Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2013, 07:09 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I think that we all can agree that there were no real winners here. I agree that people have a right to carry a gun, I also agree people have a right to defend themselves.

But, gun ownership carries a higher level of responsibility, and good judgement. You don't go seeking confrontations, you defend yourself if you are involved in one. I don't think Zimmerman demonstrated good judgement in this situation. He called 911, his duty was over. Time to go home.

The real problem, is that the gun laws we have are not reflective of the impulsivity of our society today. I don't know the answer here, but as crime continues to escalate, due to gun violence, this will need to be addressed. It is an economic issue, in regards to society cost of trials, incarceration, funds that could be better spent on elder care, or other pressing social issues in our society.
Good judgment? He had problems and wasn't capable of it in the first place. Whoever gave him a concealed carry permit in the first place was the one who didn't exercise good judgment. But, that's Florida. Mark my words, we will hear from GZ again in another violent criminal matter. He had a record of violence before this, and after getting away scot free with this killing, it will only encourage him to do what he wants again next time.

Well, look at the economic bright side! Cops, The First 48, MSNBC's Lock Up, Police Women of Broward County (and other featured areas), etc., etc., and many, many more reality crime and policing shows have a huge industry in Florida (the granddaddy location of them all, if I'm not mistaken) and many of the other gun crazy states in our nation. That adds to the economy I'm sure in some way in those areas!

Old 07-16-2013, 07:22 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,380 times
Well the not guilty verdict wasn't a surprise to me. I knew Zimmerman would walk free, it was so obvious.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:41 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Back to topic please. Trial discussion.

Other issues, please post at politics and Other Controversies

Old 07-16-2013, 08:53 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Back to topic please. Trial discussion.

Other issues, please post at politics and Other Controversies
Yeah please don't make us go to the P&C forum, yikes, the people that post in that forum make this thread look like we are all singing cumbaya together.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:54 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Sorry, you are right, I removed my post.

Don

Old 07-17-2013, 07:12 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Right:

When your nose is broken and your skull is being bashed in you should call a "time out" to go get a more appropriate weapon rather than save your life!
I wish his skull HAD BEEN bashed in.

That would at least be some modicum of justice. Maybe if he 'had to be spoon-fed' LOL he wouldn't have the opportunity to kill again.

unfortunately, his skull was not bashed in. two little cuts.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:19 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

That would at least be some modicum of justice. Maybe if he 'had to be spoon-fed' LOL he wouldn't have the opportunity to kill again.

Well that's a nice thought for the day

What do you think a "modicum of justice" for Trayvon would have been then?

Old 07-17-2013, 08:01 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
You misunderstand.

It would be justice for killing Trayvon.
I'll tell you what, let me repeatedly smack your head into the concrete hard enough to duplicate the cuts that GZ had, and then reshape your nose like in those pictures, and see if you change your opinion. So easy to sit back and Monday morning quarterback a situation when you were not the one actually there.

Psychic Hotline needs more people like you to work the phones.

Don

Old 07-17-2013, 08:33 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,949 times
Quote:

Nobody hates like a liberal.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:38 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:

And no suprise - what forum do you frequent most? The P&C forum. You P&C guys are a funny bunch. Just wish you would keep the hysterics and extremism over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime