Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2013, 06:58 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,859,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
George should have been court ordered to anger management, he has issues.
I'm a little fuzzy on Zimmerman's early incidents, before the Martin case. Was he ever convicted of anything in those cases? If so, that would have been where he might have been ordered into anger management. There would have been no grounds to do this in the Martin case since Zimmerman was acquitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Who would date this guy? That is the big question. ..
Good question. The world is filled with whackos, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 07:47 PM

38 posts, read 64,278 times
Martin was a bad kid. His own videos that he personally shot shows that he was on the wrong side of the road for a while. Martin was a blooming character in the hood. Pics of him with pistols under age, reports of him as violent perp. from a younger age, drugs etc. Also, this is not about Zimmerman's actions after the fact or even before the fact of the shooting.

Yes, Zimmerman is a block head. However, from the pics of the injuries that I have seen, he was being severely assaulted and witnesses testified to this fact. The trial concerning Martin and Zimmerman came down to facts as interpreted by a panel of peer I society. There is controversy about how they had to come to the decision they made, but you are innocent until proven innocent of a crime. After that, if you decide to point a gun at your girlfriend, it is another issue and does not fare well upon your character.

In this case, Martin was clearly on top of Zimmerman bashing his head on the pavement. If a cop was in the same situation, lethal force would never be brought up. The same should apply to any citizen; including those that are legally armed. I am one of those citizens that are legally armed, but I know the consequences of using a firearm. Just look at the trial we are talking about.

Last, racism is a nasty and extremely prevalent issue in society. White on black and black on white. One of the reasons that I am leaning more to the right is a constant beating of the racism drum in almost every circumstance that it can be brought up. I grew up far to the left, but as time goes on many of those beliefs just do not merit any credibility anymore. When the kid cry's wolf every time something does not go his way, the cry's lose all the warrant they could have if it was tempered with common sense and reasonability. This applies to all ethnicities - including Caucasians.

Zimmerman should never carry a firearm again. He is not one of the "good-guys." Saying this, however, he was graced one time when his life was in danger and had the means to protect himself. According to the law, and many in the public, he acted to defend him self in a legal manner. When you carry a firearm, the responsibility is huge. Making a stand, even if it to protect your own life or those that you love, can merit you jail time because of screwed up laws. Regardless, that is what a responsible gun owner must understand before carrying a firearm. Zimmerman is prime example. Getting the President involved after a court found him not guilty is ridiculous. Just the political climate that infringes upon the rights of the people.

I may catch hell for this rant, but I cannot in good conscience pass up the opportunity to address this issue - because of this. When I was much younger, and on a date, we were attacked by a group of 4. I shot 2, and it was caught on camera. Even with camera footage, the defense went after me. They were eventually sent packing, but I have to live with the situation in my life every day. I have been reminded that -at least - I can live life and experience the hell of the situation. For that, I thank God every day.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:55 PM

835 posts, read 1,037,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvest123 View Post
Martin was a bad kid. His own videos that he personally shot shows that he was on the wrong side of the road for a while. Martin was a blooming character in the hood. Pics of him with pistols under age, reports of him as violent perp. from a younger age, drugs etc. Also, this is not about Zimmerman's actions after the fact or even before the fact of the shooting.

Yes, Zimmerman is a block head. However, from the pics of the injuries that I have seen, he was being severely assaulted and witnesses testified to this fact. The trial concerning Martin and Zimmerman came down to facts as interpreted by a panel of peer I society. There is controversy about how they had to come to the decision they made, but you are innocent until proven innocent of a crime. After that, if you decide to point a gun at your girlfriend, it is another issue and does not fare well upon your character.

In this case, Martin was clearly on top of Zimmerman bashing his head on the pavement. If a cop was in the same situation, lethal force would never be brought up. The same should apply to any citizen; including those that are legally armed. I am one of those citizens that are legally armed, but I know the consequences of using a firearm. Just look at the trial we are talking about.

Last, racism is a nasty and extremely prevalent issue in society. White on black and black on white. One of the reasons that I am leaning more to the right is a constant beating of the racism drum in almost every circumstance that it can be brought up. I grew up far to the left, but as time goes on many of those beliefs just do not merit any credibility anymore. When the kid cry's wolf every time something does not go his way, the cry's lose all the warrant they could have if it was tempered with common sense and reasonability. This applies to all ethnicities - including Caucasians.

Zimmerman should never carry a firearm again. He is not one of the "good-guys." Saying this, however, he was graced one time when his life was in danger and had the means to protect himself. According to the law, and many in the public, he acted to defend him self in a legal manner. When you carry a firearm, the responsibility is huge. Making a stand, even if it to protect your own life or those that you love, can merit you jail time because of screwed up laws. Regardless, that is what a responsible gun owner must understand before carrying a firearm. Zimmerman is prime example. Getting the President involved after a court found him not guilty is ridiculous. Just the political climate that infringes upon the rights of the people.

I may catch hell for this rant, but I cannot in good conscience pass up the opportunity to address this issue - because of this. When I was much younger, and on a date, we were attacked by a group of 4. I shot 2, and it was caught on camera. Even with camera footage, the defense went after me. They were eventually sent packing, but I have to live with the situation in my life every day. I have been reminded that -at least - I can live life and experience the hell of the situation. For that, I thank God every day.
Zimmerman had his gun that night because he had an itchy trigger finger that needed to be scratched. The same itch is what made him pull a shotgun on his girlfriend. He is just looking for his next victim and sees his girlfriend as the next candidate for a body full of lead.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:02 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,939,036 times
It seems the girlfriend set him up, if this is true then she should be charged.

George Zimmerman girlfriend: I did not set him up - Orlando Sentinel

Old 11-20-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
It seems the girlfriend set him up, if this is true then she should be charged.

George Zimmerman girlfriend: I did not set him up - Orlando Sentinel
I doubt it. She didn't make him barricade himself inside her house.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:21 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,858,490 times
Default What a Train Wreck.

This guy got a new chance in life and he screw it up.GZ actually had credibility with me. Now he just needs to be locked up to rethink his life!

Anyone of us would of been locked in in the big house for 20 years to life and GZ gets the silver spoon!

So Sad!

Old 11-20-2013, 09:23 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,858,490 times
Default The GZ Circus Folly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
I doubt it. She didn't make him barricade himself inside her house.
We will have to wait for the Trial, and it will be a 3 ring circus!

Old 11-20-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
We will have to wait for the Trial, and it will be a 3 ring circus!
It obvious this guy is guilty. The victim smear campaign won't work for righties and gun nuts this time. If he was innocent why would he barricade himself inside her house and lock the door? That doesn't sound innocent to me.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:39 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,211,956 times
Default Thread Topic: George Zimmerman.....domestic violence charges

Quote:

Back on topic please, stop trying to derail and hijack the thread.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:56 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,570,943 times
Quote:

Great post! Trevon wasn't the angel certain people wanted to let us to believe and Zimmermans lawyers had to beat a huge battle since many things Trevon did in his life were not allowed into the trial so it was a case of great lawyers who proved their case in court.

Case over!

It is getting scary that everything you nowadays say is considered "racism" if you don't agree with a black person! If a agree with a black person nothing will be said but the minute you disagree it is the first thing out of their mouth.

Squatters who moved into the house behind me got into a verbal fight with neighbors across the street due to the squatters dogs running freely into neighboring garages and scaring the heck out of neighbors since not many like to run into a pit bull in their own garage.

When one neighbor called the person out the first thing out of the squatters mouth was "you are a racist because I'm Hispanic" which caused the white neighbor to explode since we have on our block Black people, next door Asian next to white people and next to them another Spanish and next to them another black couple and notbody every had any issues.

Nobody is now screaming "racism" even though Zimmerman is Hispanic and the girl is white, but if she would have been black it would be a different case.

I don't like Zimmerman to walk around with a gun either but just look at the facs of how many balck people have come out saying they will do something like the black panther racist group has stated and other crazies...what should he do?

To me all that is proven that Zimmerman and women are not a real good match for where he is in his life right now.

Do I trust the women...NOT at all!

I think they are crazy too and two crazies mae a huge mess.

Zimmerman should get counseling and move away. The women should know better too.

If you hear that he had an issue with wife number one and recently with 2nd wife.. (who btw is a convicted felon) ...that makes me think "what was she thinking and wishing for?"

I think it will be dismissed since lawyers will check into her life more closely and I don't think her life and all she did will be so pretty.

I understand that some people make wrong decisions and seem to run into the wrong people in their life. But the first time dealing with domestic violance and being scared to leave, etc. is very udnerstandable but if they finally leave and get their life together....why would they go into another bad relationship.

Aren't they a little bit at fault if they don't leave the second relationship if it happens in the smallest way since they know what the result can be.

It is not always other people ....if someone beats you that person should be punished, but if you keep going back or get into another relationship like that shoudln't their be some responsibility and use ofyour brain to walk away.

Many people walked away even after years of a bad relationship and didn't have it easy and it is very sad that things like that happen and you don't wish it on anybody, but that shoul also be the end and not starting again.

The same in my opinion counts for people who are in the news for being a "certain" person...if people still are so anxious to be around that person than they shouldn't play the victim because the rest of the world knew what could be expected...some like fame, this last girlfriend knew what was going on with Zimmerman and was present when Zimmerman had the fight with his last wife!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime