Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 PM

137 posts, read 151,422 times

Advertisements

In George Zimmerman trial, potential jurors asked to set aside publicity

SANFORD -- Race relations, Florida’s self-defense law and Trayvon Martin’s attire and school suspension emerged as key issues Tuesday as lawyers in the George Zimmerman murder trial grilled jurors about the effects of publicity in the case.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:21 AM

251 posts, read 436,911 times
I know what both sides want to do, but neither side is gaining any ground in the scream debate so it appears to already be a wash.

The jury won't need an expert to convince them who said what on the 911 call. Spoiler alert: it was Zimmerman on the phone, not Martin.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:16 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,390 times
Lol

Old 06-12-2013, 09:42 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
They have called 500 potential jurors ... questioning 100 at a time ... I don't they are going to find 6 people to seat a jury. Maybe they can ask Pinellas County to provide a jury.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:00 PM

137 posts, read 151,422 times
Arrow Trial begins Monday!

George Zimmerman trial: Day 3 of jury selection in Trayvon Martin shooting

SANFORD - Fifteen months ago 8,000 demonstrators poured into downtown Sanford and cheered as the Rev. Al Sharpton demanded the arrest of George Zimmerman. On Wednesday, Sharpton was nowhere in sight but protesters and the civil rights leader were subjects that popped up time and again on Day 3 of jury selection at Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial.

Video included!

Old 06-12-2013, 07:47 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,051 times
If zimmerman doesnt get the death penalty and people then riot in the streets killing and cutting and cussing and stealing and stuff at least they need to warn us in advance because I plan to take a long off shore vacation during all of it..

Old 06-12-2013, 11:22 PM

The death penalty doesn't apply here. You'll be fine.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
So embarrassed! Can't edit it either. Horrendous without coffee.

It's a marvelous beginning to a defense. They trotted out highly-educated experts, professionals with years of experience, against the backdrop of the PROSECUTION "experts", who lack the basic credentials to be much more than hobbyists. Experts on a budget.

I'm certainly no expert in this area, but to the uninitiated, the back and forth sounded to me like the PROSECUTION'S experts got a sound whooping. Maybe the defense experts are just slinging some BS, not for me to say. But if I were on the jury, I'd have to laugh along with the defense expert. "just the imaginary words?" LMAO

I can disagree with them until proven wrong, but I do disagree with some of their best guesses as to what you can determine from screams, be it older or younger, whatever. But the fact of the matter is, the defense experts made the prosecution look amateur and quite silly. I'd want it to end quickly.

Remember that GZ himself said the screams were not his.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:43 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel88 View Post
Remember that GZ himself said the screams were not his.

After hearing the screams, he said 'that doesn't even sound like me.' A stupid ad lib from a guy who didn't grasp that a comment many people make when hearing their own voice would be used against him. If they manage to get fair jurors, they'll understand the comment isn't 'the screams are not mine'.

What they might not buy is tm's dad saying it wasn't his son's voice, then changing his mind [when he realized he hurt the case against gz].

Old 06-13-2013, 06:32 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,390 times
We can only hope the case revolves around what is known, explanations of what was said, and a breakdown of the scenario(s) described by Zimmerman. As I've said before, Zimmerman's statements and explanations from the beginning, are a good place to go when cross-checing whatever forensic and crime scene information they have.

Just doing that provides for hours of bewilderment. No need for racial implications, neither Jesse nor Al are even remotely significant, except to point out their continued fanning of the racial flames.

In almost every debate on this incident, the people on both sides have had to go out of their way to ignore the rather obvious topics of statements and fact. Obviously, the only one there that could make statements is Zimmerman himself. People want this case to be about so much more than it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime