Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 10:56 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Did you not read or hear the instructions? If he had no intention of killing Trayvon (malicious), he can't be found guilty.

Or do you just not understand the meaning of self defense?
Shooting him in the heart is meant to kill. You didn't know that?

Old 07-12-2013, 10:59 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
And if you are ever in GZ's shoes, attacked out of nowhere, on the ground on your back with someone bigger and stronger than you pounding your head into the concrete and breaking your nose, you let us know then if you would use a gun if you had it. I'm thinking you would...
If you believe one of his stories but I don't. I would never follow someone because that would almost always provoke a fight. If Zimmerman didn't know how to fight he should have stayed in his truck and let the police handle it.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:58 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
We had a local case where we caught a local chief of police red handed with marked coins from the parking meters. His case was tried out-of-county and he was found not guilty. Then he sued and won against our town: [url=http://articles.mcall.com/1994-07-29/news/2994335_1_pansy-settlement-theft-charges]Stroudsburg Settled With Pansy For $100,000 - Morning Call[/url]

The point is that anybody can sue for any reason and Chief Lee has plenty of good reasons.
I agree with you, if he has that option. I honestly don't know. We really don't know went went on behind closed doors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
If you believe one of his stories but I don't. I would never follow someone because that would almost always provoke a fight. If Zimmerman didn't know how to fight he should have stayed in his truck and let the police handle it.
You just nailed it. That's why he had his gun ready to fire when he left his vehicle. I don't know what happened that night, but there's no doubt in my mind that he wanted to detain Trayvon Martin so he wouldn't "get away."

Old 07-13-2013, 03:57 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
If you are ever in their shoes then you can let us know how you did in the courtroom.
You are probably right. But, at the same time; that could have been an orchestrated maneuver on the part of the prosecution. It is one thing to have one family member to leave because they can't listen anymore - but you don't have groups that come in or go out at the same time. Especially during a very crucial times for the defense - unless you want to undermine the presentation.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:21 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
If Zimmerman was black this case would not have been a big media event.

Young Treyvon
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...atch-death.jpg

Adult Treyvon - at 6'0 to 6'2 with a decent build
http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/graphics/tm1.jpg

Old 07-13-2013, 05:22 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You are probably right. But, at the same time; that could have been an orchestrated maneuver on the part of the prosecution. It is one thing to have one family member to leave because they can't listen anymore - but you don't have groups that come in or go out at the same time. Especially during a very crucial times for the defense - unless you want to undermine the presentation.
Speaking of orchestrated maneuvers. Seemed kinda orchestrated when the defense left the cutouts up all day too, right across the room from the jury. Especially during jury instructions. Just sayin...

Old 07-13-2013, 06:02 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
All I know is TM did not kill another human being after a series of stupid decisions. TM did not cause any permanent damage on another human being. I am worried about the person who can commit more unnecesary homocides and ruin more lives in the future, not about a non existent person who GZ erased from this planet in seconds due to his emotional decisions.
Per your theorie nobody can shoot a burglar and/or any person holding even a gun to their head....that could under your description just be "a serie of stupid decisions and not caus any permanent damage on another human being"

Sounds stupid when someone is saying it, doesn't it?

According to you someone needs to be hurt, well GZ had a broken nose and blood, while TM had nothing other than 1 bullet. Bad luck and something he didn't expect.

It seems TM already hit a bus driver and got away with it...sometimes people can be lucky and sometimes that luck is in someone elses corner.

Smart people limit to play with luck and stay longer alive!

Old 07-13-2013, 06:03 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
[/b]
TM was a minor and the family can stay or ask someone on their behave. GZ is not a minor.
Doesn't make sense...

Old 07-13-2013, 06:21 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Speaking of orchestrated maneuvers. Seemed kinda orchestrated when the defense left the cutouts up all day too, right across the room from the jury. Especially during jury instructions. Just sayin...
The prosecution could have objected.

By the way; the prosecution went on about how it is your child's greatest fear of being followed in the dark. Trayvon did have a cellphone that he knew how to use - why did he not call 911 if he was so afraid?

Old 07-13-2013, 07:55 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Per your theorie nobody can shoot a burglar and/or any person holding even a gun to their head....that could under your description just be "a serie of stupid decisions and not caus any permanent damage on another human being"

Sounds stupid when someone is saying it, doesn't it?

According to you someone needs to be hurt, well GZ had a broken nose and blood, while TM had nothing other than 1 bullet. Bad luck and something he didn't expect.

It seems TM already hit a bus driver and got away with it...sometimes people can be lucky and sometimes that luck is in someone elses corner.

Smart people limit to play with luck and stay longer alive!
How far back did you go to retrieve and reply? Very transparent. Are you happy now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime