U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2013, 05:56 AM

270 posts, read 314,206 times

Advertisements

CarlK90245...any luck yet?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 08:04 AM

10,666 posts, read 21,336,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoyDC10AA View Post
Forgive me for asking this, but I just want a better understanding. Why are you doing this and not the families? I would think that if these woman had been missing someone in their family's would have reported it and would have stayed on top with the local authorities? IMO just curious about it.
Remember my friend Cathy at Find me? Her daughter has been missing since age 14 in 1989. The adoptive parents have done nothing to find her. They recently had a chance to speak up but were "too devastated" to do so.

Other families just don't know to keep up on it. Some happen to google their loved ones names & end up on the forum that we go to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoyDC10AA View Post
that makes sense. Good luck with your search I am hoping all the people you are looking for are alive and well or that maybe closure can happen for the family's not knowing what happend to there loved ones
Carl & a bunch of others are very giving of their time to help match loved ones. Thankfully there is now NamUs for Missing and NamUs unidentified. The more missing & unidentified that get added with DNA; the more matches will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
There are two unidentified Jane Does who I've been trying to identify, one who died in June 84 in Spokane, and one who died in December 1975 in Davie Florida (a suburb of Fort Lauderdale).

The headless body of the Spokane Jane Doe was found in 1984, and the skull was found in 1998. She was about 18 years old. However, the skull has very distinctive characteristics (i.e., a very long face and pointy protruding jaw with a noticeable underbite). Authorities also determined that the Jane Doe was probably blonde. I started looking in high school yearbooks for schools in Spokane, and Brandy Patterson bore an amazing resemblance to what I believe the Jane Doe looked like.

The 1975 Davie FL jane doe had very distinctive teeth. She had a very wide gap (about 1/4 inch wide) between her upper front teeth, and her left front tooth (i.e., #9) protrudes outward and to the left. Marjorie's high school portrait shows her teeth. Although the photo is not very clear, one can see that she has a gap just as wide, and a #9 tooth that skews outward just like the jane doe's does.
Links to Carl's posts.

WA - Spokane - WhtFem 296UFWA, 16-30, In Vacant Lot - Dismembered, June'84 - he made a reconstruction of JD.

FL - Davie, WhtFem 295UFFL, 15-30, In Canal-Puka Shell Necklace, Dec'75

Quote:
Incidentally, there are persons with the surname Galvib. So that actually might be Marjorie's true surname.

https://twitter.com/goldiegalvib
Meagan Galvib - Casco, MI | MyLife®
New Zealand Parliament - Jeremy Galvib
Would be nice to find a FB group for her class

Old 06-21-2013, 01:15 PM

10 posts, read 12,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta Jennings View Post
I still haven't tried to call Kristen yet. I am still trying to get ahold of a detective whom I know who has research capabilities not available to the public.

I will try to contact Kristen once I have exhausted that option.

===================

BTW: I have another person who I have struck out on trying to locate.

The photo below on the left was among hundreds of photos of women and children found in the storage locker of serial murderer Rodney Alcala (AKA "The Dating Game Killer" because he appeared on the Dating Game in the same time period that he was murdering women and children). A couple of years ago, the police in Huntington Beach California sent out a request to the public to contact them if they can identify any of the persons in his photo collection.

The photo on the right is a girl named Wendy Falk. I found her photo in the 1970 Washington Irving HS (in NYC) yearbook. From 1968 to 1971, Alcala was in NYC attending NYU Film School. The NYU campus is less than a mile from Washington Irving High School. So I am pretty certain that these two people are one-in-the-same.

However, I am unable to locate any record of a Wendy Falk who was born around 1952. I located two people - a "Wendy Woods Falk" who lives in Long Island, and a Wendy Falk who runs a daycare operation in Brooklyn. Neither of these people are the same Wendy Falk.

The detective friend of mine says that he thinks he has located info on her, but he is now refusing to give me any details. But he says he has been unable to contact her. For over a year, he has said that he will try to get ahold of her, but he is busy with other things.

Can anyone here find any record of a Wendy Falk, who was approximately 18 years old in 1970, and attended Washington Irving High School?

(Incidentally, Whoopie Goldberg (whose real name is "Caryn Johnson") was briefly a student at WIHS at the same time that Wendy attended, but Whoopie dropped out in her freshman year).

Old 06-21-2013, 04:46 PM

10,666 posts, read 21,336,483 times
Quote:
I still haven't tried to call Kristen yet. I am still trying to get ahold of a detective whom I know who has research capabilities not available to the public.

I will try to contact Kristen once I have exhausted that option.

===================

BTW: I have another person who I have struck out on trying to locate.

The photo below on the left was among hundreds of photos of women and children found in the storage locker of serial murderer Rodney Alcala (AKA "The Dating Game Killer" because he appeared on the Dating Game in the same time period that he was murdering women and children). A couple of years ago, the police in Huntington Beach California sent out a request to the public to contact them if they can identify any of the persons in his photo collection.
I'll be surprised if that's not her. I'd also look to see if her school has a FB group.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:25 PM

There is no facebook group for WIHS Class of 70. But I sent out about 60-70 facebook private messages to people whom I found in Facebook who were WIHS 69-71 alumni. I received a few responses, but nobody who responded remembered her.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:53 PM

5,127 posts, read 10,255,915 times
I think this thread would be more appropriate in the "True Crime" section of the forum, so I will move it there.

forum rules, please read them

Old 12-05-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
I am trying to find any information on two persons that would indicate that they were alive after a certain date.

The first is Brandy Patterson, who was born approximately 1964-1966, and was a senior at West Valley High School in Spokane WA - Class of 1983. I need to find any info that confirms that she was alive after June 1984. There is a Kirsten Patterson, who attended the same school, Class of 1985. Other than a common surname, and somewhat similar appearance, I have no indication that she is Brandy's sister (but she might be). I was able to locate current info on Kirsten, but not on Brandy. There is a Brandy Patterson who attended Joel Ferris HS (Class of 1990) in Spokane, and is now deceased. But this doesn't appear to be the same Brandy Patterson.

The second is Marjorie Galvib, who was born approximately 1956-1958, and attended Fort Lauderdale High School in Fort Lauderdale FL - Class of 1975. I need to find any info that confirms that she was alive after December 1975.

Also, if you are unable to find recent info on these persons, then DOB's on these two persons would be greatly appreciated if anyone can find them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta Jennings View Post
I was able to locate info on Brandy Patterson. She is still around.

I am still unresolved on Marjorie (Galvib or Galvin) and Wendy Falk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime