U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 11:27 AM

9,917 posts, read 9,320,451 times

Advertisements

After two years Judge Belvin Perry finally talks about the Casey Anthony not guilty verdict on the Today show. He had to read the verdict twice to himself due to his shock and disbelief. In addition he noticed the way Casey handled herself when the jury was present and how she changed when the jury was out of the courtroom.

I said all along Baez was slick but he played to the jury ... Good Morning ladies and gentlemen of the jury and Good Afternoon ladies and gentlemen ... in the beginning no response ... then we heard the jury reply with good morning ... Baez with his big smile ... I hope you had a good lunch ... he was very personable with the jury.

Of course in this trial I felt the judge catered to the jury too ... the dessert lady will be here today ... arranging outings for them ... but this jury was sequestered.

Casey Anthony judge felt 'shock, disbelief' at not-guilty verdict - TODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 04:50 PM

32,109 posts, read 36,749,027 times
There has been a lot written about CA but even after the trial the woman has lost it all. She lost her daughter, her family and she knows in her heart the real truth.

She must live with the truth and the death of her daughter for eternity. She will pay the price.

She knows who she is and what she has done.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:00 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,783,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There has been a lot written about CA but even after the trial the woman has lost it all. She lost her daughter, her family and she knows in her heart the real truth.

She must live with the truth and the death of her daughter for eternity. She will pay the price.

The other issue, is that everyone else KNOWS who she is, and what she has done. I suppose, for a sociopath, it is fairly meaningless, after all, she is a skilled liar, and user. Her life goes on...as usual. She has only feelings of remorse, in that she was caught.

Hopefully, she will never have another child. That would be the true crime in this whole mess. That she could potentially, do this again.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:32 PM

Judge Perry is going to be on Nancy Grace show tomorrow night. I wonder how the Pinellas 12 feel about the judge's comments. They screwed up big time. I was counting on life without parole, I didn't expect the death penalty anyway.

But after watching the judge at the Arias trial, she read the jury instructions prior to the closing arguments and Juan and Nurmi got to go over portions of the jury instructions to clarify what this or that meant. Judge Perry read 27 pages of instructions to the Anthony jury and sent them on their way!

Old 05-10-2013, 04:19 AM

13,900 posts, read 10,810,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
After two years Judge Belvin Perry finally talks about the Casey Anthony not guilty verdict on the Today show. He had to read the verdict twice to himself due to his shock and disbelief. In addition he noticed the way Casey handled herself when the jury was present and how she changed when the jury was out of the courtroom.

I said all along Baez was slick but he played to the jury ... Good Morning ladies and gentlemen of the jury and Good Afternoon ladies and gentlemen ... in the beginning no response ... then we heard the jury reply with good morning ... Baez with his big smile ... I hope you had a good lunch ... he was very personable with the jury.

Of course in this trial I felt the judge catered to the jury too ... the dessert lady will be here today ... arranging outings for them ... but this jury was sequestered.

Casey Anthony judge felt 'shock, disbelief' at not-guilty verdict - TODAY.com
You can dress it up however you want, but I still say it came down to those jurors just wanting to be done with it after being locked away in a hotel room for six weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

You say this as if she actually cares...

Old 05-10-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You can dress it up however you want, but I still say it came down to those jurors just wanting to be done with it after being locked away in a hotel room for six weeks.
Exactly!!! I said that all along ... you remember one of them was in a big hurry to make it to a cruise ship vacation.

There was no way they could go through 27 pages of jury instructions and even look at any evidence ... they wanted to go home.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Exactly!!! I said that all along ... you remember one of them was in a big hurry to make it to a cruise ship vacation.

There was no way they could go through 27 pages of jury instructions and even look at any evidence ... they wanted to go home.
I'm just sorry that an investigation wasn't conducted. I'm not quite as sharp on the facts as I was a year or so ago but I can recall one of the jurors admitting that they just gave in because they "knew they weren't going to convince anyone else" That is a loose case for what would be considered misconduct but it is misconduct all the same. I think we had better re-examine how we select jurors. At the very least they should have to pass some kind of basic knowledge test on how the judicial system is supposed to work, and being educated on what constitutes reasonable doubt. The Casey Anthony trial really showed just how little the average citizen seems to know about the judicial system and how it works what with people asking "if she could be re tried" or "if the prosecutor could file an appeal" It stands to reason that these same people are being selected to serve on juries. I suppose that's the way the lawyers like jurors though, uninformed, uneducated, and dumb.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
That's probly the one that gave in, I don't know, but yes I remember. Not only that but they were inundated with scientific information that the lay person would have difficulty understanding. Not oly were they inundated with it, but were so for what, 3 weeks straight? It's like when I'm reading a book that has lost my attention, I'm reading the words but they aren't registering.

All that scientific evidence was un needed in my opinion, and should have been kept to a minimum. I think that was the second biggest factor that lost the jury for the prosecution, the first being sequestered for 6 weeks.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:58 PM

Also, has Belvin Perry retired or something? If he is still on the bench I'm a little surprised he is speaking out.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Also, has Belvin Perry retired or something? If he is still on the bench I'm a little surprised he is speaking out.

Nope, I checked that out, a sitting Chief Judge on TV talking about a case ... he's not violating a judicial code of conduct, maybe just unprofessional but he did it. I thought perhaps he was maybe thinking about not running for reelection and going to try to get a Judge TV show.

He was critical of the jury, critical of the verdict, critical of Baez and critical of Casey Anthony. Yet he was the presiding judge on this case.

Yes ... I recall the one juror that was holding out and after lunch he caved and said just do what you want to do. He regrets it supposedly but that's hindsight now. They still haven't released the names of the Pinellas 12. I still think the jury foreman was pushing them for a not guilty. They could have pulled out all my nose hairs and I would have hung in there with a guilty verdict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or