U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 08:12 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,890,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Wasn't one of the victims only 14 when she was kidnapped? That makes him a child molester.
I believe that is straight out kidnapping and rape.

Also the definition of child molestation:

Child molestation is a crime involving a range of indecent or sexual activities between an adult and a child, usually under the age of 14.

Child Molestation legal definition of Child Molestation. Child Molestation synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 04:13 AM

579 posts, read 754,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laina1980 View Post
Ya I read a article that said he and the ex wife both accused Colon of molesting daughters. This is really irrelevant to the present however, is being used as his history of police records. Also he wanted daughters to live with him and this would put the date after the girls were kidnapped.

What still is unclear is the role his children played in his life. Sometimes I read they lived with him after the wife left, but then it seems they didn't.
The ex wife did not accuse Colon of molesting the daughters. She was adamant that her husband was innocent and being framed by Ariel. She testified that Ariel tried to bribe her to testify against Colon, and that he had bribed the daughters with gifts and promises of new cars if they testified.

As far as Ariel targeting children the article says a family member told a private investigator she was molested by him. "Molested" implies she was a child when it took place.

I don't understand how anyone could think what was done to Colon is irrelevant. Bringing false charges against someone, bribing witnesses, are all very serious crimes. Ariel should be investigated and tried for them on top of all his other charges (which will hopefully include murder for the babies Knight carried)-- Colon's life was ruined by these allegation, he is now on the sex offender's list. Colon probably has a civil case against the state as well. And if he did tell the FBI to investigate Castro it would bolster any civil case the kidnap victims might bring against the city (remember Dugard in CA was given a $20 million settlement from the state).

Old 06-09-2013, 07:34 PM

726 posts, read 1,011,593 times
This just air on IDTV, but they said nothing about the 2brothers. I what to know HOW they figure those two guys know nothing?

Are they deaf & dumb?

I mean really! What else could be the reason, and no matter, why aren't they saying? Help me out if I missed something!

Old 06-09-2013, 08:08 PM

21,483 posts, read 13,703,795 times
Default Cleveland Kidnapper Ariel Castro Charged For Killing Two Babies in Abortions

Cleveland Kidnapper Ariel Castro Charged For Killing Two Babies in Abortions | LifeNews.com

"Last month several national and Ohio pro-life groups joined together to sign and deliver a letter asking Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Timothy McGinty to file murder charges against Ariel Castro for killing five unborn children during the kidnapping of Michelle Knight, one of the three women he abducted. The signers of the letter believed that Castro should be charged for violating Ohio’s Fetal Homicide Law."

Old 06-10-2013, 06:14 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,746,980 times
The more I hear about this monster, the more I think this guy deserves the worst. Prison is really too cushy for this beast. He just needs to be chained to a wall, and fed to wild dogs.

Poor Michelle, I hope she finds something in her life... Her life was stolen. She must have been terribly abused to have forced miscarriages.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:09 AM

9,221 posts, read 9,289,216 times
The shame in this case is that from what I read this guy offered to kill himself. If he had been allowed to avail himself of that opportunity, he'd be gone and the state could skip the expense of a trial.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodmuse View Post
This just air on IDTV, but they said nothing about the 2brothers. I what to know HOW they figure those two guys know nothing?

Are they deaf & dumb?

I mean really! What else could be the reason, and no matter, why aren't they saying? Help me out if I missed something!
"No charges were brought against the two brothers of Mr. Castro, who were arrested with him: Onil Castro, 50, and Pedro Castro, 54. Ed Tomba, deputy chief of the Cleveland police, said investigators were convinced after interviewing the victims that the two brothers had no involvement or knowledge."

Cleveland Man Charged With Rape and Kidnapping

Old 06-12-2013, 09:58 AM

200 posts, read 479,402 times
Argh. He pleaded not guilty today. They said more charges could come later so maybe another chance for him to plead guilty.

The guy is a total sadist, going to trial would just be his way of making the victims suffer more. I'm hoping he dies before trial - from a beating, heart attack, kidney failure, suicide, whatever.

Last I saw the Cleveland Courage Fund was over $850,000.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:08 PM

From the news conference:

After the hearing, attorney Craig Weintraub, who also is representing Castro, said some of the charges against Castro "cannot be disputed," but that Castro needed to plead not guilty for the process to proceed.

Weintraub said the defense team is seeking a resolution that would eliminate the need for a trial. But that would likely require prosecutors to drop the aggravated murder charges and the possibility of a death sentence.

"We are very sensitive to the emotional strain and the impact that a trial would have on the women, their families and this community," he said.

Ariel Castro pleads not guilty to charges of kidnapping, rape and murder

Old 06-12-2013, 03:38 PM

200 posts, read 479,402 times
Hmm, that's good if he doesn't want a trial. The Fort Hood shooter wanted to plead guilty to the murder charges but the judge refused to allow it since he could get the death penalty (that'd have been terrible - not). Castro getting the death penalty for the forced miscarriages is a LONG shot and not worth the expense of a trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime