Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 04:49 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
They have to be careful where they tread...if they bring in Georges' past then they open the door to bring in Golden Boys past...and it doesn't quite seem that anyone other than the defence team wants to go there.
K

So what they did was go public with stuff about Trayvon that they knew whould not be admissiable in court, knowing damn well that the jury still has been picked.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:36 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So what they did was go public with stuff about Trayvon that they knew whould not be admissiable in court, knowing damn well that the jury still has been picked.
Depending on what the state does at trial, the judge left open the admissibility of the stuff.

Either way, to the defense for finally getting the media to publish the non-Team Martin side of tm. If there's one potential juror who realized there's more to tm than Skittles and iced tea, good. Too bad the defense decided not to release all the info it has.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:27 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
The role of the media has been interesting in this case, I remember when it first hit the news, and Martin's picture was displayed, a school picture, from when he was...13!!!!

Okay, true, he was a "child", when killed, but a 13 year old looks a lot different from 17!

Old 06-02-2013, 11:48 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
The role of the media has been interesting in this case, I remember when it first hit the news, and Martin's picture was displayed, a school picture, from when he was...13!!!!

Okay, true, he was a "child", when killed, but a 13 year old looks a lot different from 17!
It goes both ways, Zimmerman's camp insists on using Trayvon's pot use and skipping school as a way to influence public opinion. In my opinion if Martin had a history of assaulting people it would be revelant, this defense sounds as desperate as Jodi Arias's lawyers.

I gave both Martin and Zimmerman the benefit of the doubt because I only care for what happened that night. I don't care if Zimmerman was a loser or Martin was a pot user. The evidence was very limited at first but now it is starting to look like Zimmerman did not act on self defense and if that is the case I want justice.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:16 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
It goes both ways, Zimmerman's camp insists on using Trayvon's pot use and skipping school as a way to influence public opinion. In my opinion if Martin had a history of assaulting people it would be revelant, this defense sounds as desperate as Jodi Arias's lawyers.

I gave both Martin and Zimmerman the benefit of the doubt because I only care for what happened that night. I don't care if Zimmerman was a loser or Martin was a pot user. The evidence was very limited at first but now it is starting to look like Zimmerman did not act on self defense and if that is the case I want justice.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:14 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
A local pastor in Charlotte was on the local news today. His church has joined with several other churches in the area and renting buses heading to Florida for the trial. Departing Charlotte June 9.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:25 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
A local pastor in Charlotte was on the local news today. His church has joined with several other churches in the area and renting buses heading to Florida for the trial. Departing Charlotte June 9.
Did I miss something here? Is this a civil rights case? Does this really need to be elevated to rally around, marching with signs? I don't think Zimmerman has been charged with a hate crime here.

Well, here comes the press. This trial will be interesting to watch. Nancy et al, must be chomping at the bit already, along with the Al Sharpton Gang.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:55 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Quote:
Did I miss something here? Is this a civil rights case? Does this really need to be elevated to rally around, marching with signs? I don't think Zimmerman has been charged with a hate crime here.

Well, here comes the press. This trial will be interesting to watch. Nancy et al, must be chomping at the bit already, along with the Al Sharpton Gang.
HLN starting moving in equipment down there last week ... chomping at the bit. Beth Karas is gone next week from HLN. I read on a Facebook page somebody started; "Beth Karas - Bring Back Beth" that HLN will no longer be televising "Love" trials after the Arias trial is completed. Their In Session channel will have a two hour trial each day then reality shows the rest of the day. I assume HLN mean trials like Arias and Anthony. That Facebook page says Beth and Jean both will be gone.

Zimmerman is not a 'love' trial so I assume HNL will broadcast this type trials.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:47 PM

251 posts, read 436,976 times
Quote:

There was no point when the media failed to report that TM had just turned 17 when he was killed. The bigger crime was reporting that TM bashed GZ's head into the ground for over a minute. Nobody believes that TM was 13 or 12 or 11 when he was killed but a scary amount of people are still under the impression that GZ's life was in danger that
night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Depending on what the state does at trial, the judge left open the admissibility of the stuff.

Either way, to the defense for finally getting the media to publish the non-Team Martin side of tm. If there's one potential juror who realized there's more to tm than Skittles and iced tea, good. Too bad the defense decided not to release all the info it has.
Martin could have been released from prison that afternoon and it wouldn't be relevant. The night he was killed he was on a candy and tea delivery, not a man-hunt like GZ.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:40 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel88 View Post
There was no point when the media failed to report that TM had just turned 17 when he was killed. The bigger crime was reporting that TM bashed GZ's head into the ground for over a minute. Nobody believes that TM was 13 or 12 or 11 when he was killed but a scary amount of people are still under the impression that GZ's life was in danger that
night.

Martin could have been released from prison that afternoon and it wouldn't be relevant. The night he was killed he was on a candy and tea delivery, not a man-hunt like GZ.
I congratulate Team Martin and the media for the super pr job they did to promote tm's image. Though nothing the defense can release now can undo the cherub vs. the racist mugshot narrative, defense lawyers should release everything they have, UNredacted, to even things up a little bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime