Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 09:07 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
That does mean build a bomb.

Jihad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From your link in the quotes:

"The phone call does not indicate there was clear intelligence that the now-deceased 26-year-old was plotting an attack at the time, counterrorism experts said."

If they talked about jihad people need to know what it means. Its just another word people have twisted in the media that makes this all seem like the propaganda Hitler put out about the Jewish people in WW2. Terrorist groups use this word as an excuse for violence but by the phonecall...doesn't sound like it was the twisted way but rather the non-violent version as outlined in the wiki article.
Ha...like Hitler, when creating the title of his book, Mein Kampf(My Battle, or My Struggle), meant it in the non-violent way, I suppose. Sorry, I couldn't resist that. After knowing what happened, it seems (to me) more probable that they meant 'jihad' in the way most of us are familiar with.

These lads were stupid in some of the things that they did, not seeming to have an escape plan and even not too bright when it came to knowledge of cameras on the streets. What does require a degree of sophistication, though, is the remote detonation through the control which was part of a child's toy.

Because they were so naive in some of their actions, people believe it may be likely that they had guidance in the detonation method and even though the mom probably radicalized them, she was not the one to give them the technical information.

Many find it interesting that the dad seems so silent in all of this.

Last I heard they are not coming to the US and no one has yet buried the body.

The mosque they went to in Boston has produced/had association with several radical Muslims. They refused to bury the older brother. I think, according to Islam, this is illegal. You cannot refuse burial rites to a fellow Muslim. I think the mosque is, smartly, trying to distance themselves from this situation.

Last edited by goldengrain; 04-30-2013 at 09:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 09:09 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Hard to imagine what the man whose car was hijacked by the two suspects had to endure for that 90 minute ride. CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
He is a hero and he was able to open door, release seatbelt and run. This is probably off the topic. I have to wonder what I will do. Will I be able to run or will I be totally paralyzed by fear? Is there any lesson I can take to test that?

Old 04-30-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Interesting: . . .

What really is just terrible is that no matter who is responsible..life is so valueless to them.
What is the penalty proscribed in Islamic culture for those who leave the faith - or for those who sully the name of the prophet?

It may be that the culture puts these ideas in minds that are young and just forming.

This is why the idea of home schooling with no inquiry by the state is so disturbing to me, as who knows what strange ideas are implanted?

Old 04-30-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Hard to imagine what the man whose car was hijacked by the two suspects had to endure for that 90 minute ride. CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
The article that I read said it still was not clear whether he escaped or if they let him go. I think the younger brother was left in the car with a gun on the victim while the older was out. It would have been an easy matter to shoot him. He says he sneaked out of the car, but how could he outrun a bullet, and at such close range?

I don't think the younger one was as hardened as his brother.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
He is a hero and he was able to open door, release seatbelt and run. This is probably off the topic. I have to wonder what I will do. Will I be able to run or will I be totally paralyzed by fear? Is there any lesson I can take to test that?
Well, he did have time to think about running.

What I think was heroic is that he had the forethought to leave his cell phone IN the car, so cops could know where they were. Then, the victim ran to a store and kept yelling to the counter guy about his situation. The store guy thought he was crazy or high on drugs, and let him use the store phone - finally - because, who knows, he could have been afraid of him? When the cops came he felt better.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:22 PM

910 posts, read 2,293,363 times
I STILL don't have a good feeling about the whole thing, I happen to agree with Ron Paul, to me he did NOT go to far! Some of us had seen this coming for a while.

Ron Paul slams Boston police. Has he gone too far?

Old 04-30-2013, 04:36 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
The article that I read said it still was not clear whether he escaped or if they let him go. I think the younger brother was left in the car with a gun on the victim while the older was out. It would have been an easy matter to shoot him. He says he sneaked out of the car, but how could he outrun a bullet, and at such close range?
When I posted the link, I was looking for another video I'd seen of the attorney who represented the driver of the car (who used an American name, "Danny," although he was Chinese, and didn't want to be interviewed or to give his last name). The attorney seemed a little more factual about the hijacking than the person being interviewed in this video clip. Apparently when they were getting gas, "Danny" saw the younger Tsarnaev brother put his gun in the door pocket and that's when he ran from the car. Definitely a big risk on his part.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:14 AM

Now it appears as though the Saudis, months in advance, may have warned us ahead of time about the older brother. They mentioned an attack of a major US city. They considered him so dangerous that he was not allowed in their country to visit Mecca.

The letter was sent to Homeland Security who may not have passed it on to the president.

This is beginning to look like the 911 bombing in that we were warned multiple times but were not organized well enough to put the information together. You would think there would be a national bank of all suspicious people and every time a report or warning or something suspicious transpired it would update that person's record. It does not seem to be that hard. What the heck are we paying for if people just sit on information like this?

If there were more security at the Boston Marathon, as some are saying, then where did we think the threat was coming from? Are there so many suspicious characters in Boston that we cannot keep an eye on them on significant days?

Saudis warned United States about Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev in writing - NYPOST.com

Old 05-01-2013, 07:33 PM

910 posts, read 2,293,363 times
Quote:
What the heck are we paying for if people just sit on information like this?
VERY good question, but if anyone dares to imply there might be a "darker", more sinister reason behind it we are accused of "wearing tin foil hats" Hmmm, could it be that we don't have our heads in the sand AND have the ability to "connect the dots"? Food for thought! At least people who know the Bible prophecies won't be surprised by what may come next!

Old 05-01-2013, 09:05 PM

88,575 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Now it appears as though the Saudis, months in advance, may have warned us ahead of time about the older brother. They mentioned an attack of a major US city. They considered him so dangerous that he was not allowed in their country to visit Mecca.

The letter was sent to Homeland Security who may not have passed it on to the president.

This is beginning to look like the 911 bombing in that we were warned multiple times but were not organized well enough to put the information together. You would think there would be a national bank of all suspicious people and every time a report or warning or something suspicious transpired it would update that person's record. It does not seem to be that hard. What the heck are we paying for if people just sit on information like this?

If there were more security at the Boston Marathon, as some are saying, then where did we think the threat was coming from? Are there so many suspicious characters in Boston that we cannot keep an eye on them on significant days?

Saudis warned United States about Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev in writing - NYPOST.com
Is this being reported/verified by any other major news outlets? The NY Post is a pretty shaky source (although male friends tell me it has the best sports section!) and not known for being too particular about verifying facts before they print them. Or heavily slanting stories to make them seem other than what the facts are. I Googled but I mostly come up with The Mail and then online pubs I'm not familiar with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime