Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 10:17 AM

270 posts, read 380,284 times

Advertisements

I made the comment about the spelling because I have been searching for KRISTEN, lol. Kirsten was a lot easier. Have you spoken to her and asked about her sister?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 12:40 PM

149 posts, read 256,783 times
Forgive me for asking this, but I just want a better understanding. Why are you doing this and not the families? I would think that if these woman had been missing someone in their family's would have reported it and would have stayed on top with the local authorities? IMO just curious about it.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:58 PM

10 posts, read 15,177 times
Yeah, I saw that on Kirsten. I'm a little reluctant to contact her to ask her about Brandy. If it comes down to it though, I will.

I've contacted family members of persons on previous occasions to ask if their relative is missing. It is always an awkward situation (especially if I am wrong), so I would rather rule the person out using all other possible means before cold-calling someone to find out if their relative is dead or missing.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:10 PM

Kirsten G. Wilson is on Facebook. That's the same one I mentioned. Her daughter, Tammy Sammeli, is also on Facebook. You could always say you are looking for her because you went to high school there for a brief period.... She'd probably tell you then if she went missing. These are really hard searches if you don't actually call someone, but I understand it would be awkward.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:13 PM

Send her a message on FB?

Old 05-31-2013, 04:17 PM

I should add that just because someone isn't listed as a missing person, it doesn't mean that they aren't missing.

Back in the old days it was not unusual if a teenager was reported missing, and law enforcement decided the person was a runaway, the law enforcement agency would drop the person from the missing persons database after the person turned 18. Their reasoning was that the person was now an adult, and had the right to be missing. The procedures have been tightened up in recent years, but there are alot of people who have been missing for decades, and have completely fallen off the radar.

That is exactly what happened with Michelle Knight, who was one of the three women rescued in Cleveland earlier this month. She had been missing for a decade, but the police decided that since they couldn't get ahold of her mother to verify that she was still missing, they just decided that she was either no longer missing, or an adult who had the right to be missing. Consequently, they purged her missing person entry from NCIC.

It is also not unusual for persons to become estranged from their families, and are never reported missing.

Last edited by CarlK90245; 05-31-2013 at 04:34 PM..

Old 05-31-2013, 04:18 PM

I'll go ahead and try to contact Kristen.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:20 PM

149 posts, read 256,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
I should add that just because someone isn't listed as a missing person, it doesn't mean that they aren't missing.

Back in the old days it was not unusual if a teenager was reported missing, and law enforcement decided the person was a runaway, the law enforcement agency would drop the person from the missing persons database after the person turned 18. Their reasoning was that the person was now an adult, and had the right to be missing. The procedures have been tightened up in recent years, but there are alot of people who have been missing for decades, and have completely fallen off the radar.

That is exactly what happened with Michelle Knight, who was one of the three women rescued in Cleveland earlier this month. She had been missing for a decade, but the police decided that since they couldn't get ahold of her mother to verify that she was still missing. So they just decided that she was either no longer missing, or an adult who had the right to be missing, and purged her missing person entry from NCIC.

It is also not unusual for persons to become estranged from their families, and are never reported missing.
that makes sense. Good luck with your search I am hoping all the people you are looking for are alive and well or that maybe closure can happen for the family's not knowing what happend to there loved ones

Old 05-31-2013, 04:48 PM

Incidentally, there are persons with the surname Galvib. So that actually might be Marjorie's true surname.

https://twitter.com/goldiegalvib
Meagan Galvib - Casco, MI | MyLife®
New Zealand Parliament - Jeremy Galvib

Old 06-01-2013, 06:11 AM

I am amazed that you found a Galvib!!! I couldn't pull it up. I'll go look again! You are GOOD, CarlK90245!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime