Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 10:10 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,886,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
With the two cited cases of "trouble" in GZ's past - in both cases the charges were reduced (as far as I know).
Both of his parents worked in the judicial system. His father is a retired judge. I once posted an application to the police department on which GZ included that little fact. If memory serves me correctly, I believe it was back in 2008 when he wanted to join a Citizen's Police Academy. He's been obsessed with being a cop for many years. I can't imagine the amount of frustration that built up for all those years he kept feeling rejected, watching the real cops out on the street every night fighting crime while he could only ride around in his car looking for people who left their garage doors open.
Quote:
In this trial a lot has been left in about GZ's past. Nothing has been left in about Trayvons'
That's because the victim is not the person on trial.

Quote:
- of course he is dead and cannot defend himself. But, since we have no witness as to who threw the first punch; I would think that the past history of both involved should be scrutinized. We don't even have the toxicology report on Trayvon.
How far would it go? I mean, if we start examining the so-call "past" of a teenager who turned 17 the month he was killed, should we go back to when he was in 5th grade and passed a note or was caught chewing gum in class? I am not trying to be sarcastic, but the victim had no police record, so what else is there to present? That's opening up a very big door too. Should we hear from Zimmerman's ex girlfriend who charged him with domestic violence? What about former co-workers who said Zimmerman was unstable? I'm not sure what kind of past you want brought to the attention of the jury. This is dangerous territory. It's like allowing a defense attorney to talk about a woman's ex-lovers if she's raped. Victims of violent crime are not on trial.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:27 PM

72 posts, read 107,140 times
Interesting article..

Zimmerman Prosecutor Angela Corey Indicted for Allegedly Falsifying Arrest Warrant

Old 07-04-2013, 12:10 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,396,908 times
Default lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigslist.1 View Post
Baaa Zingggg...
K

Old 07-04-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
No. The name "Stand Your Ground" isn't even the name of a law; it's a nickname.
MOD CUT. All over the country the Castle Doctrines are referred to as SYG laws. Even the U.S. Army JAG who testified today about the class he taught on criminal justice, a class taken by GZ, used the term "Stand Your Ground." I've lived in Florida a long time and every news source uses it when referring to justifiable homicide cases.

Last edited by jasper12; 07-04-2013 at 05:28 AM.. Reason: Name calling

Old 07-04-2013, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigslist.1 View Post
Interesting article..

[url=http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/zimmerman-prosecutor-angela-corey-indicted-allegedly-falsifying-arrest-warrant]Zimmerman Prosecutor Angela Corey Indicted for Allegedly Falsifying Arrest Warrant[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
Baaa Zingggg...
K
Do you know what a "citizens grand jury is?" It has no legal authority.

I remember a similar article about President Obama being indicted for treason by a citizens grand jury.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:49 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,643,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I found it interesting that Zimmerman thought the entire situation had been caught on video and was relieved, that the video would validate his story..

I really did not find the Medical Examiner too credible.
That wasn't the Medical Examiner. That was a Medical Examiner who looked at pictures of George and nothing else.

The Medical Examiner hasn't testified. His/her name is Shiping Bao.

Valerie Rao, who testified, never examined George or Trayvon. Honestly, I have no clue why she was called as a witness. To confuse the jury, I suppose. She has a laundry list of complaints lodged against her, including washing her feet in the autopsy sink.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:06 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,643,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
he didn't touch the gun...he grabbed ahold of the holster...
K
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Which also had no DNA on it either. He also had no blood (from Zimmerman) on the sleeves of his sweatshirt, but he supposedly had been pressing his hands on his mouth, holding his nose so he couldn't breathe, telling him "You're gonna die tonight" and then magically the man who was a second away from losing consciousness was able to draw his gun and shoot him directly in the heart, killing him with one shot.

Sure.
I agree. It's sad that our country is still so divided.
Goodness.

Nobody has ever indicated that Trayvon's DNA would be on the gun (or holster).

George said he thought Trayvon saw his weapon and was reaching for it.

Trayvon neither "grabbed ahold of the holster" nor did he manage to get the gun.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:36 AM

214 posts, read 289,396 times
Zimmerman was in full control of the future in the moments before the incident happened. He had no responsibility to pursue anyone at the time of the incident. He was not a police officer and was under no requirement to investigate Martin, or anyone for that matter. At the very minimum he is wide open to a wrongful death suit, which could devastate him financially. But based on the merits, the prosecutors have it in the bag for murder 2 if they do good enough of a job.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:48 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,646,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Both of his parents worked in the judicial system. His father is a retired judge. I once posted an application to the police department on which GZ included that little fact. If memory serves me correctly, I believe it was back in 2008 when he wanted to join a Citizen's Police Academy. He's been obsessed with being a cop for many years. I can't imagine the amount of frustration that built up for all those years he kept feeling rejected, watching the real cops out on the street every night fighting crime while he could only ride around in his car looking for people who left their garage doors open.
That's because the victim is not the person on trial.

How far would it go? I mean, if we start examining the so-call "past" of a teenager who turned 17 the month he was killed, should we go back to when he was in 5th grade and passed a note or was caught chewing gum in class? I am not trying to be sarcastic, but the victim had no police record, so what else is there to present? That's opening up a very big door too. Should we hear from Zimmerman's ex girlfriend who charged him with domestic violence? What about former co-workers who said Zimmerman was unstable? I'm not sure what kind of past you want brought to the attention of the jury. This is dangerous territory. It's like allowing a defense attorney to talk about a woman's ex-lovers if she's raped. Victims of violent crime are not on trial.
GZ applied once

TM was on 3rd school suspencion when this happened

Who had more frustration and was clearly having issues during this time frame?

The person who applied years ago and was denied due to bad credit and never applied again and din't even take another job in which he could drive in a patrol car or the one just kicked out of school on suspecion for hving marijuana in his possession and his om culdnt handle him any longer and shipped him off to his dad?

Sounds different when you put the facts next to each other nd please don't play the race card...

We hav lots of different ethnical backgrounds...one is Hispanic and the other was black and we have Asians, Whites, etc. in this Country but stick to the facts!

Sadly one is dad but he wasn't hanging around with people who were trying to become better students and making things in life...the person he last spoke with even stated "creepy A$$ cracker"...so if you want to use the race card...there you have it! That is the person TM was talking to while walking in the rain which is of course not a crime....but neither is it to think someone i suspicious if he is trespassing over other peoples yards to cut off, instead of walking around in a community that had 7 burglaries in the last 11 months...tha is what made him suspicious since he fit the description of the people in all burglaries and that doesn't make GZ a racist or a cop wannabee.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:50 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,646,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Goodness.

Nobody has ever indicated that Trayvon's DNA would be on the gun (or holster).

George said he thought Trayvon saw his weapon and was reaching for it.

Trayvon neither "grabbed ahold of the holster" nor did he manage to get the gun.
Did you listen to the full experts testimony...I guess not...he stated the weather could have washed them off, humidity and rain...

The hoody and t-shirt were also handled in a very bad way! Proven by the prosecutors statement!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.