U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 09:23 PM

200 posts, read 479,438 times

Advertisements

Such a disturbing story. These poor girls.

I see in the news that Michelle Knight didn't want to see her mother. I understand if there are family issues and she wants her privacy. I just really hope she is with good people now and not out there alone and depressed.

Thoughts and prayers are with the victims.

Last edited by Infinite loop; 05-10-2013 at 09:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 11:45 AM

313 posts, read 351,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemisa View Post
YES!
Amanda Berry 911 Call Under Review Following Criticism Of Dispatcher
Authorities in Cleveland have issued a statement in response to criticism of the 911 dispatcher who answered kidnapping victim Amanda Berry's panicked phone call earlier this week.
Hallelujah! Thank goodness! I'm so glad to know the 911 operator is being scrutinized.

Did this woman get no training? Sheesh. She kept telling poor Amanda to tell the police her story when they got there. Really!? The victim is scared out of her wits with good reason, even told the 911 woman her background, and still no sympathy, no reassurance (cops on the way, stay on the line w/ me, etc.), no support whatsoever.

She seemed bored, and I could almost hear her thinking "yeah yeah, whatever. You're boring me. Gotta go". I understand 911 operators hear a lot of things, but come on! Where's her humanity?

I personally think she should be fired, but at least some more training is a start.

So this Castro guy - why was he not in jail prior to this for abusing his ex-wife. On Greta last night they were saying he threw his wife down the basement stairs, not once but twice. All sorts of red flags w/ this guy..

I'm not buying that the brothers are totally innocent or that the other members of the family had no clue. As one of you said, definitely doesn't seem like a model family..

Old 05-11-2013, 11:57 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,637,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite loop View Post

I see in the news that Michelle Knight didn't want to see her mother. I understand if there are family issues and she wants her privacy. I just really hope she is with good people now and not out there alone and depressed.

I dont trust news beause of the mis haps over Boston Bombing by media but there lot more to this than we know why she responding the way she is. Main reason she is ashame, another she probably heard how the police stop searching for her.
Main thing is she was one two more years longer abducted and she proably had the most physical abuse and rapes .
they also stated she needs facial reconstruction due to her face was beaten, I would doubt the last but see how that and 10 years of what she deal with would want her to resist every one.

Then there is how these girls going to pick up a normal life in being normal functioning citizens.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:04 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,751,871 times
Years ago, I worked with some Korean women, who were sex slaves for years. Horrible conditions. They came to the USA as refugees, they got jobs, went to college, I think that moving forward, and living a normal life was therapeutic, and part of their rehabilitation, getting disability, and staying home is not a solution
That actually creates more problems.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:08 PM

9,916 posts, read 9,312,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite loop View Post

Michelle Knight might not want anyone to see her. Apparently the slime ball beat her bad in the face and needs some type of reconstructive/plastic surgery.

What a horrible nightmare these three were living in with all the beatings and rapes.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:57 PM

4,133 posts, read 13,325,431 times
Heard that Michelle Knight's mother kicked her out when she was only 14. Apparently her brother (who she has seen) didn't even know til very recently she was kidnapped, he said his mother never mentioned it (?!). She had a very tough childhood and as of now, wants no part of her mother (who has hired a lawyer but I don't know any details). They all need therapy and support and hopefully will have happy futures.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:17 PM

5,642 posts, read 17,324,107 times
Glad these girls were found alive.
There was a girl who disappeared in our town, years ago. She had been kidnapped by a group of serial killers who had kidnapped, kept them captive for a while, tortured, and murdered 18 women in total thoughout the metro area. I still have nightmares about that.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:51 PM

8,820 posts, read 6,369,817 times
they sure need help (for years to come probably)and I think building a positive future is the best thing, like Jasper said..sitting home is not the answer..they need a goal in life, something to look towards.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:50 PM

3,504 posts, read 7,952,310 times
Wow - they say victims get better in stages - I can just image the pent up anger these girls will have -

Old 05-11-2013, 08:49 PM

17,435 posts, read 21,272,660 times
I'll be looking forward to the true crime book(s) that will emerge from this. And will each write a book or done jointly? And who knows what their memories will produce! If the pain was too great, their memories may be shut down already! No matter, these will be money makers for the curiosity seekers, and perhaps Hollywood!

Can't imagine any true normalcy ever returning to these women's lives, even with therapy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime