Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 02:16 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It is crazy and specially that at one time TM is a boy then a man and that his character can't b incl. in this trial since he is dead but the character fo the person who was assaulted can...

To me this is not a fair trial. I understand that something years ago is not relevant but what TM circumstances at the time of his death were should be incl. just as GZ circumstances, etc. at the time of this incident.
The whole thing has been wrong. TM is portrayed as a choir boy. So many pictures shown of TM was when he was 12 years old. The president nor the US Dept of Justice had no business getting involved in this case. I just hope we don't end up with a hung jury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Did you notice how the Trayvon family and friends came in during the defense closing arguments? Then; did you notice how they left before the second half of the defense closing arguments were over? I can understand that they are upset. But it was almost as if it was a choreographed interruption to the defense closing arguments. They could have just stayed out of the courtroom altogether if they did not want to listen.
Right on ... just don't go if you don't want to listen to the defense. It appeared to be intentional. I have a son and I can understand their pain. I hate to see this happen to any young man.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:28 PM

746 posts, read 1,242,761 times
The DOJ was organizing the Rallys and marches, did you know that?

Old 07-12-2013, 02:32 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
When they let Georgie go home this afternoon will they give him his gun and bullets back? It is my understanding 9mm is hard to find right now.
I think that's the least of his worries, even if he gets aquitted. 9mm can be found either for a marked up price or if you get lucky at wallmart.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:44 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
They are providing security.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:00 PM

746 posts, read 1,242,761 times
So which Walmarts will be ransacked first?

I think they should floor pile the TV's near the front door so less people get hurt in the commotion.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:11 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,007,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
No. Docs: Obama DOJ facilitated anti-Zimmerman protests with taxpayer money - National Crime & Courts | Examiner.com

Old 07-12-2013, 03:36 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
That's another false story spread by the extremists on the right. All the government did was check security in case there were was any violence. It's the law, something many groups don't seem to like when it doesn't suit their agendas.

"preventing and resolving racial and ethnic tensions, incidents, and civil disorders, and in restoring racial stability and harmony"

has always been the duty of the Federal Community Relations Service which was established after the 1964 Civil Rights Act was passed.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
It doesn't matter what the truth is to many people. After all, the same people who are saying there will be riots if GZ is acquitted are also complaining that the government provided security, only they're putting their own spin on it. It's like when Rick Perry complained about the Stimulus but took millions of dollars to create jobs in Texas. Even when Osama Bin Laden was killed, they said Obama should take no credit for his capture. However, we all know that if that mission failed, they'd be the first to blame Obama.

The entire case has been mishandled from the beginning, however.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:39 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
I'll have to read other sources, not sure about the Examiner credibility.

"At issue is the money spent by so-called "peacekeepers" in the Community Relations Service, a division of the DOJ that, according to Judicial Watch, the organization that requested the information, "purports to spot and quell racial tensions nationwide before they arise..."

In other words security.

"This is a fundamental disintegration," Limbaugh said, "and it's just one of many that are happening to this country under this administration."
Limbaugh went on to say that the DOJ did not just engage on the side of the anti-Zimmerman protests, but "revved 'em up."

Limbaugh speculation, I thought he kicked his drug habit?

Old 07-12-2013, 03:43 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
That's another false story spread by the extremists on the right. All the government did was check security in case there were was any violence. It's the law, something many groups don't seem to like when it doesn't suit their agendas.

"preventing and resolving racial and ethnic tensions, incidents, and civil disorders, and in restoring racial stability and harmony"

has always been the duty of the Federal Community Relations Service which was established after the 1964 Civil Rights Act was passed.
You don't fire a man because he refuses to change law to suit your needs. There is a case for civil litigation and it should cost somebody some big bucks. If GZ is acquitted; it justifies everything that Chief Lee said in the first place. Of course we should not have to wait too long for a decision. Even if GZ would be found guilty; I still think that Chief Lee should go after the city.

Last edited by fisheye; 07-12-2013 at 04:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime