Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2013, 09:35 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking witness tampering but seems like something more is in order.

Ohio Prosecutor Posing as Woman Fired for Allegedly Facebooking Witnesses - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 10:14 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,274,634 times
I doubt he will do any jail time. At best some sort of witness intimidation, depending upon what he said "could be" charged. However, that is highly doubtful. Even more of a stretch would be some sort of civil rights violations under the color of authority, which is a federal crime. Again, a very long shot and would very much depend upon the content of the messages.

He was fired, which is a major blow. I'm sure it is only a matter of time before his law license is revoked (at least in that state) and now he and the district attorney's office is going to face some pretty major civil lawsuits.

The worst part of this entire incident? If the suspect is guilty, he is probably going to walk because of this. Right now that office is having major discussions about whether to even proceed or just drop the charges. If it goes to trial, there is going to be so much mud slinging, so much "if he did this, what other evidence has he tainted to frame my client," going on, I doubt they will get a conviction.

So, because of some over zealous district attorney, a possible murderer is going to be out on the streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime