U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 12:59 PM

9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times

Advertisements

Christopher Crist went into a dentist office to get a few painful teeth pulled. When he walked out, he had no teeth. The dentist pulled 32 teeth!!!

The 21-year-old Indiana man, who is autistic, said that his mom sent him to the dental clinic in Indianapolis to get three of his teeth removed. But instead of ending the procedure with three pulled teeth, the dentist kept going, Crist says.

"They pulled every last one of them," he said, "I am going to look like a freak now."

Another lady says she visited the office when one tooth was bothering her, yet the dentist pulled her entire bottom row of teeth out.

This is pitiful, the guy is so young to be without all of his teeth.

Autistic man left toothless after Indianapolis dentist pulls ALL his teeth instead of just three in bizarre dental mix-up* - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 02:21 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,759,214 times
I went to a clinic that wanted to do the same thing. They tried to tell me that if they removed teeth, the rest would shift, and it would be better to pull them all.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:18 AM

9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
I went to a clinic that wanted to do the same thing. They tried to tell me that if they removed teeth, the rest would shift, and it would be better to pull them all.
Did you walk out or allow them to remove all the teeth? I have a dentist, been with him over 20 years and he does anything to save a tooth. I have had 5 root canals with 5 crowns. But that's it for me ... I will never have another root canal. It's not painful just aggravating with that rubber dam they use.

Now this young man will have to have dentures and I bet the clinic won't furnish the dentures for free.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:30 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,759,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Did you walk out or allow them to remove all the teeth? I have a dentist, been with him over 20 years and he does anything to save a tooth. I have had 5 root canals with 5 crowns. But that's it for me ... I will never have another root canal. It's not painful just aggravating with that rubber dam they use.

Now this young man will have to have dentures and I bet the clinic won't furnish the dentures for free.
Oh, I walked out. However, I now have a fear of dentists. I'm afraid to trust them.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:26 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,810,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

Are you kidding? Forget dentures, that clinic should be forced to give him a brand new set of implants. Maybe after paying for the cost of that procedure out of their own pocket they won't be so quick to take liberties with peoples' teeth.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:26 AM

56,004 posts, read 54,508,374 times
I don't know, there's something that doesn't ring true about this story. The guy supposedly said he told them which three teeth to pull out and then they kept going--WHAT? Since when does the dentist listen to the patient to point out which teeth to pull? There would have had to be X-rays and a treatment plan--you just don't walk into a dentist's office and say, "Hey bro, pull out THESE three because I said so."

Old 04-15-2013, 11:40 AM

7,106 posts, read 9,341,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
Oh, I walked out. However, I now have a fear of dentists. I'm afraid to trust them.

When you meet a new dentist they should do an exam and that will tell you their attitude about unnecessary procedures. My great dentist retired and as soon as the chick who bought the practice looked at my teeth, she started finding all these problems where the previous dentist said there were none. I got a second opinion from a dentist who came highly recommended because he DOESN'T try to talk you into anything extra. He found nothing wrong anywhere. Guess who gets my business now!

You can ALWAYS say no to any dental procedure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or