U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 01:28 PM

13,612 posts, read 10,323,158 times

Advertisements

Someone once told me that the easiest way of getting out of jury duty was to say, " I'll make an excellent juror. I know guilty people as soon as I look at them."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 07:41 AM

72,088 posts, read 83,768,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There has been a lot written about CA but even after the trial the woman has lost it all. She lost her daughter, her family and she knows in her heart the real truth.

She must live with the truth and the death of her daughter for eternity. She will pay the price.

She knows who she is and what she has done.
I still think she should have been found guilty and will always be shocked at the verdict. Yes, you are right, she has to live with herself, but I am not sure she is the type that feels the guilt.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:06 AM

9,917 posts, read 9,314,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I still think she should have been found guilty and will always be shocked at the verdict. Yes, you are right, she has to live with herself, but I am not sure she is the type that feels the guilt.
I don't think I will ever get over the shock of the verdict. Then to see George and Cindy profit off of Caylee's death.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:36 AM

72,088 posts, read 83,768,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I don't think I will ever get over the shock of the verdict. Then to see George and Cindy profit off of Caylee's death.
That one and OJ. I do think we have the best judicial system in the world and I do believe in innocent til proven guilty, but there are always the times when I have to wonder, where was the jury's brains? I will be interested to see what happens in the Zimmerman case. I won't give my opinion right now, but I will be paying close attention. BTW, my opinion means nothing, but I still have one.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That one and OJ. I do think we have the best judicial system in the world and I do believe in innocent til proven guilty, but there are always the times when I have to wonder, where was the jury's brains? I will be interested to see what happens in the Zimmerman case. I won't give my opinion right now, but I will be paying close attention. BTW, my opinion means nothing, but I still have one.
The Arias trial has me burned out. HLN is already moving on down to Florida and getting ready for the Zimmerman trial. HLN will beat the Arias trial to death until June 10 when the Zimmerman trial starts. I'm not a fan of HLN, don't watch it, I prefer finding a local TV station that live streams the trial without commercials

It took me weeks to get over the Casey Anthony verdict. Now, I just want Arias gone, out of my sight. I wonder how a Florida jury will do with Zimmerman ... I hope they don't pick a jury from Pinellas County. They are not the brightest light bulbs around. The Zimmerman jury will be sequestered and if it drags out too long that is difficult for them.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:19 PM

21,539 posts, read 14,425,254 times
Casey Anthony will suffer for years. She has unusual features and exceptionally high notoriety.

There are very few places in the states where she could go and not be recognized. And, she has never been out of Florida to speak of her whole life. She knows nothing about the rest of the country, so she will be hounded from one end of Florida to the other for years and years.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 PM

Someone is keeping her up. I just think it might be Cindy compliments of Dr. Phil.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:43 PM

4,907 posts, read 6,127,450 times
I think some on the jury wanted to stick it to the "rednecks" over in the middle part of the state. That was an impression I got...not everyone on the jury but a couple. I hope someday the names of the jurors comes out and what happened to them.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:54 AM

2,681 posts, read 6,277,441 times
Cool Always been curious...

Who had the Xanax RX? A little too much of 'Zanny the Nanny' never seemed to be discussed. It always
made perfect sense to me.
Koale

Old 05-27-2013, 10:19 AM

420 posts, read 398,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Exactly!!! I said that all along ... you remember one of them was in a big hurry to make it to a cruise ship vacation.

There was no way they could go through 27 pages of jury instructions and even look at any evidence ... they wanted to go home.
Ha, I was a jury foreperson in a trial and we all thought the guy was guilty . . . except one person. Everyone was mad at me because I said we were going to go through everything and take as much time as we needed to either convince the holdout of the guy's guilt or he would feel he was justified in taking a stand for being not guilty. Talk about pressure! It's no fun having 10 people glaring at you and being livid. The one guy was grateful and we went back to square one. We made sure we answered every question, went through everything again, etc., etc., etc. Took a couple of days (and nobody, except the one man, was really speaking to me by then), however the one gentleman became convinced that he had missed some crucial evidence that had been presented and changed his vote to "guilty." We walked out with a unanimous verdict. Ugh! No fun at all, that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or