Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 06:01 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times

Advertisements

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbc...18017&gcheck=1

From the sound of the article this guy must have had to much himself to think straight. The face looks so familiar. We nearly bought a house near where he was arrested. You just can't judge a house by it's cover or a neighborhood either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 10:41 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
We have had several meth houses blow up around here. Two weeks ago it was a guy & his wife cooking and they had two small children in the home. Fortunately they were caught before blowing up the place and their kids.

I just don't under what this stuff is ... the ingredients alone scare me.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
We have had several meth houses blow up around here. Two weeks ago it was a guy & his wife cooking and they had two small children in the home. Fortunately they were caught before blowing up the place and their kids.

I just don't under what this stuff is ... the ingredients alone scare me.
It's scary trying to buy a house because so many have meth now in the walls. It is not a minor crime anymore.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:46 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
It's scary trying to buy a house because so many have meth now in the walls. It is not a minor crime anymore.
I don't think Home Inspections even include a meth test. Even if the realtor is aware of it, I don't think they have to disclose the info. Of course a realtor might not even know about it. That is scary.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:21 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,752,886 times
who ever thought...Ya know what would be real tasty together....lighter fluid, lithium from batteries and two boxes of Sudafed, ya lets mix those together....what could go wrong

Old 07-24-2013, 03:46 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I don't think Home Inspections even include a meth test. Even if the realtor is aware of it, I don't think they have to disclose the info. Of course a realtor might not even know about it. That is scary.
As I understand it they do have to disclose. But...having too, and doing it can be two different things at times. I've had some training in this area, and it is a very scarey situation.

I have attended training seminars and heard about the ramifications to children in these places, and the risks to other children who's parents then move in, unknowingly. It hazardous to anyone, but especially small children. Tragic.

It is often the case of total demo, including the surrounding grounds.
Meth Lab Cleanup Minneapolis-St. Paul, Roseville, MN | Rapid
How to avoid buying a meth house - MSN Real Estate

Old 07-24-2013, 04:16 PM

I read a news story about a young couple buying a bargain home I think in WA state. First the baby got sick, then the mom, then the dad and then they started asking questions. They soon found out they were sick from meth. They bought a government foreclosed home and no one told them and the government made them pay for the house even though unlivable. To some extent it is a buyer beware. We have decided to build a new hurricane & tornado resistant steel home for a kit rather than take a chance now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime