U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 09:20 AM

12,408 posts, read 16,514,586 times

Advertisements

Brooklyn father on trial for shooting at rowdy teens to protect his family. - NYPOST.com

The police cannot be all places at once.
I guess there were witnesses who can attest whether the wife was being threatened.

There are areas of NY, many, in which rowdy young people are just allowed to continue, regardless of many calls to the police from residents. Situations can get out of hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 09:35 AM

13,108 posts, read 24,936,352 times
This is so out of control!! NYC with all it's budget cut backs do not have enough police on the street and these roving bands of rowdy, violent teens needs to stop...lock their sorry azzes up.

NYC needs Rudi back at the helm

Old 06-14-2013, 08:01 PM

7,690 posts, read 8,507,898 times
And yet the NYPD is trumpeting an "all time low crime rate" .... yeaaaah right Everyone knows precinct commanders are being threatened with termination if they do not lower crime rates further and further each month so they fudge the statistics to look good for Popeye (aka Commissioner Kelly).

This is a prime example of a valid case of self defense but because this is NYC this man is put on trial. Anywhere else he would have been given a medal!

Old 06-15-2013, 03:40 PM

Well, I think the witnesses should confirm or refute what the guy said was happening. I really don't think a person would shoot unless he thought a life were in danger. On the other hand, there are hot heads who, after time and time again of these thugs controlling his streets at night, decide to do a little cleanup.

Yeah, I tend to support stop and frisk, though I think it may be unconstitutional, because there was a day in which many of those street thugs would have had guns and there'd have been a shootout. I'd rather the homeowner were armed than hopped up wild banshees in the street.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:12 PM

10,617 posts, read 13,188,508 times
If one of them made a sudden move towards his wife, Esp with a "Shiny object" in hand I don't blame him. They were not out selling flowers. I live in Brooklyn and roving packs often rob people or cause other chaos. I hope he goes free.

Enough of the gangs. This is not the world of Mad max...Yet.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
If one of them made a sudden move towards his wife, Esp with a "Shiny object" in hand I don't blame him. They were not out selling flowers. I live in Brooklyn and roving packs often rob people or cause other chaos. I hope he goes free.

Enough of the gangs. This is not the world of Mad max...Yet.
Yeah. What ever happened to the Rico laws? Were they not there to pull all members of a gang in when crimes were committed? Didn't they make just being a member of a gang a crime? I don't know why the police can't just pull anyone in and at least harass them to no end for having gang colors and tattoos on their person. These gangs are like the Mafia. Their only existence is centered upon the crimes that they want to commit. If the police started going after them maybe they would be a bit more cautious at least. What about noise ordinances? Remember Guiliani had the police going after 'quality of life' crimes, which resulted in fewer more serious crimes?

Why are the police dropping the ball? Maybe this would never have occurred if the police were more proactive.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:30 PM

6,299 posts, read 6,420,472 times
I thought NYPD has upped there recruitment numbers, and they even building a new academy in College Point.

Yet I will too admit, I dont exactly the street roaming with the boyz in blue

Old 06-20-2013, 10:43 AM

52,114 posts, read 41,937,212 times
Interesting read.

Guessing the number of shots fired and where the guys were hit etc. will have a major bearing on the situation.

If it's bullet wounds to the back 50 yards away he's going to be in some trouble....but having your residence approached by a mob carrying pipes kinda kills the sympathy factor.

Upon further reflection though, he just hit once and another guy caught some fragments which with that rifle and those ranges seems like he is either a horrific shot or wasn't trying to gun them all down but rather scare them off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime