Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 01:41 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,472,970 times

Advertisements

Region in Focus: Bakken, North Dakota | Exodus Cry

So now the big money paid to mine oil shale in North Dakota is feeding gangs who grab Native American girls to sell them to the horny rednecks. MOD CUT.

Last edited by jasper12; 04-17-2013 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 08:54 PM

Well that managed to completely miss the point which was even GW knew the addiction was there. And look at what the addiction produces.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:59 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
Well one has only to look at crime rates when their was God old rush and other such events in past. That;s is like sayig California rise and their wether is the president that was i office then fault for the crime rising there.Or that the 70's crime was caused by welath sharig started in the mid 60's or urban decline by the civil rights acts in 60's.Many think that 65 was the biggest shift in decay of american society and many are liberal journalist.Blame it on the whatever turns you on hippies.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:09 PM

Hey! Read and comprehend before you respond. There's NOTHING anywhere in MY posts that says GW caused the prostitution. His name was dropped as a guy from TEXAS who said the addiction exists. And now children are trucked to Bakken to act as sex slaves to the mining crews. Doesn't matter in the least that GW said it, he never did more than a lot of people did earlier. The people who are at fault are: a)the criminals who abduct the child-whores; b) the miners who pay to screw them; and c) the people who waste so much fossil fuel that Bakken is necessary. I know this all will bounce off people who can't comprehend anything this complicated, but any response based on "GW was at fault" is a clear fail.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:12 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,344,416 times
Topic of thread: Native American women are used in sex trade in the Bakken. This criminal activity is NOT about George Bush.

Off topic political agendas will be moderated.

This topic does have merit, the Bakken oil boom has created a lot of crime, sadly, a criminal element has come to many small towns, where folks used to feel safe.

Here is a link to an article about a local woman in the area who was killed

Sidney teacher confirmed dead; 2 men in custody

Old 04-18-2013, 01:28 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,961,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Well one has only to look at crime rates when their was God old rush and other such events in past. That;s is like sayig California rise and their wether is the president that was i office then fault for the crime rising there.Or that the 70's crime was caused by welath sharig started in the mid 60's or urban decline by the civil rights acts in 60's.Many think that 65 was the biggest shift in decay of american society and many are liberal journalist.Blame it on the whatever turns you on hippies.
That was my first thoughts too ... the gold rush days ... addiction to the gold and so many men and so few women. Prostitutes were brought in during that time period too. I am sure pimps owned some of the women. Prostitutes followed the railroad building as it made it's way across the US. Some were probably independent operators and others were owned by someone and made to work.

But I think the post is more about sex slaves ... in addition to children being used by the men too.

If the people and law enforcement have a problem they should contact the Bureau of Indian Affairs or the FBI and request help. I mean raise a fuss ... not just a call ... go to DC, contact their representatives and raise heck until something is done.

I am one that always says legalize prostitution and tax it ... not the females that are being held against their will and made to put out ... nor do I agree with children being victims. This should be reported to a higher level if the local law enforcement can't handle it. Ask for and get outside help rather than allow children to be used.

What person in their right mind living there wouldn't pick up the phone, send letters, send emails and attempt to get somebody to do something to stop the sex slavery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime