Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2013, 07:03 PM

362 posts, read 794,299 times

Advertisements

I doubt the phone conversation will be viewed one way or the other, it doesn't sound like a grown man, but under stress who knows, the experts say its too blurry to be conclusive. It will be tough to find an impartial jury, but any time someone shoots and kills someone unarmed, it will always be an uphill battle to claim self defense. Because there are just too many armed people going around shooting unarmed people in things that are murders but they claim is self defense. I don't believe Zimmerman for the same reason no one believes oscar pistorius, OJ simpson, jodi arias, casey anthony or anyother accused killer who just seemed to have a convient set of facts. Had Zimmerman stayed in his car there would be nothing to debate. Had trayvon smashed out his window then he may have been justified to shoot him, but he didn't he chased down a kid a fight broke out and that kid ended up shot to death. Gang bangers shootdown people everyday. Theya ll belong in prison

Old 06-18-2013, 08:40 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,949 times
Dear God, it looks like Zimmerman ate a small car on his way into court.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:44 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Dear God, it looks like Zimmerman ate a small car on his way into court.
lol

I wonder if that will help him, hurt him, or have no affect whatsoever?

Old 06-18-2013, 11:19 PM

251 posts, read 436,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Serino: You hear that voice in the background?
Zimmerman: No, Sir.
(Starts call over)
Serino: That’s you.
(Call continues)
Serino: You hear yourself?
Zimmerman: That doesn’t even sound like me.
---------------
I won't count on it, but if the jury uses their noggins, they'll know gz ad-libbed a typical comment from people who hear their own voices.

He never said 'the screams were not his.'

If the jury uses their noggins they'll know that a person screaming for his life would remember screaming for his life and wouldn't need help picking out his voice on tape. You'll note that Zimmerman never says "that was me screaming" at any time while listening to the tapes during that interview. One would think that he'd make sure not to forget such a thing.

We went over this a few dozen pages ago - little kids hearing their recorded voice for the first time say "that doesn't even sound like me!" A grown man facing murder charges would know to answer the question clearly, "YES, of course I hear my myself, that's ME screaming!" Zimmerman didn't though.

In your fantasy world, Zimmerman's took the second most important moment of his life to make a vague comment about how odd his voice sounds on tape.

When asked in court if he shot Martin in self defense will Zimmerman say "it doesn't sound like I did" or will he remember to say "yes"?

(Rhetorical question)

Old 06-19-2013, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel88 View Post
If the jury uses their noggins they'll know that a person screaming for his life would remember screaming for his life and wouldn't need help picking out his voice on tape. You'll note that Zimmerman never says "that was me screaming" at any time while listening to the tapes during that interview. One would think that he'd make sure not to forget such a thing.

We went over this a few dozen pages ago - little kids hearing their recorded voice for the first time say "that doesn't even sound like me!" A grown man facing murder charges would know to answer the question clearly, "YES, of course I hear my myself, that's ME screaming!" Zimmerman didn't though.

In your fantasy world, Zimmerman's took the second most important moment of his life to make a vague comment about how odd his voice sounds on tape.

When asked in court if he shot Martin in self defense will Zimmerman say "it doesn't sound like I did" or will he remember to say "yes"?

(Rhetorical question)
You make good points. The detectives have all of those very same doubts. But in the end, it's the State that has to prove Murder 2.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:02 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,406,958 times
Wink hello...

Quote:
Zimmerman himself said the screams were not his. /back open
would you please direct me to this information?
thanks, koale

Old 06-19-2013, 05:40 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:

(Rhetorical question)
Only a true-blue IAmTrayvon can twist the words ' That doesn't even sound like me' into 'Zimmerman himself said the screams were not his.'

Probably 100's of thousands of people don't recognize their voices on tape. In this case, it wasn't even a regular talking voice--- it was screaming.

One thing gz was absolutely consistent about was that he yelled for help. Maybe he did, maybe it was tm. However, for you to change his words into 'Zimmerman SAID it wasn't him screaming' is literary license that borders on lying. Unless you think all the other people who utter similar statements are actually denying the voice they hear is theirs. In my opinion.

Last edited by jazzarama; 06-19-2013 at 05:54 AM..

Old 06-19-2013, 05:44 AM

Quote:
You make good points. The detectives have all of those very same doubts. But in the end, it's the State that has to prove Murder 2.
Now that gz is being prosecuted, the cops may doubt who was screaming. Back then, before the decision to arrest gz no matter what, they knew it was him screaming.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:58 AM

The cops knew a lot, and knew nothing. Less than 24 hours later during the re-enactment on scene, Zimmerman's recounting of what happened didn't jive with the crime scene. The police had trouble with a lot of things. Number one, the victim is dead. Number 2, the witness accounts are unreliable and hopelessly contradictory. They also have a suspect that has given them countless contradictory statements, had No defensive wounds.

Confusing statements indeed. The crime scene is confusing as well, which was highlighted when GZ had to get out of the police car to show them where and what happened. Suddenly, the Tee story became a bit hazier, since the body was quite a distance from there. GZ did scurry down towards that position once he figured out what he said.

Then there is Witness #13. who knows?

But there is more. Zimmerman trained in a MMA style gym.

New evidence: George Zimmerman applied to be a cop but was turned down - OrlandoSentinel.com

Old 06-19-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
The cops knew a lot, and knew nothing. Less than 24 hours later during the re-enactment on scene, Zimmerman's recounting of what happened didn't jive with the crime scene. The police had trouble with a lot of things. Number one, the victim is dead. Number 2, the witness accounts are unreliable and hopelessly contradictory. They also have a suspect that has given them countless contradictory statements, had No defensive wounds.

Confusing statements indeed. The crime scene is confusing as well, which was highlighted when GZ had to get out of the police car to show them where and what happened. Suddenly, the Tee story became a bit hazier, since the body was quite a distance from there. GZ did scurry down towards that position once he figured out what he said.

Then there is Witness #13. who knows?

But there is more. Zimmerman trained in a MMA style gym.

New evidence: George Zimmerman applied to be a cop but was turned down - OrlandoSentinel.com
One thing at a time. The yelling for help. The Original witness statements, as well as gz's statement, supported the cops/ initial belief that gz yelled for help. Sure, it could have been tm as gz pointed a gun at him for.... how long was it, 20 seconds or more ? Sure, it's possible gz when in the cop car had the brilliant idea of claiming it was him yelling for help, though it was Really tm.

The 'MMA' training for gz. Maybe the instructor will testify. How long did gz attend ? Was he a top-notch pupil or did he get knocked out by a punching bag ? This is the type of info that makes tm's fight videos relevant.

Yes, gz's stories were inconsistent and in some cases don't match the physical evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime