U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 06:42 AM

14,388 posts, read 11,709,233 times

Advertisements

Gunman kills three at Ross Township meeting | PoconoRecord.com

I live about twenty miles away; so this is a local story for me. It is also a story about zoning rules/regulations and Second Amendment rights. It is a story of tragedy for those slain and those wounded. It is also a story of heroism for those that stopped the shooter (Rockne Newell).

Here is a link to our local thread (when first reported there were only two dead): Two Dead, Two Injured during Ross Township Meeting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 07:04 AM

12,267 posts, read 18,397,848 times
Besides that a firearm was used, I see nothing related to second amendment rights in this story, being that PA is already heavily regulated for firearms possesion and ownership.
The Sanford&Sons guy was angry about something.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Besides that a firearm was used, I see nothing related to second amendment rights in this story, being that PA is already heavily regulated for firearms possesion and ownership.
The Sanford&Sons guy was angry about something.
If you click on this link: Pundit Press: Rockne Newell Facebook Information 8/6/2013 Then click on his name; four Facebook post come up. One is Rockne Newell's approval of Second Amendment rights. Another post is where he rants about legalizing marijuana and releasing Bradley Manning.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If you click on this link: Pundit Press: Rockne Newell Facebook Information 8/6/2013 Then click on his name; four Facebook post come up. One is Rockne Newell's approval of Second Amendment rights. Another post is where he rants about legalizing marijuana and releasing Bradley Manning.
What's your point (or agenda)? So the topic here is Libertarianism? That probably fits in the P&C forum, not here.
Terrible tradgedy in spite of my Fred Sanford comments. But let's not politicize every shooting event that happens.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
What's your point (or agenda)? So the topic here is Libertarianism? That probably fits in the P&C forum, not here.
Terrible tradgedy in spite of my Fred Sanford comments. But let's not politicize every shooting event that happens.
I don't have an agenda! I was a NRA member for many years. I shot team for many years. But, when we have a disgruntled, half cocked, lunatic that shoots out the walls of a township meeting, kills three and wounds three, and talks about his Second Amendment rights - we have a problem!

Don't shoot the messenger!

Old 08-06-2013, 08:01 AM

35,447 posts, read 10,488,468 times
Another shooting at a gun-free zone...why am I not surprised?

Old 08-06-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I don't have an agenda! I was a NRA member for many years. I shot team for many years. But, when we have a disgruntled, half cocked, lunatic that shoots out the walls of a township meeting, kills three and wounds three, and talks about his Second Amendment rights - we have a problem!

Don't shoot the messenger!
Let's be clear, the problem is you had a lunatic shooting, the problem is NOT that a person discussed an Ammendment of the United States Constitution. People are allowed to do that in this country.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:51 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,214,010 times
Let me guess... gun free zone?

Old 08-06-2013, 09:25 AM

Yes gun free zone in a state with some very extreme gun laws....and shooter actually had time and the liberty to leave building, go back to car, grab another gun, and resume firing. Gun free zones frankly scare me.

But forget that. I think the topic here is how this man was pushed. Now, nothing excuses taking another life, but what made this guy snap? - here you have some loner, living on SS $600 a month in the country, minding his own business and only wanting to smoke his dope in peace and be left alone in his shack. Then you have the government coming in and saying you have to do this and install that, giving him no choice but to leave his home. Basically he had nothing left, nothing to loose, but to lash out.
Again, doesn't excuse his actions in the least bit, taking innocent lives.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:16 AM

3,648 posts, read 3,518,281 times
The scary part is that how many such people are there in US? Guns and ready to snap. Innocent people have to suffer due to nuts having access to Guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or