U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-15-2013, 05:19 PM
 
892 posts, read 1,600,255 times
Reputation: 557

Advertisements

The positive to all these out coming details of their torture is , they said the girls are being optimistic on their futures and they said all glad to be free and look forward to future.

However, they said they will experience lifelong effects both physically and mentally, well this is obvious. I read Michelle is planning to reunite with her son who is 13 but she wants to have her facial reconstructive surgery first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-15-2013, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,907,558 times
Reputation: 7732
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Gee, if what you say is true, maybe they should all be fired and a computerized menu can substitute?
Sounds good to me. I'd be happy if I could request emergency services online, and not even have to deal with 911 operators.

Commander defends 911 dispatchers

Any questions about Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus or Michelle Knight were held for the end of the meeting but the information was limited. Commander Sulzer did comment on what he basically called poor reporting by the national media. He criticized them for making up “lies” and presenting it as truth. He also took time to defend the dispatchers who have taken some heat for the way they handled the 911 calls.

"However you perceive that dispatcher, that dispatcher sent that out in 13 seconds. What people don't realize, as he is talking to you he's dispatching that [call]. Our guys got there in about a minute in a half. 5 minutes later we had the suspect in custody."


http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...en-found-alive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2013, 10:45 PM
 
Location: Lakeland, Florida
6,980 posts, read 12,519,934 times
Reputation: 8742
This Castro slop needs to be exterminated and slowly, so that his death is pure suffering that goes on for days. What he will probably get though is guilty by insanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2013, 06:03 AM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,793,229 times
Reputation: 26120
In reading about this monster, it creeps me out that he was a school bus driver. I wonder if he abused any children? He was finally terminated, thank goodness.

This is so scary, women being kept chained like a dog. How many others, missing, are really prisoners?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2013, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,907,558 times
Reputation: 7732
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
In reading about this monster, it creeps me out that he was a school bus driver. I wonder if he abused any children? He was finally terminated, thank goodness.
I don't think so. There is no evidence that he was into child molestation. It was just not his modus operandi. The reports are that he wrote in his diary that he was sorry that he had kidnaped Gina DeJesus, because she was too young.

Castro was into domestic battery of young adult females. When his ex. left him because it, he went out and kidnaped some victims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
This is so scary, women being kept chained like a dog. How many others, missing, are really prisoners?
Probably more then we hear about, because some of the victims probably don't survive. It's probably still a very small number. I believe that most missing persons, just disappear on their own free will. Most missing children, are actually child custody disputes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2013, 01:14 PM
 
200 posts, read 479,783 times
Reputation: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Good news is that it has raised $480,000 so far - from all 50 states, DC, and other countries from 5,100 donors.
Cleveland Courage Fund Raises $480,000 | FOX8.com

Great start. They deserve all the help they can get. I will donate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2013, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
56,435 posts, read 54,821,381 times
Reputation: 66985
I don't know if this is true because I got it from that bastion of informational sources--a person working at the nail salon--but she said that Michelle Knight, her brother, and her mother all seemed to be somewhat learning-disabled. She also said that Michelle's issues partly stemmed from the fact that an uncle abused her and her brother and the mother knew and did nothing. Don't know if any of this is true, and since I'm not a TV person I missed the beginnings of this story when it broke, but I wonder if that's some of the reason for the mother's behavior or seeming lack of interest in locating her daughter all these years. Would also explain Michelle's reluctance to reunite with her family.

Again, nail salon scuttlebutt--just wondering if anyone else knew something similar. (There was a big TV in the salon, and so I was hearing most of this for the first time, beyond the fact that three girls had been held captive and were rescued in Cleveland.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2013, 05:27 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,793,229 times
Reputation: 26120
That would not surprise me. I worked with learning disabled girls, women, and just felt they were so vulnerable to abuse. They just accept it, and don't think to report it. They live in the moment. And can't remember how to function, unless told what to do. Very vulnerable population. Many are considered too high functioning for disability, and their families are too messed up to advocate for them. They might find marginal employment doing CNA work... Usually end up in abusive relationships.

Would not be surprised if monster said she wanted to be with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2013, 05:54 PM
 
Location: East St. Paul 651 forever (or North St. Paul) .
2,869 posts, read 2,837,093 times
Reputation: 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite loop View Post
Good news is that it has raised $480,000 so far - from all 50 states, DC, and other countries from 5,100 donors.
Cleveland Courage Fund Raises $480,000 | FOX8.com

Great start. They deserve all the help they can get. I will donate.
It's a start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2013, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,907,558 times
Reputation: 7732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't know if this is true because I got it from that bastion of informational sources--a person working at the nail salon--but she said that Michelle Knight, her brother, and her mother all seemed to be somewhat learning-disabled. She also said that Michelle's issues partly stemmed from the fact that an uncle abused her and her brother and the mother knew and did nothing. Don't know if any of this is true, and since I'm not a TV person I missed the beginnings of this story when it broke, but I wonder if that's some of the reason for the mother's behavior or seeming lack of interest in locating her daughter all these years. Would also explain Michelle's reluctance to reunite with her family.
Thats pretty much what has been reported. Michelle Knight's family is dysfunctional. She is making a wise decision, not to retune to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top