U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 03:46 PM

10,701 posts, read 11,105,431 times

Advertisements

Clements served in Missouri as well before Hick appointed him to his current job. When you are in the business of running prisons I suppose it's easy to make enemies. This is problematic because where will authorities even start to narrow a suspect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 03:14 PM

20,917 posts, read 39,218,156 times
Possible Texas link reported. Cadillac w/COLO plates in police chase, shots fired, crash, etc.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:25 PM

12,183 posts, read 21,040,297 times
KKTV is now saying it is "likely" the person who killed him.

This is from KKTV:

A source close to the Tom Clements case tells 11 News that this is likely the suspect in his murder. The vehicle he was driving does bear a resemblance to a vehicle of interest in the Clements case, which has been described as a black, boxy-shaped, older-model vehicle.

The link: Source: Suspect Arrested In Texas Likely Linked To Clements Murder

Old 03-21-2013, 05:19 PM

16,531 posts, read 20,991,509 times
This was the second story on NBC Nightly news. I'm familiar with this part of Texas well. Decatur is only 10 miles or so northwest of Ft. Worth. Looks to me that the suspect took 87/287 east out of Raton and traveled all night.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:38 PM

9,830 posts, read 19,589,616 times
Sounds like the suspect is technically dead and will get the plug pulled once fingerprints are done and organ donation is considered.

Looks like there is more to the story we haven't heard yet, especially with the Saudi connection.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:57 PM

Re the Saudi connection, I heard a radio report that someone didn't get paroled and the killer was seeking revenge for his pal or family member who didn't get paroled.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:12 AM

16,531 posts, read 20,991,509 times
Have been watching Fox31, the only Denver station we get on the western slope. The story is unfolding.

Evan Ebel, who murdered Clements, belonged to a white supremest group called 211s and has been in and out of prison since 2003. It appears the Dominoes jacket that was found in the car belonged to Nathan Leon, the Dominoes employee who was killed last Saturday. Leon obviously wore the jacket when Clements opened the door, figuring it was a Dominoes employee.

How he got the car I'm not sure, looks to me it was recently bought. How he got license plates? Stolen off another vehicle perhaps, I haven't heard anything in the report from 31, CNN, or FOX News regarding that end of this ordeal.

Haven't heard anything about a Saudi connection this morning, maybe more news will unfold later today.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Have been watching Fox31, the only Denver station we get on the western slope. The story is unfolding.

Evan Ebel, who murdered Clements, belonged to a white supremest group called 211s and has been in and out of prison since 2003. It appears the Dominoes jacket that was found in the car belonged to Nathan Leon, the Dominoes employee who was killed last Saturday. Leon obviously wore the jacket when Clements opened the door, figuring it was a Dominoes employee.

How he got the car I'm not sure, looks to me it was recently bought. How he got license plates? Stolen off another vehicle perhaps, I haven't heard anything in the report from 31, CNN, or FOX News regarding that end of this ordeal.

Haven't heard anything about a Saudi connection this morning, maybe more news will unfold later today.
Despite all the emphasis on the war on terror and Al Queda, my opinion has always been that the greatest threat to our nation is from within.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:07 AM

14,049 posts, read 20,387,446 times
Default Yes, the nutjobs are in action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Re the Saudi connection, I heard a radio report that someone didn't get paroled and the killer was seeking revenge for his pal or family member who didn't get paroled.
Cold-Blooded Monument Murder on Eve of Hickenlooper’s Anti-Gun Fame – Could This Be A Jihadist Moment Here in Colorado?

Cold-Blooded Monument Murder on the Eve of Hickenlooper's Anti-Gun Fame - A Jihadist Moment? | Michelle Morin

The crazy is strong with this one.

"3/21/13 10:00am update — Governor Hickenlooper is rumored to be “in hiding.” Justifiably, the State Capitol and Governor’s Mansion are under tightest security. But all the leader of our state can say is “I can hardly believe it,” and then he goes into hiding. And don’t forget he hides behind his taxpayer-funded, well-armed security while simultaneously with his pen, he makes Colorado tax-paying gun owners criminals for owning the weapons which would protect themselves and their families from this same at-large thug from whom Hick hides. In leftist-run Colorado, it’s good enough for the serfs to fund the king’s personal security, but those same serfs must not be allowed to protect themselves. This is outrageous. Cowardice and tyranny are not distant relatives."

Old 03-22-2013, 11:42 AM

924 posts, read 991,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Despite all the emphasis on the war on terror and Al Queda, my opinion has always been that the greatest threat to our nation is from within.
"...against all enemies, foreign and domestic..." always has a nice ring to it.

I've developed a hypothesis that ties all of the current zany theories together: Homaidan al-Turki has his request for transfer to Saudi Arabia denied and angrily plots his revenge. He approaches one of the white supremacist affiliated prison gangs and enters into a contract killing on Clement. The gang contacts one of their parolee members who sets things in motion that ultimately ends with:
-the killing a 27-year old pizza delivery man for his jacket as a disguise
-the assassination of Clements
-the death of the shooter in a shootout with police in Texas

So, what's a contract killing go for these days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or