Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 03:03 PM

117 posts, read 110,653 times

Advertisements

Knox is guilty. The first appeals trial was not conducted properly or even legally by the judge who might have been bought by the defense lawyers with the Italian boy's doctor daddy.

That judge who had no experience with criminal cases mysteriously replaced a very experienced judge at the last minute.

Our country let OJ Simpson go and that woman in Florida as well.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:05 PM

She is guilty. She lost the two trials that were conducted properly and oversaw by a judge who had criminal / murder trial experience.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:13 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggshall View Post

Our country let OJ Simpson go and that woman in Florida as well.
^^^ Snipped

Yes the jury found OJ not guilty and the same for Casey Anthony in Florida. But that is the end, no Trial 2, 3, 4. Yes there was a Civil trial against OJ and Anthony filed bankruptcy in hopes of avoiding civil trials against her.

I did not at the time nor do I today agree with the Casey Anthony verdict but it was the American Justice System at work and I would much prefer the American Justice System than any other country in the world. I just don't ever want a jury of my peers to come from Pinellas County, Florida.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:17 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,936 times
Good grief, and I thought the George Zimmerman case as a joke and a show. Theses Italians, whew!

Old 01-30-2014, 03:24 PM

It was 3 trials. The first appeal trial was not conducted properly by an inexperienced judge who might have been bought. He was forced to retire after that trial. The Supreme Court annulled that trial in its entirety. It is like it never took place.

Knox was given another appeals trial that was conducted properly. Her lawyers failed to make a case for her. In most countries including America she would have not received an appeal trial of her original guilty conviction. SHe can't complain about Italian justice.

There was more evidence against Knox than OJ.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:32 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,148,398 times
Oh, that's great. What a fiasco. First guilty, then not, now this kangaroo court. The time has come for her to tell those people to pound sand. Very publicly.

The below is tongue-in-cheek, though it sure would *feel* good, were I in her shoes:

1. Call a press conference for this evening.
2. Be sure to invite members of international media, hopefully including Italians.
3. Inform all that in the United States, we are not subject to "appeal trials" or other double-jeopardy, barbaric, Third World nonsense once cleared of charges in a court of law. (Unless someone's "civil rights" have been violated, a separate matter.)
4. Therefore, she refuses to participate in criminal, corrupt "court proceedings" from a foreign court, as a United States citizen already once cleared of charges by said-Italian court.

As an aside, may be interesting to further remind the gathered press that the United States is not a ratified signatory to the International Criminal Court for similar reasons: lack of due process in corrupt, backward systems, i.e. subjecting United States soldiers to illegal (under U.S. law) accusations, indictments, etc.

Terminate the press conference, taking no questions.

Summarize the above in three letters, addressed as follows:

- United Nations, c/o Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon.
- United States Department of Justice, Washington D.C., c/o Eric Holder, A.G.
- Italian Embassy, Washington D.C., c/o Italian Ambassador to the United States.

Assuming she has a book deal already going, or the talk show circuit, or whatever celebutards do for money these days, she next needs to leave on temporary vacation. By car, ferry, or ride with friends. Paying cash. With no cellphone coverage. Maybe the Florida Keys for about six months, or Hyder Alaska tending bar.

Although equating Italian justice with American justice may be a bit dicey, my "observation" is that like Casey Anthony and George Zimmerman before her, both controversial verdicts, Amanda Knox was found “Not Guilty” and/or charges dismissed once already. End of story, God Bless America (chuckle. Not really, in this case. Just sayin').

Old 01-30-2014, 03:39 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggshall View Post
It was 3 trials. The first appeal trial was not conducted properly by an inexperienced judge who might have been bought. He was forced to retire after that trial. The Supreme Court annulled that trial in its entirety. It is like it never took place.

Knox was given another appeals trial that was conducted properly. Her lawyers failed to make a case for her. In most countries including America she would have not received an appeal trial of her original guilty conviction. SHe can't complain about Italian justice.

There was more evidence against Knox than OJ.
Do you think Italy will be able to extradite her? Can the US deny extradition?

Some of the people think OJ is guilty and some of the people think OJ is innocent. The jury let him walk and we have to live with that. But they got him in the civil trial. Then the problem in Nevada has him behind bars.

I have put Casey Anthony away, out of mind. What goes around comes around and I can't dwell on Caylee Marie Anthony's death at the hands of her own mother. It will drive a body nuts!!

Old 01-30-2014, 04:28 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Justice for Meredith

The Italian court has reached a just and sound verdict, and I think it is wrong to assume that their system is inferior to ours just because Knox has been found guilty. She's guilty and she needs to be extradited and sent to prison for what she did.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:32 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I wonder what will happen now other than an appeal and her staying here....I assume a warrant for her arrest will be issued and what will Obama do...?

Old 01-30-2014, 04:33 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Time for Knox to do the time for what she did

I think she is guilty and respect the Italian system. She needs to be extradited so she can serve her time for what she did. Absolutely tragic that Meredith had to die.

I agree with the verdict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime