U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 04:51 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,645,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
This is a VERY complex case, if you know anything of the "back story." He won't get a jury trial, just in front of a juvenile judge and the maximum amount of time he can be sentences to The California Youth of Authority is until age 25 (he can, of course, be released prior to that).

I hate to say it, however, there are NO winners in this situation. EVERYONE loses. The parents, the police, the community, and the criminal justice system.
And a 12 year old should not be tried as an adult. They just are not there mentally.

Terrible tragedy for all involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 06:39 AM

5,144 posts, read 10,855,819 times
I am curious to see how this story develops too. They say they found fingerprints and what they think to be DNA? Either is there or its not? I don't understand that write up. I also think it is possible to have both at the scene whenever the person found them and lives there. My finger prints are all over my kitchen knives so if an intruder broke in or walked in and stabbed someone...I would be on trial? Its not like kids that young are good about locking doors and windows. I hope for the family that it was an intruder and they find him.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:15 AM

9,529 posts, read 9,414,676 times
Quote:
This is a VERY complex case, if you know anything of the "back story."
How do you know there is a "back story"?

Old 05-15-2013, 10:14 AM

541 posts, read 976,990 times
I'd love to hear "back story" when I first heard about case that little wiggle in my brain said the older brother did it. I just wonder why?? What makes a 12yo that violent? The parents left him alone with her, I can't imagine this being the first time to notice something off with their son. Why would they attend a LL baseball game w/o their children? It's not like their teenagers, doing their own thing?

Where is the biological mother? All I see is step-mother.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:18 AM

19,185 posts, read 15,027,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl05 View Post
I said the same two things (in a cynical way) the day they announced she was found dead by her 12-year-old brother. It may just be sibling rivalry that went too far we'll see.
"Sibling rivalry that went too far"? Seriously, if anyone out there has children that are getting closing to killing one another because of "sibling rivalry", please get help immediately!

Old 05-15-2013, 06:17 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,722,131 times
The issue is complex. I have seen severe bullying among siblings, and violence. Parents are often oblivious, or don't see it. Or don't want to acknowledge it is as bad as it is.

People would be surprised at how dysfunctional some families are....

Old 05-17-2013, 07:26 PM

94 posts, read 166,379 times
Quote:
They didn't. They knew the child was lying from the beginning. HOWEVER, you have to follow all of the leads. Had they just focused in on the 12 yr old, people would be throwing hissy fits saying the police weren't doing their jobs.

The parents of the 12 yr old still do not believe their son had anything to do with it.

For the others, in California its not possible, under the law, for persons 12 yrs and younger to commit crimes (there are certain exceptions to this). If you know anything about this case, other then just the news reports, you know the 12 yr old tampered with evidence, concealed evidence, and falsified evidence. These issues, besides his false story show he was actually thinking about the crime and did more then just a "heat of the passion" act. Hence the arrest.

I can gurantee you all the district attorney of that county took several days, and even weeks, reading and going over the evidence. Probably even consulting many other persons, before reaching the decision to have the 12 yr old arrested. The police DID NOT arrest this 12 yr old, without having the district attorney's "blessing" before doing so.

This is a VERY complex case, if you know anything of the "back story." He won't get a jury trial, just in front of a juvenile judge and the maximum amount of time he can be sentences to The California Youth of Authority is until age 25 (he can, of course, be released prior to that).

I hate to say it, however, there are NO winners in this situation. EVERYONE loses. The parents, the police, the community, and the criminal justice system.
Wish you would elaborate on the evidence tampering (other than he obviously cleaned/dumped the murder weapon and told a false story). The 12 year old and his sister were the only ones home--and they were biological siblings. Have you heard the 911 call his dad's GF made? No mention whatsoever that his sister was injured, let alone bleeding to death.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:36 AM

297 posts, read 442,523 times
Here's an article about the background of the family:

Fowler family's troubles detailed in court documents - Other Bee News - The Sacramento Bee

Old 05-18-2013, 09:07 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,722,131 times
Those kids seem to have had a messed up, dysfunctional family. Sad.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:37 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,703,723 times
Quote:
They didn't. They knew the child was lying from the beginning. HOWEVER, you have to follow all of the leads. Had they just focused in on the 12 yr old, people would be throwing hissy fits saying the police weren't doing their jobs.

The parents of the 12 yr old still do not believe their son had anything to do with it.

For the others, in California its not possible, under the law, for persons 12 yrs and younger to commit crimes (there are certain exceptions to this). If you know anything about this case, other then just the news reports, you know the 12 yr old tampered with evidence, concealed evidence, and falsified evidence. These issues, besides his false story show he was actually thinking about the crime and did more then just a "heat of the passion" act. Hence the arrest.

I can gurantee you all the district attorney of that county took several days, and even weeks, reading and going over the evidence. Probably even consulting many other persons, before reaching the decision to have the 12 yr old arrested. The police DID NOT arrest this 12 yr old, without having the district attorney's "blessing" before doing so.

Hopefully he murders more children once he gets out, then they'll really put him away for good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or