U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 03:32 PM

9,228 posts, read 18,946,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
What's worse than being kidnapped and held captive for over ten years?
Finally escaping, calling 911, and getting the worst 911 operator ever.

She's was like "yeah yeah, you already told me that" and kept trying to brush her off and get her off the phone. Whatever happened to "I'll stay on the phone with you until the police get there"? The operator alternated between utter indifference and asking inane questions "what was this man wearing?" Who the heck cares what he was wearing!!! She's giving you his name and his address where she was held for 10 years!
Oh, let me correct myself. The worst 911 operator since the 1994 Eddie Polec murder in Philadelphia. Or, perhaps this Cleveland 911 lady moved out there after losing her job in Philly????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 05:17 PM

37,130 posts, read 45,653,323 times
I am happy for them and their families, but I just do not get how it took so long for them to escape.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:43 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,759,647 times
What kind of screwed-up family could produce 3 brothers who were all in agreement to abduct these girls and hold them hostage for 10 years? How does one person even introduce that idea in conversation, let alone get the others to go along with it?

Old 05-07-2013, 06:27 PM

137 posts, read 128,184 times
Post Exclusive pictures inside the cleveland kidnap house:

EXCLUSIVE PICTURES INSIDE THE CLEVELAND KIDNAP HOUSE: Son of 'abductor' reveals how father padlocked doors to basement, attic and garage because 'we weren't allowed to go there'

Photos show Ariel Castro in front of padlocked doors to the basement
Son Anthony, 31, revealed how his father would beat him and once nearly beat his mother to death as she recovered from brain surgery
Expressed his shock at the kidnappings and said they had no idea women were hidden behind the doors they were forbidden from opening
But said his sister believes their father was capable of the crimes
Just three weeks ago, Castro asked his son whether he thought police would ever find one of the victims, Amanda Berry

Old 05-07-2013, 06:29 PM

Post Amanda Berry:

Amanda Berry: Three captive women chained up in grim dungeon for a decade gave birth to five babies

Old 05-07-2013, 06:31 PM

Unhappy Reports of sex abuse, beatings inside Cleveland house

Reports of sex abuse, beatings inside Cleveland house

Three women who had been held captive for 10 years were found Monday in a Cleveland neighborhood, barely a mile from where they had been abducted. Amanda Berry was able to escape and alert authorities, who arrested the suspected kidnappers and freed Michelle Knight and Georgina DeJesus.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:04 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,063,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Wonderful news that gives other parents with missing children hope. I have heard so many 911 calls where the operator needs to be working at the McDonald's drive-thru but your order will probably be wrong. I thought they were suppose to stay on the line with the caller until either the police or ambulance arrived. Some operators I have heard have attempted to calm the caller down as they wait for help. The police really screwed up in 2011.

They need to execute these three pieces of slime.
Agree!!!

Old 05-07-2013, 08:41 PM

8,287 posts, read 7,528,841 times
Some of the police should be sent to jail for their negligence:

""The case of the three women held captive for a decade in Cleveland reaches a new level of absurdity with a Tuesday night report detailing the many warning signs that police appear to have ignored. USA Today says that not one not two but at least three neighbors called the police between 2011 and 2012 to report suspicious activity at the house where Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight escaped their years-long imprisonment on Monday. We're not talking about the watering-the-flowers-at-midnight brand of suspicious activity. We're talking women-being-led-around-the-yard-on-dog-leashes suspicious. Some might just call that sick."
Police Apparently Missed Multiple Calls About Women on Dog Leashes in the Castros' Yard - Adam Clark Estes - The Atlantic Wire

Old 05-07-2013, 10:31 PM

8,820 posts, read 6,366,210 times
I am so glad they got out after all that time being locked in that house...911 operators need more training and especially for unexpected situations. That neighbor who helped Amanda get out of the house deserves a medal for not ignoring her pleas... Many people would not want to get involved. There are some really great people out there still. I hope the women can have a peaceful happy life after all this, catching up on all they missed out on. I do see a TV movie coming out and a book though!

Old 05-08-2013, 12:07 AM

Post This guy is a hero!

Charles Ramsey: I'm no hero in freeing of captive women

(CNN) -- Within hours of becoming a national hero, a viral video star and the top topic on Twitter, Charles Ramsey talked about having trouble getting sleep.

It wasn't because of all the excitement that followed his knocking down a Cleveland neighbor's door, freeing three women and a girl who police say were held hostage for years.

Video included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime