U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2013, 09:10 PM

2,869 posts, read 2,828,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
They probably have a big police department. It's one of the reasons I will always live in a big city
LMAO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 09:20 PM

200 posts, read 479,104 times
We've gotten a lot of sad details, but the officer's description below is one heck of a happy ending. Just read it over and over again and feel the joy of the moment each time.
Quote:
We see this girl. She’s like raising her hand, holding a child. I’m looking at my partner – “Is it her?” He said, “I can’t tell.” We were pulling up closer and as soon as we pull up, my partner was driving, so she came up to the driver’s side. He looked up at me and he’s like, “It is her.” Just the emotion from that point that he confirmed it was Amanda was overwhelming.”

Espada went on to say as he approached the porch, the home itself was at first “quiet, like peaceful.”

Then he heard scuffling.

“I’m looking that way just waiting to see what’s going to happen and it was Michelle. She kinda popped out into to the doorway and paused there for a second. I mean, within moments she came charging at me. She jumped onto me…. She’s like, “You saved us! You saved us!” And I’m holding onto her so tight. And then within a few seconds I see another girl come out of the bedroom. I just look at her. I … you can immediately tell who it is….and I asked her, “What’s your name?” She said, “My name is Georgina DeJesus.” Very overwhelming. I mean it took everything to hold myself together. You know, I have Michelle in my arms…. And then you got Gina coming out. It was like one bombshell after another.”
Responding Officer: Rescue ‘One Bombshell After Another’ | FOX8.com

Old 05-15-2013, 07:29 AM

12,408 posts, read 16,471,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Thank you for posting this. I can't even read this stuff without my eyes blurring from the tears. Yes, it is said that Michelle is in need of facial reconstructive surgery and has lost hearing in one ear from what she suffered at the hands of the monster. I pray that the rest of her life is lived surrounded by caring, decent people and that she can heal. Be well, wounded angel.
They are dependent on charity? If ever there were a need for our tax dollars to be spent, it would be in cases such as this, no?

Old 05-15-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
If you believe that you can hire these people to sit there and answer these types of calls, eight hours a day, five days a week. Listening to peoples tragedies day after day and still expect them to have a lot of empathy for the callers, you will be disappointed every time. Because its not going to happen, ever.

Anyway, being sensitive is not their job. Their job is to answer the calls, find out what type of help the caller needs, and dispatch it as soon as possible. Then get on to the next call, so they can help the next person. If they do that, then they are not incompetent. Both of the operators in this case did that. Evident by how quickly help arrived.
Gee, if what you say is true, maybe they should all be fired and a computerized menu can substitute?

These operators are the face of the police department to the public. The police offer a service to the community. That face should be polite, helpful, concerned. Not cold, unfeeling, and imposed upon.

Part of that job, and the job of any public servant, is to foster good community relations.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
911 dispatchers are one of the highest turn over occupations in the US. People burn out on that job fast. If they don't do it, nobody will do it.
Maybe they should try making it a part time job, then. Four hour shifts. Maybe it would be a good job for some smart retired folks. I don't think that job need be at a particular physical location. Everything is done through computers, no? So each state could have a central place where they are all trained and work where there might be better training and a sense of professionalism. Maybe the entire system is antiquated.

Suicide hotline people probably have the same problem, and they are volunteers, yet people do it.

The thing is, some of those police emergency hotline people not only sound callous and uncaring, but actually ignorant.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:37 AM

541 posts, read 976,373 times
I saw where the defense attorneys were on televising stating "Ariel is not a monster." YES HE IS! He will probably plead not guilty to force the girls to testify against him.

It makes me wonder, all the mental games that went on in the home. Michelle, it seems was bottom rung, whereas Amanda was a favorite. I hope they can all see past it in the future. I wonder if Michelle & Gina hold any ill will toward Amanda? Or direct it where it belongs on Ariel?

I think the 911 operator was horrible!

Old 05-15-2013, 11:29 AM

CNN reporting, Michelle Knight, used as punching bag by Ariel Castro.

My heart goes out to Michelle. I hope from here on out her life will be different, meaning better! How much can one person go though. At least the other girls have loving family to go home too.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:21 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,698,893 times
Creepy. Poor Michelle, she was beaten so brutally she has vision, hearing problems, that guy is a monster.

And, I saw him on TV today..... Pleading, NOT GUILTY?????

I don't know the whole story here, but.... I am inclined to believe these women.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:34 PM

892 posts, read 1,596,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cislga View Post
CNN reporting, Michelle Knight, used as punching bag by Ariel Castro.

My heart goes out to Michelle. I hope from here on out her life will be different, meaning better! How much can one person go though. At least the other girls have loving family to go home too.
Just saw that is now Gina too. I hadn't really heard much of her details, now I wishI hadn't. So disgusting. They said the 2 had it bad and Berry didn't have it as bad(but am sure she did in her own way). They said Gina can't move her head around she can't turn it right cause Castro(monster) had them not only chained in basement but had dog collars coming from ceiling they literally cousldn't move. That Gina and Michelle were often in this position while Berry was mostly upstairs. They said is why we saw Berry's face not the others.

They also said he tormented them with food. Playing games as in giving one food so the others can watch the other one eat. I am just sick. I keep reading about this but now I don't know if I should. Is just so unfair why anyone can go through this.

The article went on and on how Berry didn't experience nearly as much torment as Michelle and Gina, but maybe had she did she wouldn't have had the strength to escape.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:48 PM

That one pic of Amanda in the hospital, her eyes haunt me! She's smiling, but if you look in her eyes, she has the look of someone who has been tortured and degraded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime