Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 04:31 PM

149 posts, read 347,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtexan99 View Post
I said she waddled and waddled she did. Did you not watch the video? waddles does not imply fatness. waddle - definition of waddle by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

She's not a blonde. She dyes her hair. Those who call her a blonde need to examine their own notions of what a blonde is. I think its ignorant to call someone a blonde when they infact have dyed blonde hair.

Is the woman below a cute blonde with a nice smile, or does she have dyed blonde hair?
Neither. She's wearing a blonde wig.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 04:37 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
Has it been oficially stated whether or not her and Dimaggio (sp) were having a sexual relationship or not?
You mean, was he molesting the underage teen girl who called him "Uncle Jim"? Do you think the public needs to know and why?

Old 08-25-2013, 04:43 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtexan99 View Post
That's what she calls herself on public social sites.

What is your issue with that?
I don't follow her activities on social sites. It doesn't change my opinion of various and sundry others.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:14 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
To get back to the OP's topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
... I noticed how nonchalant Hannah was at this service in what I could only describe as in weirdly good spirits, sipping her starbucks coffee, smiling and laughing with others as if nothing had ever happened. I realise people grieve differently but I would think a girl who's mother and brother were brutally murdered not a month ago would be devastated..... wouldn't you? That is, unless she was complicit..... They then had an hour long show on this and after watching, My suspicions were strengthened. Lets go over some of this....

The show said the day of the abduction there were 13 calls between the two and after that, both phones were turned completely off ... Weren't there letters found in the charred remains of the house? Number one, who in the last decade has bothered to write a letter to anyone, let alone a 16 year old, unless they are.... perhaps.... love letters? If these letters were legible enough to determine they were from Hannah, then certainly they were legible enough to read. What exactly was IN these letters???

Hannah took a trip to Hollywood, alone, with dimaggio. If that in and of itself isn't, lets say, peculiar, then the fact that dimaggio got upset that Hannah was spending too much time on her phone and not enough time paying attention to him, is ... TWO DAYS after her recovery, she took to social media doing what CNN described as "telling her story" but it looked to me like a lot of picture posting in cute poses and so forth ...

...I was wondering what her relationship with her mother was like, and then she answered it for me. On her interview with the today show, she explained away the letters found in the home as her discussing with Dimaggio "how to handle" the troubles her and her mother had been having ... Wasn't there an incident where Dimaggio was supposed to pick her up from an event and he said he didn't want to see her kissing "other" boys? Other? What does that mean? Freudian slip maybe?

What evidence is there to conclusively prove that Dimaggio committed the murders?

I'm sure there were other things that seemed suspicious to me but I can't think of them right now. All I know is that they keep calling her a "victim" and saying that she was "abducted"..... I'm not convinced, I'll tell you that much, what about you? ...
I agree that there is much more to this story than meets the first look. Even before they were found, my gut was telling me this was not the same as most abduction situations. Evidence at least suggests it's possible she played a part in the deaths (at least had a motive for hating her mother) and he was hoping to take her away and cover it up — for whatever reason. Lately I've heard that there's a rumor in their neighborhood that DiMaggio was her biological father. That should be easy enough to either prove or disprove and it seems more than relevant.

As for ever knowing the truth, if the FBI does indeed still have an investigation on-going, I would support that. But I certainly hope it's a deep look at the total situation, not merely an investigation to justify DiMaggio being executed without a trial.

If he had a sexual relationship with her, that was, indeed, criminal even if it was consensual. But the entire family had a bizarre relationship with the strangely behaving DiMaggio for many years which may have contributed to his fixation on Hannah — as well as her seeming lack of sorrow or remorse in the deaths of her family members and/or the outcome of her "abduction."

I wonder about there ever being a complete resolution, though. Will law enforcement spend money continuing an investigation when (1) there is no longer any enthusiastic complainant, (2) when they believe they "solved" the tragic deaths, and (3) when they have a motive not to want their shooting of a suspect looked at further?

Old 08-25-2013, 06:22 PM

22,845 posts, read 6,437,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraychick01 View Post
Ever since this whole thing came about I've felt that something's not right. My "gut" is usually right. I don't think she's as "innocent" as they make her out to be. Something's fishy here. I just don't know exactly what it is.
I agree, can't put my finger on it but something is fishy...we don't know the whole story.
16 is young but if my mother and brother were brutally murdered when I was 16, (you know,
old enough to drive and date and work some places), I would be crushed. Add to that her
abducter was killed while she was being held, well that's a lot of trauma. Maybe we'll learn more
down the road...not saying she commited any crime but there's more to the story...

Old 08-25-2013, 06:50 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,451,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
You mean, was he molesting the underage teen girl who called him "Uncle Jim"? Do you think the public needs to know and why?
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. And no, I do not think the public needs to know this; as a matter of fact, this entire thread is comprised of people who are dabbling in events that are, "none of their business", and yes, that imcludes me as well.

My reason for asking if they had been involved in an ongoing "consensual" sexual relationship is because if he had already manipulated her to that extent, he could have possibly perverted her thought processes enough enable her to participate in the planning of these murders under the pretext of "being able to love each other happily ever after without judgement cast upon them by the family". Or even if she did not participate in the planning, she could have had advance knowledge in regard to what he planned to do, however did nothing to stop it.

Either way, she is a victim of a wildly deviant and manipulative sex offender. Either way, it's none of our business. And if this were the case; what now?

I don't have the answer to that.

But since we are all getting into subjects that are "none of our business", let's be real: these questions are just begging to be asked.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:08 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Couple of things.....

Who cares what she looks like? That has/had no bearing on my suspicions. I listened to the facts, and thats what sent red flags up for me. Besides that, she is a very gorgeous girl, so everyone calling her a fat cow etc. are more than likely woman of, well lets just say, a less attractive nature, just being haters. I see that all the time. Never fails. If she were Rosie Odonnel, I'd still be suspicious given this set of facts.

Second, I'm sorry, but the "she's a teenager in her own world" just doesn't cut it for me. I lost a parent at a very early age and I certainly wasn't fluttering around the way she has been. I'm no psychologist though, so of course thats just my unprofessional, uneducated opinion.

Third, have they ever said exactly what was in these letters they found? To know what was in the letters and text messages sent the day of the abduction would go a long way in either confirming or relieving suspicions.

Fourth, a freind said that Dimaggio admitted having a crush on Hannah, and that she was "freaked out" about it. I'd like to know if the trip to Hollywood with Dimaggio was before or after this disturbing admition? If she truly was bothered by it, why then go to Hollywood with the man? Maybe the reality is that she was flattered by it.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:51 PM

279 posts, read 486,143 times
The trip to Hollywood wasn't too long before her "abduction." Seems it was about 8 weeks ago. Not too sure if this was before or after the admitted crush. I'm going to guess it was after though because a friend of hers commented on one of the photos she posted on Instagram from the trip and asked if she was "gettin sleezy with that uncle" of hers to which she laughed and said no, she was "gettin sleezy with the Hollywood hotties." The comment her friend made was deleted not too long ago. Based on that and the other photos she posted from the trip, I'd hardly say she was freaked out by being there with him.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:09 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
I hope none of you are ever on a jury. Why not wait until the investigation is closed before making up your mind about someone you don't know. Hannah is probably on meds. Some of my answer's to the OP's questions:

Where and when to pick someone up from cheerleading practice can easily take 13 text messages. For example; Text one - Your mom called, I'm to pick you up from cheerleading. Where will you be? Text two -Okay. Pick me up at the side door. Text three - Which side door? Text four - The east side door. Text five - Oh, pick me up at 5pm. Text six - Okay. Text seven - We have to stay until 5:30 now, pick me up at 5:30. Text eight - Okay. Text nine - we are going to be in the gym making posters. Pick me up in back. Text ten - Okay Text eleven - why can't my mom pick me up? Text twelve - she's working. Text thirteen -okay. Her phone is turned off because they can't take calls turning practice. The killers? He probably knows he can't charge it on the run.

The police have the letters and they don't seem concerned. The letters could be emails you know. Or, perhaps she was grounded from the computer and phone. This was a dysfunctional family, they probably told her to talk to uncle DiMaggio. Remember he was their bff and they pushed the relationship. He was grooming Hannah and her family was clueless.

She wasn't alone with him in Hollywood, they stayed at her God father's house, he lives in Hollywood.

The friend was in the car with the two of them when DiMaggio said he had a crush, that's why she knows Hannah was upset.

As far as the social media, she's a goofy kid who wanted to talk to her friends. Grandma's asleep and she probably doesn't care to talk to her dad since he was DiMaggio's best friend.

The evidence includes DNA, he did it.

They are still investigating.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:21 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
An underage teenager cannot have a consensual relationship with an adult.
Age of consent differs depending on the state says an adult who lives with a teenage girl. (boyfriend's daughter Believe me we've checked!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime