Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2015, 07:42 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I meant to convey that most people did not equate sincerity with their first few interviews, in particular; the peculiar way they conducted themselves after that weren't much better. They did not resonate with most people. A body language expert explains it better than I can, here...
Does the body language expert know what barbiturates do to blunt emotions? Surely she’s heard of that.

From your clip, the interviewer states that people want them to say, “I didn’t do it!”

Yet look at the interview below, the next year, of PR being interviewed by Det Tom Haney and Trip DeMuth when she actually did say that neither she nor JR killed their child. After that interview, it was assumed that she was so angry and aggressive that she actually "had it in her" to kill her child.

This couple couldn’t win with the media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlxJRb5T_XM

Old 06-26-2015, 07:44 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameson View Post
Beckner didn't tell the truth. That's why he scrambled to take it down.
Good grief, so he's lying, too? How do you know this for certain? You say the DNA is good. How do you KNOW that? It could have very well been contaminated or loused up just like most of the pitifully bungling, early attempts to conduct competent police work since Minute 1, Hour 1, Day 1.

If you just go down the line and cross off all involved who suspected the Ramseys, you've become too subjective; you're too close to the case itself to be objective, just like Virgode mentioned several posts back.

I really don't care who killed JonBenet; I just want to know who DID, and why.

Incidentally, is John Ramsey still actively looking for the killer, or is he merrily living life with his new French-named wife, Jan Rousseaux, and continuing to rendezvous (another of his favorite words) with his friends in French-named Charlevoix, Michigan?

Old 06-26-2015, 08:16 PM

388 posts, read 425,559 times
[quote=Tobiashen;40182584]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
jameson;[/b]40180925]Not sure what you mean, she was just telling the truth. If John held her hand, he was controlling. If he didn't, he was cold and uncaring. If she cried she was being over dramatic, if not she was cold and either was she was guilty. I understand perfectly what she was referring to.QUOTE]

Again, here is the quote from the link that I posted:

I meant to convey that most people did not equate sincerity with their first few interviews, in particular; the peculiar way they conducted themselves after that weren't much better. They did not resonate with most people. A body language expert explains it better than I can, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK7HC5LHjn8
watched the clip. Can't help what Wood read into their body language but think if Patsy had NOT looked at John, she would have found fault with that too. I really think people were less put of by the Ramseys.... more they were influenced by the media spin.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:40 AM

388 posts, read 425,559 times
WhoCares811 wrote a good post on another thread and now that thread is closed. I don't understand the rules here.

WC said he couldn't understand the killer waiting 45 minutes to finish killing JonBenet, couldn't understand sitting around writing the note.

Both issues have been misunderstood by WC.

The note wasn't written after the crime, not by any killer, family or intruder. First, why bother since the child was dead. Then, after that crime, no one could have written that, their heart would have been pounding and there's just no way.

The note was written before the murder, likely before the family even got home. Tells us a lot about her killer's fantasies.

The 45 minute wait between injuries is, simply put, a lie. He took her to the basement, used the garotte once, again, and when she was very close to death, he bashed her in the head. She bled very little because her blood stopped .. because she died right then.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:13 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
CA4Now... this black and white tape video, I referred to in other posts showing another side; I Believed her when I first viewed the tape, viewing again, opinion unchanged.

Interviews, where typically John takes the lead with answers and Patsy nods, not only unnecessary interviewing, appear rehearsed. They have to take some responsibility for public opinion. Mulititude of interviewing damaging,imo. Overkill, like the murder....

Old 06-27-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameson View Post

Both issues have been misunderstood by WC.

Debating what came first, the chicken or the egg?

No rhyme or reason in sequencing of the crime; the obvious answer, more than one person involved.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Debating what came first, the chicken or the egg? No rhyme or reason in sequencing of the crime; the obvious answer, more than one person involved.
Although those who say the head blow came first....that really makes no sense. Can't believe a police detective would actually believe that.

I agree that more than one person was involved.

The short clip of PR being interrogated by Haney has been posted on this and the other Ramsey threads numerous times. Obviously by that point, the shock, numbness and disbelief have worn off and PR is angry that the suspect(s) haven't been found.

This couple will be criticized until the killer is found. In the other clip, when the body language expert said of PR, "We look down when we're ashamed, hiding something," etc....I couldn't believe it. We probably also look down when we're so bombarded by grief that we can barely function.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:

This couple will be criticized until the killer is found. In the other clip, when the body language expert said of PR, "We look down when we're ashamed, hiding something," etc....I couldn't believe it. We probably also look down when we're so bombarded by grief that we can barely function.
Although I'm far from expert on reading body language, don't see looking down as anything other, than gathering thoughts, or breaking a gaze.

Another unnecessary interview, they set themselves up for criticism. Go home and grieve, stop attempts to convince and change public opinion...with more interviews... this doesn't equate to parents, who can barely function. Nor does Pastsy need to go on tv in an altered state to prove so.

Last edited by virgode; 06-27-2015 at 08:38 AM..

Old 06-27-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Another unnecessary interview, they set themselves up for criticism. Go home and grieve, stop attempts to convince and change public opinion...with more interviews.
The CNN interview, less than two weeks after the murder, was something they said they felt pressured to do, primarily by the Whites. The Whites thought they didn't need attorneys and could better reach the public this way, possibly to help find the killer. The 1998 interrogation, in which PR and JR were separated and interviewed, was not of their choosing.

The fact that the interrogation was recorded and passed on to the media by the Boulder PD is a whole other issue.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
The CNN interview, less than two weeks after the murder, was something they said they felt pressured to do, primarily by the Whites. The Whites thought they didn't need attorneys and could better reach the public this way, possibly to help find the killer. The 1998 interrogation, in which PR and JR were separated and interviewed, was not of their choosing.

The fact that the interrogation was recorded and passed on to the media by the Boulder PD is a whole other issue.
Shame on BPD too. Ramseys helped perpetuate media circus. Theres no pressure, they created this along with police from day one. Its not a competition...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime