U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 01:58 PM

5,144 posts, read 10,849,551 times

Advertisements

Lee Rigby pictured: Face of innocent drummer, 25, 'butchered in Woolwich by Muslim fanatics' | Mail Online

How messed up. Destroyed a life and tainted a religion yet again. I thought it was really strange they did not harm the women that confronted them. At some point the non crazy muslims are going to start striking these people down I think. People have to be fed up with it in general and the extremist behavior making them a target in a land where all they wanted to do was live a more peaceful life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 02:25 PM

25,877 posts, read 39,142,774 times
That is a reason why we need to keep the DP. Crazy extremists like these guys are willing to go very far and have no remorse, on top of that they believe in dying for the cause and getting virgins as a bonus which makes them more dangerous than someone who believes in life on earth.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:30 AM

Dp?

Old 05-24-2013, 10:25 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,517,423 times
Death penalty, I think. I doubt it would deter fanatics like these.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:48 AM

Oh. I don't know about that either. They are not afraid to die. Life in prison would be worse. Total isolation from the outside world. I don't know why people are allowed to communicate with outside world at all when in lock up. It always just seems to cause problems when it is a situation that involves a group. (terrorists, gangs, cults)

Old 05-31-2013, 09:43 AM

35,443 posts, read 10,488,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That is a reason why we need to keep the DP. Crazy extremists like these guys are willing to go very far and have no remorse, on top of that they believe in dying for the cause and getting virgins as a bonus which makes them more dangerous than someone who believes in life on earth.
I agree. What we don't need are terrorists demanding release of jailed terrorists or else...and though they may be isolated from the outside world, they mingle with and indoctrinate other prisoners who may ultimately e released.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:24 AM

12,408 posts, read 16,473,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Lee Rigby pictured: Face of innocent drummer, 25, 'butchered in Woolwich by Muslim fanatics' | Mail Online

How messed up. Destroyed a life and tainted a religion yet again. I thought it was really strange they did not harm the women that confronted them. At some point the non crazy muslims are going to start striking these people down I think. People have to be fed up with it in general and the extremist behavior making them a target in a land where all they wanted to do was live a more peaceful life.
But I read that the majority of Muslims wanted to live under Sharia, rather than a democracy. Sharia, of it's nature, restricts individual liberty and has violent consequences.

To their credit, there is a sizable Muslim group in the UK that made all sorts of public comments against these radicals, but from what I have read France, too, is having lots of problems with their Muslim community.

It seems to be helpful that some European countries, before becoming citizens, have people swear an oath that they will support the laws of the land before those of their religion. I think that's a good start. Don't come here if you expect to impose your way of life on the rest of us.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:58 AM

14,253 posts, read 15,327,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
But I read that the majority of Muslims wanted to live under Sharia, rather than a democracy. Sharia, of it's nature, restricts individual liberty and has violent consequences.

To their credit, there is a sizable Muslim group in the UK that made all sorts of public comments against these radicals, but from what I have read France, too, is having lots of problems with their Muslim community.

It seems to be helpful that some European countries, before becoming citizens, have people swear an oath that they will support the laws of the land before those of their religion. I think that's a good start. Don't come here if you expect to impose your way of life on the rest of us.
Many of the muslim extremists in Europe are citizens by birth and/or descent. The problem tends not to be immigrants but rather home-grown religious extremists.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:27 PM

12,408 posts, read 16,473,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Many of the muslim extremists in Europe are citizens by birth and/or descent. The problem tends not to be immigrants but rather home-grown religious extremists.
Perhaps you speak of second and third generation citizens. I find it hard to believe that citizens by birth whose families have been in a European country for many generations are flocking to the religion and radicalization.

Some, perhaps, not 'many'.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:35 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,392,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Perhaps you speak of second and third generation citizens. I find it hard to believe that citizens by birth whose families have been in a European country for many generations are flocking to the religion and radicalization.

Some, perhaps, not 'many'.
Some is enough. Just look at the US and what fundamentalists are doing to our country. They are putting citizens against each other, judging them and dsapproving other groups like if they were gods themselves. Creating enemies and feelings that breed anger and violence. As long as you find people simple enough to blindly follow a leader or a book, you can make them do anything. Humans love order and instructions. Don't underestimate brainwashing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or