Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 09:17 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times

Advertisements

Our perception and the perception of the jury may be completely different. I realized that after the OJ trial, and more recently, the Casey Anthony trial.

It is easy to see this from many perspectives, I am not comfortable with people running around with guns, especially in a neighborhood with children.

That being said, Zimmerman has the right to defend himself, if he felt threatened.

I wonder if Zimmerman thinks about his choices he made that night. My Grandmother always said, 'everyone makes mistakes, try not to make ones that last a lifetime.''.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:24 AM

872 posts, read 2,029,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Our perception and the perception of the jury may be completely different. I realized that after the OJ trial, and more recently, the Casey Anthony trial.

It is easy to see this from many perspectives, I am not comfortable with people running around with guns, especially in a neighborhood with children.

That being said, Zimmerman has the right to defend himself, if he felt threatened.

I wonder if Zimmerman thinks about his choices he made that night. My Grandmother always said, 'everyone makes mistakes, try not to make ones that last a lifetime.''.
I dont think he made a mistake by shooting him to defend himself (who knows what more damage to his brain, sight, etc. could have been done if it lasted another 30 seconds or more). I think the mistake was where he aimed the gun. He should have tried to shoot him somewhere that wouldnt kill him. He did deserve to get shot, that is clear in my mind. I think Zimmerman had that right.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:30 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,390 times
Since Martin's body was found face down in the wet grass, it's fairly easy to see why they were wet and grassy. It's obvious that Zimmerman got the worst of everything in whatever fight ensued for whatever reason. Zimmerman obviously embellished his story, he's not a fool, and has studied criminal justice. I can picture him at home online, watching You Tube videos of good guy/bad guy videos (while carrying) LOL

At any rate, he's being provided with a first-class defense, and the trial is proceeding line by line, detail by detail. As it should. Next week is July 4th, so I'm not sure the trial will be complete in 2 weeks.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Since Martin's body was found face down in the wet grass, it's fairly easy to see why they were wet and grassy. It's obvious that Zimmerman got the worst of everything in whatever fight ensued for whatever reason. Zimmerman obviously embellished his story, he's not a fool, and has studied criminal justice. I can picture him at home online, watching You Tube videos of good guy/bad guy videos (while carrying) LOL

At any rate, he's being provided with a first-class defense, and the trial is proceeding line by line, detail by detail. As it should. Next week is July 4th, so I'm not sure the trial will be complete in 2 weeks.
Its funny that you say his criminal justice classes are helping him lie, while all of the liberal media outlets were reporting that he had D's in all of his classes and learned nothing.

Which one is it?

Old 06-29-2013, 09:36 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,193,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
You mean, the fact that he LEFT his vehicle, when asked not to by the police.
The police told him not to leave his vehicle? I thought it was the 911 dispatcher that told Zimmerman not to leave his vehicle. We are talking about two different entities- the police and a 911 dispatcher.

Correct me if I am wrong, but a 911 dispatcher can suggest what a 911 caller should do and should not do in a situation like George Zimmerman. If a police officer tells a person to stop, the person must stop or face the legal consequences of not stopping for the police.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTroy View Post
The police told him not to leave his vehicle? I thought it was the 911 dispatcher that told Zimmerman not to leave his vehicle. We are talking about two different entities- the police and a 911 dispatcher.

Correct me if I am wrong, but a 911 dispatcher can suggest what a 911 caller should do and should not do in a situation like George Zimmerman. If a police officer tells a person to stop, the person must stop or face the legal consequences of not stopping for the police.
Both of you guys are wrong. The dispatcher didn't tell him not to leave his vehicle, he said "we dont need you to do that" when Zimmerman said that he was following him.

But no, the dispatcher has no legal authority. Zimmerman didn't NEED to do that, but he had a right to.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:13 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I think you're off base here. These neighborhood watches are very clearly and repeatedly instructed to look and report. Not to become involved. That's what Zimmerman was told. He should not have left his car at all. He seems to have thought he was a cowboy, in the Wild West - in some movie. He should have just waited until the police showed up. It was HIS motions that ended up in a death, not Trayvon's.
Zimmerman had all the right in the world to walk around his own neighborhood. Especially if he was doing nothing wrong. He reported and cooperated with the police. What is wrong with people looking out for their neighbors?

We have no testimony so far that Zimmerman attacked Trayvon or Trayvon attacked Zimmerman. All we do know is that Zimmerman was on the bottom and was “probably” the one hollering for help.

Kick boxers and martial arts followers are not doing too good lately. Jodi Arias did not seem to have any problems handling Travis. It is possible that GZ did not see the attack coming or was not prepared to be attacked by Trayvon? We don't know at this stage in the trial. Perhaps later witnesses will clarify this issue?

Old 06-29-2013, 10:40 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlw2009 View Post
Both of you guys are wrong. The dispatcher didn't tell him not to leave his vehicle, he said "we dont need you to do that" when Zimmerman said that he was following him.

But no, the dispatcher has no legal authority. Zimmerman didn't NEED to do that, but he had a right to.

As community watch he was not to leave his vehicle and approach, he was told again we don't need you to do that.

There was no crime committed by Trayvon. Smart ass teen and wanttabe cop.

I hope he gets some good jail time..

Old 06-29-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
As community watch he was not to leave his vehicle and approach, he was told again we don't need you to do that.

There was no crime committed by Trayvon. Smart ass teen and wanttabe cop.

I hope he gets some good jail time..
Again, you're wrong and clearly haven't been paying attention.

Zimmerman was already walking when the dispatcher said "are you following him" and Zimmerman said "yes" and the dispatcher then said "okay, we dont need you to do that" and Zimmerman said "okay". But that isn't a direct legal order for a uniform police officer.

When the neighborhood watch rep from the police dept. was asked if it was okay for people to follow suspicious people to gain more info to give to the cops, she said it was okay as long as they didnt engage or try to arrest someone.

So, you're wrong and now you know the truth. Congrats, eat a cookie.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:34 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,409,152 times
Default I don't know...

Am I the only person who heard George tell the Police...'he's checking me out'...'now, he's running'...'now, he's approaching me'...???
Martin was so obviously the aggressor in this scenario. Who laid hands on who first? Pretty obviious as well.
There is going to be alot of civil unrest when this verdict comes down...
Koale
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime