember the title right now...
Ted Bundy, not Dahmer.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:49 PM

3,139 posts, read 3,513,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi and Curt Gentry
In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
The Onion Field by Joseph Wambaugh
Fatal Vision by Joe McGinniss

That was it for me ... I can't handle it. No more true crime for me. When I read "In Cold Blood" my husband was in the Army preparing to depart for Vietnam. During his training at Aberdeen Proving Grounds it was the second shift 4-midnight. I would sit in the parking lot on base with my book and a flash light reading ... I wouldn't stay at home alone. LOL

I can read Stephen King and his vampires (Salem's Lot) ... werewolf (Silver Bullet) and all kinds of creepy things but I just can't read True Crime.

I was in junior high when that book, then movie, came out. It literally scared me to death FOR YEARS afterward.

I still won't watch the movie today.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:36 AM

2,646 posts, read 4,072,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
Delivered from Evil and the Darkest Night are two of my favorites. These are by author Ron Francell. He is brilliant.

I Would Find a Girl Walking by Kathy Kelly is another incredible book. The author had extraordinary access to Gerald Stano, a prolific serial killer from the 1970's.

Thank you for starting this thread, Bernie20!
Thanks Believe09. I've read The Darkest Night and yes I agree it is excellent. I'd love to read your other recommendation. I'll have to look for it.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:48 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,356,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleasach View Post
My True Crime Fans Must Read List:

The Ultimate Evil
Wasted: The Preppy Murder
What Lisa Knew
The Yale Murder
Until the Twelfth of Never
The Stranger Beside Me
A Deadly Silence
And Never Let Her Go
Wow, some of those are brutal reading.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:52 PM

27,093 posts, read 5,928,749 times
BITTER BLOOD was fascinating...Jerry Bledsoe

Have read all of Ann Rule's books, all are very good, particularly AND NEVER LET HER GO. (Ms. Rule died recently)

Great list

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Sherri View Post
This is one great list. I think I read all of these but thank you, some I will read again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime