Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 10:15 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
10 years and you mean to tell me that they could never get out? These guys had to sleep sometime. I would do whatever it took to get out, even if it meant killing them.
What are you implying?
There were shackles in the place.
The woman were locked up with no tools or implements to break out windows with.
They evidently WERE trying to get out when neighbors heard someone banging on the front door and cries for help, but nobody responded.
The perp would sometimes pretend to leave and then if one tried to escape, she'd get severely beaten.
To abort the babies he would starve the girl a few days, probably so she would not throw up, then repeatedly kick her in the stomach. One had bones in her face broken and they just healed on their own in a somewhat disfigured way.
They had to be very careful when they tried to get help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
There were multiple off limits room and one missing girl. Maybe there were even more missing girls than just that one? Maybe those were the girls on leashes. They also could of totally blocked that out of their memory. Maybe they were not any of the imprisoned girls at all. Maybe they were prostitutes or girlfriends. Just some possibilities.
I agree. I don't think all those witnesses were lying - which means the police are.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
That is just common for a poor neighborhood. Everyone stays out of other people's business for personal safety and their privacy. If you were cooking meth next door you are not going to call the cops on the neighbor etc.

PS.

Just found this:
Charles Ramsey: Ohio kidnap hero was jailed three times for battering his wife | Mail Online

Cooking meth or beating your wife...so abuse sounds like what just happens and is ignored.
And, it seems to Anderson Cooper he said he kicked the door in, but in another story he says he could not kick the door in, so he explained to Amanda how to kick the bottom screen of the door out, which she did and she escaped. There was also a picture that I saw of the bottom screen door pushed out from the inside, it seemed.

So, maybe he is just full of hot air and the other guy rescued her? It may be so. If so, no wonder he would not accept award money.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:00 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
10 years and you mean to tell me that they could never get out? These guys had to sleep sometime. I would do whatever it took to get out, even if it meant killing them.
Fear and threats with repeated beatings, starvation, rapes and other brutality will break anyone's spirit and possibly Stockholm syndrome, passivity due to fear of worse treatment. It's not at all a simple, "run away." These POS know what to do/how to act to keep victims in their place.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:25 PM

137 posts, read 151,422 times
Post Accused Cleveland kidnapper ordered held on $8 million bond

Accused Cleveland kidnapper ordered held on $8 million bond

CLEVELAND (Reuters) - A former school bus driver accused of kidnapping three young women and raping them during a decade of captivity in his house was on Thursday ordered held on $8 million bond in a Cleveland court, his head bowed and his face turned away from spectators.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:18 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
Fear and threats with repeated beatings, starvation, rapes and other brutality will break anyone's spirit and possibly Stockholm syndrome, passivity due to fear of worse treatment. It's not at all a simple, "run away." These POS know what to do/how to act to keep victims in their place.
We can't blame these young women, or guess what they should have done. These women are VICTIMS.

No blame for victims here. They were emotionally, mentally, and physically and psychologically abused. I have no doubt the perpetrators carefully picked their victims. Girls, vulnerable to male intimidation.

These POS exploited these young girls. And remember, these victims were dependent on their abusers, for food, free from abuse, so, it is more complicated than why didn't they do anything....

Old 05-09-2013, 03:12 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
It appears the brothers knew more than is currently being reported. At a vigil for one of the missing girls, one of the brothers was quoted by a reporter saying that a neighborhood search "it's a waste of money". There's an audio clip of this.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
We can't blame these young women, or guess what they should have done. These women are VICTIMS.

No blame for victims here. They were emotionally, mentally, and physically and psychologically abused. I have no doubt the perpetrators carefully picked their victims. Girls, vulnerable to male intimidation.

These POS exploited these young girls. And remember, these victims were dependent on their abusers, for food, free from abuse, so, it is more complicated than why didn't they do anything....
Yes. I was listening to NPR (I think the BBC) and they mentioned some woman who had been abducted and it seems as though she has a love/hate thing going on with her abductor. I think they said she bought the house (his) that she had been captive in. He's in prison. They were talking about the Stockholm Syndrome and how the human mind tries to cope and make the best of whatever situation it is in, even to the extent of sympathizing with their captor.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:03 PM

137 posts, read 151,422 times
Post Cleveland 'kidnapper' Ariel Castro on suicide watch in prison as it emerges that prosecutors will seek the death penalty

Cleveland 'kidnapper' Ariel Castro on suicide watch in prison as it emerges that prosecutors will seek the death penalty if charges of murder are brought for the unborn babies of his victims

Ariel Castro pleaded not guilty to four counts of kidnapping and three counts of rape
Bail was set at $2million for each charge
Stared at the floor throughout hearing
Prosecutor said he made premeditated decision to abduct the girls
Brothers appear on unrelated charges
Police say there is no evidence they were connected to the crimes
Further charges may be brought against Castro in relation to unborn babies

Old 05-09-2013, 04:19 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Default http://www.lifenews.com/2013/05/09/cleveland-kidnapper-forced-victim-to-have-abortion-five-times/

Cleveland Kidnapper Forced Victim to Have Abortion Five Times | LifeNews.com

“If as reported Ariel Castro starved and then kicked a pregnant Michelle Knight resulting in her miscarrying five children Castro should be charged with aggravated and felonious assault against Knight and aggravated murder of her children. I trust the grand jury will be investigating all such possible charges,” Casey said.
Casey says Ohio adopted a state law in 2002 that includes unborn children under murder, manslaughter, and assault statutes in non-abortion cases where they are killed, such as in this case.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime