Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2015, 10:21 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Watch the one interrogation tape ( black and white),
I posted it further back in thread, much different when Patsy's questioned alone. Shows a different side, and how I'd imagine I would react during questioning if I were innocent of murdering my child... much of my vocabulary would need bleeping, though.
Yes. Many people have two very different personalities WITHOUT being mentally ill. Changes in handwriting can reflect these swing-moods.

I write very differently when I am upset and angry vs. when I am calm and composed. I also write very differently when I have plenty of space to spread out, like a desk, vs. when I have nothing to bear down on, or when I'm reaching the end of the page. In the latter case, my handwriting is much worse because my hand is cramped, trying to manage to hold the pen and paper steadily. I'm sure many people can relate to this.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:28 AM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times
Forensic linguistics is all over her.

The note was written by Patsy.

As Judge Judy says, if it makes no sense, it isn't true.

It makes no sense that the note was written then rewritten on her pad in her house using her notepaper and identical to her handwriting, and it be a stranger.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:11 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post

It makes no sense that the note was written then rewritten on her pad in her house using her notepaper and identical to her handwriting, and it be a stranger.
Estimated time length, 3-4 hrs, should've been loads of DNA for an intruder. The note, agreed; she didn't knot the garrote cord, she didn't kill JB.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:38 AM

388 posts, read 425,582 times
Quote:

It wasn't her handwriting. She was a 4.5 with 5 being cleared. Chris Wolf, who was cleared by DNA, scored higher. So did others. Documented in Carnes decision.

As long as you try to bolster your theory with discredited information, you will never know the truth.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:57 AM

26,726 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Absence of evidence is not equal to evidence of absence. There IS evidence Burke Ramsey owned a pair anyway.
Then show us the evidence.

Quote:
And while we are on the "footprint" topic, why was there none in the snow?
Any attempt to cross the boundary of that property would've left a mark - there was NOTHING.
Multiple posts on this thread written about footprints in the snow. Scroll back.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:11 AM

[quote=cindersslipper;40101752]Forensic linguistics is all over her.

/QUOTE]

Linguistics?

The linguistics expert who was accusing Patsy was discredited in Ramsey, Hatfill and Shakespeare! He no longer works in the field. Did you miss that?

Foster Page

Old 06-21-2015, 08:11 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameson View Post
Public pressure is probably the only thing that could keep the case from being ignored by the BPD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameson View Post

[b]The DNA IS FINE. This case can be solved.
Are you saying BPD put the case on the back burner?

Solving a high profile cold case, a feather in the cap of a BPD investigator. Who would'nt want that on their resume?

Old 06-21-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
Yes. Many people have two very different personalities WITHOUT being mentally ill. Changes in handwriting can reflect these swing-moods.

I write very differently when I am upset and angry vs. when I am calm and composed. I also write very differently when I have plenty of space to spread out, like a desk, vs. when I have nothing to bear down on, or when I'm reaching the end of the page. In the latter case, my handwriting is much worse because my hand is cramped, trying to manage to hold the pen and paper steadily. I'm sure many people can relate to this.
I can be writing a note, take a break to make a cup of coffee then return to the note, and my writing is not the same. Letters a bit larger, or looser, tilted slightly differently. That's part of what they look for but not the most important.

We all learned to make our letters the same 50 years ago. Teachers struggled to get us all to match. But over time each of us makes a few significant changes to our writing. Especially in cursive, but some of those changes carry over to our print as well. Those details are what really helps handwriting experts make a match.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Are you saying BPD put the case on the back burner?

Solving a high profile cold case, a feather in the cap of a BPD investigator. Who would'nt want that on their resume?
Absolutely! Read the interviews with the new DA, the chief of police on Reddit. They are putting their time and energy in newer cases, cases they have a far better chance of solving. They made it clear.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
The confusion was the word "Hi-Tec". Burke's playmates thought they were saying "high tech" and agreed, Burke had boots with compass in the laces, and the kidsconsidered those high tech. Police didn't find any evidence Burke owned Hi-Tec brand boots. They tried. None in the house, none in any photos, no record of any purchase. Police TRIED to find some link, never could.

But in questioning, they could say they had all those things. They're allowed to lie. Don't be confused. You can find no place where they swear they have such evidence, not in any deposition, not at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime