Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 05:18 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
It was an accident, not a conspiracy. They were speeding, trying to evade the paparazzi, driver was impaired, DUI, no seat belts, distraction by the paparazzi traffic, lose control, deadly accident. Nothing less nothing more.
How could anyone plan a scenario like that and pull it off as a conspiracy. C'mon folks, use some common sense.
Well, the idea is that there was a car with strobe lights shining back to Di's car. It was driving with the paparazzi and just sped off. That could certainly have been planned and if it did not work, the car still would have sped off, wouldn't it? It really is not as though it could not have been part of a plan, at least not in my book.

I just agree that time has past and things have calmed down. I think she never had a clear idea of what she was walking into when she married into royalty and she probably already was mentally fragile. I like the idea of the British monarchy and am glad that they are still standing.

In my poor opinion, I think this whole thing would have been avoided had Charles been allowed to marry the woman who I think he was always meant to be with, his present wife. He was pressured into picking someone 'appropriate' and it backfired in all their faces. Sometimes you just have to know when to bend with the times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 07:49 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Well, the idea is that there was a car with strobe lights shining back to Di's car. It was driving with the paparazzi and just sped off. That could certainly have been planned and if it did not work, the car still would have sped off, wouldn't it? It really is not as though it could not have been part of a plan, at least not in my book.

I just agree that time has past and things have calmed down. I think she never had a clear idea of what she was walking into when she married into royalty and she probably already was mentally fragile. I like the idea of the British monarchy and am glad that they are still standing.

In my poor opinion, I think this whole thing would have been avoided had Charles been allowed to marry the woman who I think he was always meant to be with, his present wife. He was pressured into picking someone 'appropriate' and it backfired in all their faces. Sometimes you just have to know when to bend with the times.

I doubt anyone would have tried to murder Diana while the pap with cameras were in full pursuit.

Charles was smitten with Camilla back when they were younger but instead of marrying her at the time, he chose to fulfill his military duties without asking for her hand. When he returned Camilla was engaged and went on to marry a polo chum of Charles. At some point Camilla and Charles resumed their love affair-with the blessings of her husband. He probably had his own side thing going on.
Camilla is the one who selected Diana for Charles; no doubt thinking she was going to be easy to manipulate. Ha!

Old 08-25-2013, 11:33 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Quote:

Paparazzi camera flashbulbs going off, not unusual when there are a lot of photogs taking pictures. happens to celebrities all the time while driving, having a camera shoved into their window space for an exclusive photo.

Just think if Prince Charles had not married Diana there would be no new baby king today. Think about that.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Paparazzi camera flashbulbs going off, not unusual when there are a lot of photogs taking pictures. happens to celebrities all the time while driving, having a camera shoved into their window space for an exclusive photo.

Just think if Prince Charles had not married Diana there would be no new baby king today. Think about that.
True that!
Everyone has their own journey. Things happen for specific reasons; even if those reasons are unbeknownst (and they typically are!!) at the time.
This applies to us all.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:43 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
I just agree that time has past and things have calmed down. I think she never had a clear idea of what she was walking into when she married into royalty and she probably already was mentally fragile.
And just unbelievable that she was a mere 19 years old. She and Charles will certainly ill matched in terms of temperament and intellect.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:

You know that I am not arguing with you. It's best, if there is evidence, just to let it lie. But just the knowledge of cameras going off all the time would make those strobe lights not so suspicious. You are helping to make the case that it does have some plausibility to think it was a murder attempt.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I doubt anyone would have tried to murder Diana while the pap with cameras were in full pursuit.

Charles was smitten with Camilla back when they were younger but instead of marrying her at the time, he chose to fulfill his military duties without asking for her hand. When he returned Camilla was engaged and went on to marry a polo chum of Charles. At some point Camilla and Charles resumed their love affair-with the blessings of her husband. He probably had his own side thing going on.
Camilla is the one who selected Diana for Charles; no doubt thinking she was going to be easy to manipulate. Ha!
Where did you get the info that Camilla chose Diana for Charles? I never heard that, ever.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
And just unbelievable that she was a mere 19 years old. She and Charles will certainly ill matched in terms of temperament and intellect.
Yes. He certainly knew other women. It seems as though his family was putting so much pressure on him that he just gave up and chose the women that seemed the weakest and most pliable - and pretty.

I remember when reporters were asking if they loved each other. She made an expected reply and he answered with something like ' What is love?' Wouldn't any woman suspect at that time, before the marriage that maybe he didn't love her? Poor girl, I think she lead a very sheltered life.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Where did you get the info that Camilla chose Diana for Charles? I never heard that, ever.

Andrew Morton wrote a book, which at the time no one knew Diana was the person he was interviewing. It's pretty informative and later came out that Diana herself was in fact the person behind the book.

Diana tells of finding out about the ongoing affair between Charles and Camilla before the marriage but when it was virtually too late to call it off. Camilla gave Charles cuff links as a wedding gift with their initials C&C intertwined. Camilla supposedly hand picked Diana, saying she was naïve and wouldn't give them any trouble.
I think most royals have always looked the other way, but Diana was duped into thinking it was a marriage of love. She had a bad enough childhood seeking love. This was the final straw.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:11 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Quote:
You know that I am not arguing with you. It's best, if there is evidence, just to let it lie. But just the knowledge of cameras going off all the time would make those strobe lights not so suspicious. You are helping to make the case that it does have some plausibility to think it was a murder attempt.
Camera flash going off taking pictures has no bearing on a murder attempt. It may have distracted the drunken driver if a flash camera even happened at that moment, but that's impossible to pin a murder rap on that scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime