U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 06:06 PM

15,790 posts, read 15,032,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris123678 View Post
Not according to the emails sent by AEG "We want to remind (Murray) that it is AEG, not MJ, who is paying his salary"
Link for that?
AEG testimony: Conrad Murray worked for Michael Jackson, not us - latimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 06:25 PM

1,434 posts, read 1,548,861 times

Tom Mesereau on Piers Morgan about Jacksons vs AEG trial 04-02-2013 sub ita - YouTube

AEG email: Murray works for us, not Jackson - Los Angeles Times

Old 10-09-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
From your link:
An email from a ranking AEG executive that was shown in court Wednesday could be among the most telling pieces of evidence in answering a central question in the Michael Jackson wrongful death suit: who employed Dr. Conrad Murray?
“Frank and I have discussed it already and have requested a face-to-face meeting with the doctor, hopefully Monday," AEG Live co-CEO Paul Gongaware wrote on June 14, 2009, 11 days before Murray administered a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol to the singer.

"We want to remind him that it is AEG, not MJ who is paying his salary. We want him to understand what is expected of him."
One of driving questions in the wrongful death case is whether it was concert promoter AEG or Jackson who hired and controlled Murray, who is now serving time for involuntary manslaughter,
Confronted with the email as he sat on the witness stand Wednesday, Gongaware said he didn't recall writing it.
“I don’t understand it because we weren’t paying his salary," Gongaware said.

“So why were you writing it?" asked Brian Panish, the Jackson family's attorney.
"I have no idea," Gongaware replied.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:14 PM

335 posts, read 414,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
From your link:
An email from a ranking AEG executive that was shown in court Wednesday could be among the most telling pieces of evidence in answering a central question in the Michael Jackson wrongful death suit: who employed Dr. Conrad Murray?
“Frank and I have discussed it already and have requested a face-to-face meeting with the doctor, hopefully Monday," AEG Live co-CEO Paul Gongaware wrote on June 14, 2009, 11 days before Murray administered a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol to the singer.

"We want to remind him that it is AEG, not MJ who is paying his salary. We want him to understand what is expected of him."
One of driving questions in the wrongful death case is whether it was concert promoter AEG or Jackson who hired and controlled Murray, who is now serving time for involuntary manslaughter,
Confronted with the email as he sat on the witness stand Wednesday, Gongaware said he didn't recall writing it.

“So why were you writing it?" asked Brian Panish, the Jackson family's attorney.
AEG was supposed to be paying him but they never did.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
From your link:

Read the bolded by me

Old 10-10-2013, 11:41 PM

Lawyer: Blame Michael Jackson for his death, not AEG Live - 12 News KBMT and K-JAC. News, Weather and Sports for SE Texas

"
"An AEG Live lawyer e-mailed an employment contract to Murray on the morning of June 24, 2009. Murray signed it and faxed it back to the company that day. But the signature line for AEG Live's CEO and Michael Jackson were never signed since Jackson died the next day.

Putnam will point to those blank signature lines as evidence that Murray was never hired by his client. There were negotiations with Murray, but he was never paid, the AEG Live lawyer argue"

Last edited by Gumshoe Lady; 10-10-2013 at 11:59 PM..

Old 10-10-2013, 11:53 PM

Michael Jackson death: Family's civil trial blames AEG - Los Angeles Times

"Murray worked for Jackson for two months but was never paid by AEG because the singer hadn't yet signed the contract, a point that Jorrie, the contract lawyer, noted several times in her testimony."

Old 10-11-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Read the bolded by me
I did; obviously it wasn't true.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
I did; obviously it wasn't true.
So are you saying that the emails sent by AEG weren't true?

Old 10-13-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
So are you saying that the emails sent by AEG weren't true?
Who knows? From your link, above: "(AEG Live co-CEO Paul) Gongaware testified that he was joking in the email."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or