Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2013, 08:26 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
That is interesting. I remember Los Angeles in 1995, after Rodney King trial, and then, the whole OJ trial, I was sure there would be riots if OJ was found guilty. Everyone felt the tension. I am sure that is part of the reason for OJ's acquittal.

So, Liberty City and Overtown are going to be watching this trial? Miami is due for a riot...just a matter of time.
Truthfully, I don't think that it will be that serious. The Rodney King thing happened because it was a build up of police brutiality cases that have been going on for some time and now you have the whole thing on film and they still get off, well what did you expect? The O.J thing was a different matter, because the black community as a whole was not invested in him (could care less) so if he would have been found guilty nothing would have happened anyway. A freind of mind that was close to the streets say that they knew O.J did not do it, but they realize that he knew who did and was more afraid of them then the legal system.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:48 PM

251 posts, read 436,911 times
I don't expect riots either. Zimmerman not being charged only resulted in minor protests. Once charges were pressed this story simmered down substantially.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:00 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
That is interesting. I remember Los Angeles in 1995, after Rodney King trial, and then, the whole OJ trial, I was sure there would be riots if OJ was found guilty. Everyone felt the tension. I am sure that is part of the reason for OJ's acquittal.

So, Liberty City and Overtown are going to be watching this trial? Miami is due for a riot...just a matter of time.
Well remember we have black neighborhoods everywhere, not just those two, we have Miami Gardens, South Miami, florida City, Naranja...

Some of my friends were living close to The Ghoulds and during that weekend when there were Trayvon protests, some young men were already acting disorderly by attacking incoming cars.

They should take their riots to Seminole county where the murder took place and leave Miami alone.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:43 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel88 View Post
I don't expect riots either. Zimmerman not being charged only resulted in minor protests. Once charges were pressed this story simmered down substantially.
That is all the family wanted in the first place. I blamed the police dept more than I blame zim, because had they done their job correctly and did a proper investigation while holding zim over this media circus whould not have happened.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:25 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,409,152 times
Default more of the 911 tapes

Today, HLN aired a bit more of the 911 tape. I have a feeling a few opinions are going to change once everyone hears the full 911 call rather than the clips that were aired previously. They're very interesting.
Koale

Old 05-27-2013, 08:58 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,390 times
What in the name of TV is that network for real?

At least one thing I've learned, GZ can put on and take off weight faster than anyone I've ever heard of. He gained 110 pounds? Really?

Old 05-28-2013, 05:23 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
They should take their riots to Seminole county where the murder took place and leave Miami alone.
If there are Riots it will be to pick up a new TV at the local Walmart.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:17 PM

251 posts, read 436,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
Today, HLN aired a bit more of the 911 tape. I have a feeling a few opinions are going to change once everyone hears the full 911 call rather than the clips that were aired previously. They're very interesting.
Koale

Just the fact that he had been pursuing Martin longer than people realize should sway some opinions.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:07 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
I'm shocked about the judge ruling...I don't think it is showing that the court wants him to get a fair trial.

If a victim or the person on trial has illegal or any medication in their system that should be disclosed for both sides.

I think riots will break out in certain areas and further that people will get more divided after this trial.

Btw it is not black versus white...it is black versus Hispanic if people want to bring race into this trial...I rather go by two people and show what both were about and right now we know what Trevon was doing aside from the pictures the parents and his lawyer wants us to see...

Old 05-29-2013, 09:33 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
That is the real point of the whole matter, if you have a lying gun carrying vigilante going after people who he thinks did something there is a major probelm, especially when the police attempt to cover it up
This. ^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime