Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2015, 04:26 PM

388 posts, read 425,704 times

Advertisements

LOL - Been at this for a long time. It is what the BORG do.

Lou is actually the first one to call the Ramsey lunch mob the BORG. He explained to me it was a group from Star Trek, motto was "You will be assimilated. Resistance is Futile." And that was true of the posters online who were ignored, slammed or banned for disagreeing with the BORG leaders. It was also true in Boulder. I remember Carol McKinley actually said something once that indicated she doubted the BORG position. I was told by other reporters that she found herself shunned, bullied.... and she caved and rejoined the group. On the other hand, reporters like Lisa Ryckman and Sherry Keene Osborne got the same abuse at the hands of their peers and survived. It was OK to be on the fence, maybe, a little, if you were male, but the women were really abused.

Anyway, Lou told me what BORG meant on Star Trek, said he thought the lynch mob was very much like that - and the term sticked.

Thanks for posting. it's nice to have company.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:58 PM

684 posts, read 869,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameson View Post
LOL - Been at this for a long time. It is what the BORG do.

Lou is actually the first one to call the Ramsey lunch mob the BORG. He explained to me it was a group from Star Trek, motto was "You will be assimilated. Resistance is Futile." And that was true of the posters online who were ignored, slammed or banned for disagreeing with the BORG leaders. It was also true in Boulder. I remember Carol McKinley actually said something once that indicated she doubted the BORG position. I was told by other reporters that she found herself shunned, bullied.... and she caved and rejoined the group. On the other hand, reporters like Lisa Ryckman and Sherry Keene Osborne got the same abuse at the hands of their peers and survived. It was OK to be on the fence, maybe, a little, if you were male, but the women were really abused.

Anyway, Lou told me what BORG meant on Star Trek, said he thought the lynch mob was very much like that - and the term sticked.

Thanks for posting. it's nice to have company.
Yes, and it is nice to have run into you once again on this website. You were and still are one of the most fact-based and thoughtful posters I've ever encountered when a high-profile case is the centerpiece of discussion in a web forum.

I knew what the term "Borg" meant and its true origin, and I remember you using the term often during case discussions in days of yesteryear. What I never knew until now is that Lou Smit first used the term with you -- a big tip of my hat to a man (now in the great beyond) who was not only an honest detective, but a detective who know how to assess the true probative value of evidence as well.

The term Borg is a nice fit for the "de dun it, let's hang 'em mob", not only in this case, but in most any high-profile case in which highly reliable inculpatory evidence is weak or non existent. Yet some poor soul or souls are having their life or lives destroyed via our crimetainment media with major support from corrupt, crooked or unconscious LE operatives and prosecutors.

I've never before thought of or heard that female reporters in any high-profile case were really abused if they resisted being assimilated into the Borg by their peers, but I can appreciate the likelihood. What I do know is that in the days when print media reigned supreme, an article or headline that cast a major suspect in a negative way was an article or headline that sold papers. Net, "guilty" sold papers.

On the other hand, an article or headline that is slanted towards or reads "not guilty" is not what lynch mobs want to read about, and that was not good for circulation.

Today, it's not about selling papers for the most part, now it's much more about generating website "clicks". But the same truth holds. i.e., a "guilty" slant to an article or headline is still a crowd-pleaser, while a not guilty slant means a lot of lost clicks and associated revenue.

Wolfpacks will forever demand that they have bones to gnaw on, and most LE operatives will do everything they can to ensure the bones being gnawed-on are not their own.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:58 PM

Boy, you got that right.

From time to time, I would meet a BORG in person, they all were surprised to find they really liked me. Anderson was a poster who met me, posted that he liked me, found himself attacked by his good BORG friends. They attacked him without mercy. He actually apologized to me as he rejoined his old group and flamed me as hard as he could. Told lies about when we were together. I felt bad for him, so weak.
Darnay Hoffman also met me. You can still find his post online where he said he liked me as a person, not so much me as a poster. He told the BORG they were wrong accusing me of writing the Patricia letters because I was with him in NYC, no access to a computer, when 'Patricia' was in discussion with others. The BORG was very unhappy with him for that. There were others but not so public. The BORG really showed their colors there.

I closed my forum but left up some pages. New followers of the case, however, have really been fed a lot of garbage by the BORG that never took a rest (like Candy).

Old 06-21-2015, 07:00 PM

LOL. No response from the BORG. They knock our posts but make no case using the true evidence. Been like that from the beginning.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:57 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
LOL. No response from the BORG. They knock our posts but make no case using the true evidence. Been like that from the beginning.
I'm living my life in between posting to the Ramsey thread...what did I miss? Imagine other posters doing the same. Lols

Old 06-21-2015, 08:10 PM

Not a lot. Today I started another thread while I reread the 1997 interviews. Here, same old, same old.

Been looking up cases where parents killed their children, looking at motives, histories, actions after the crime. Very interesting. Lots of parents killed themselves after killing the kids. Lots did it when marriages were dissolving. Some really crazy, hallucinating, having delusions. Some single parents just didn't want to be burdened anymore.
I did find a couple cases where a father killed kids, under serious stress, some kind of breakdown, they didn't run or cover at all.

Please, RDI posters, show me a case where a parent with NO history of mental illness or violence, under no undue stress, no motive like insurance or unhappiness being a parent..... a case where after killing their child they did not hurt themselves or leave evidence investigators could link to them.

I don't see parental involvement.
No motive, no history, nothing after indicating shock or shame ar doing this.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:11 PM

Lots of people reading here and not posting.
Wonder if the killer follows the forums.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:23 PM

684 posts, read 869,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I'm living my life in between posting to the Ramsey thread...what did I miss? Imagine other posters doing the same. Lols
You missed replying to my post (#1315).

Which reads:

As for what "you know for a fact", I have a few simple questions for you.

1) When did you first start to closely follow this case (day or month or year)?

2) When did you first decide (day or month or year) that evidence proved beyond a reasonable doubt that one or more people in the Ramsey family was involved in or participated in Jon Benet's murder?

3) Is there any particular family member that you believe certain evidence proves beyond a reasonable doubt that they murdered Jon Benet? If so, who?

4) Exactly, what is the evidence that you've relied on to reach this conclusion?

5) Why does this evidence totally survive and trump (in your mind) the DNA evidence that Mary Lacy relied upon in her 2008 announcement that removed all members of the Ramsey family from under the umbrella of suspicion?

Old 06-21-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Lots of people reading here and not posting.
Wonder if the killer follows the forums.
No, they have a life...

Old 06-21-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
You missed replying to my post (#1315).

Which reads:

As for what "you know for a fact", I have a few simple questions for you.

1) When did you first start to closely follow this case (day or month or year)?

2) When did you first decide (day or month or year) that evidence proved beyond a reasonable doubt that one or more people in the Ramsey family was involved in or participated in Jon Benet's murder?

3) Is there any particular family member that you believe certain evidence proves beyond a reasonable doubt that they murdered Jon Benet? If so, who?

4) Exactly, what is the evidence that you've relied on to reach this conclusion?

5) Why does this evidence totally survive and trump (in your mind) the DNA evidence that Mary Lacy relied upon in her 2008 announcement that removed all members of the Ramsey family from under the umbrella of suspicion?
We've been over this, posted my thoughts on many occassions. Could I be wrong, absolutely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime